In the loop!

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

57 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

This makes me sad. As I've said before, one of the things I love most about Bellisseria is the interaction - both as a community and with the people who are actually building it. I thought the Soon™ hints were fun, and like many others looked forward to the Soon-O-Meter dialing up a notch. Sure, it's a very small thing relatively speaking, but it gave us that little bit of anticipation and whimsy. Not to mention we swiped it for a standard reply to the multiple daily queries. 

Mostly, though, I really and truly hope the interaction with the Lindens and Moles doesn't go away. This is what makes the whole thing extra-neat to me, and hearing little bits about how things are created/scripted/etc makes me appreciate the process that much more. And the random goofing around on occasion is great - it puts a human face on the staff (no offense intended to the non-humans.) 

I second this. I love having the Lindens and the Moles around. I was quoted over on NWN before Bellisseria came out saying that I wished there were more involvement with them. Now that there is, I love it and I don't want them to go away. They are as much a part of the community around Bellisseria as the rest of us. Hell, I suspect several of them probably have alts, or mains, who knows maybe they exist on just the mole account, out and about in Belli. It would be a tragedy to lose that. 

• Like 9

I don't think anyone is suggesting they stop interacting. This is snowballing from people wishing that news would be given in a more accessible way so that people who are not in the group, or not logged on, etc etc etc can see it. Patch has now told us they are working on just that. Seems like the snowball can stop rolling now. ;) 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting they stop interacting. This is snowballing from people wishing that news would be given in a more accessible way so that people who are not in the group, or not logged on, etc etc etc can see it. Patch has now told us they are working on just that. Seems like the snowball can stop rolling now. ;) 

Thank you.

It's made me sad how some have misinterpreted my original posting,  especially if they think it was directed in a negative way at the Lindens or Moles, it wasn't. Far from it, I've been a resident since 2007, and SL has been my safe place a few times, and the few times I have interacted with any of them has always been positive. I'm also one of those who met their RL partner in SL first. So I have a lot to be grateful for!

Right now, we are ALL in the same boat with regard to RL, some more so at risk than others, and I saw some comments that just made me want put that person on the naughty stair! 

I feel this thread does not warrant anymore comments, especially any negative ones, and would like it to be closed. 

@Patch Linden would you be a dear and please close this thread? I don't see a way of doing it, and I just don't want to see any more negative comments. I haven't even read some of the more recent ones, I haven't the heart right now.

Granny 😟

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

For future reference, I've been told that anyone on the governance team can close threads.  I believe I've seen thread locks by both @Dakota Linden and Kristin Linden.

I've always thought it weird that in these SL forums, OPs cannot close their own threads.  An unusual configuration choice for forum software, I'm guessing.

Edited by Nika Talaj

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

For future reference, I've been told that anyone on the governance team can close threads.  I believe I've seen thread locks by both @Dakota Linden and Kristin Linden.

I've always thought it weird that in these SL forums, OPs cannot close their own threads.  An unusual configuration choice for forum software, I'm guessing.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

(Tagging @Kristen Linden in for you.)

ETA: @Jagix Linden, too.  :)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2020 at 5:06 AM, Patch Linden said:

snip

Can you believe I get complaints about that?  I have even received complaints and directed anger about the use of too many Soon™'s, so I've even stopped that at this point.   Some one made the point that we might just regress and pull everything back, and yes, this is the path that leads us back down that road to total non-engagement.   Since we just can't have nice things, I suppose I will have to digress.  Our new communication system is pretty close to being deployed, and when I feel there is an important enough update other than Soon™ or Not this Week™, I will make a real forum post update.

13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

IBTL

I said, either here or the other thread, that I agree with info being accessible to all. No argument there, and happy to know it's been addressed.

The point was not missed. My recent concern was in reference to Patch's comment bolded above, posted in this same thread.

(Agree with locking it though. Too many other worse paths this could take.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hendrix Portal said:

IBTL

I said, either here or the other thread, that I agree with info being accessible to all. No argument there, and happy to know it's been addressed.

The point was not missed. My recent concern was in reference to Patch's comment bolded above, posted in this same thread.

(Agree with locking it though. Too many other worse paths this could take.)

Clearly the OP is being made to feel like something she said has started this derail into "the Lindens are going to desert us!", so again, I suggest the derail be stopped. It's a pity that apparently the thread will need to be locked in order to accomplish that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2020 at 2:06 AM, Patch Linden said:

Right now, in a less than your perfect world of ideals, I hint, or joke around, and sometimes drop some tidbits of information sprinkled around all over the place.   Can you believe I get complaints about that?  I have even received complaints and directed anger about the use of too many Soon™'s, so I've even stopped that at this point.

I rather enjoy the 'Soons'. Those of us with sense, and a sense of humor; get them as humor and that - deadlines can't be stated when they aren't known and trying to do so will only lead to greater problems down the road if they're missed because the nature of the project is just complex.

I believe the number of people who enjoy the humor and coy engagement largely outnumbers those that take it too literally.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Clearly the OP is being made to feel like something she said has started this derail into "the Lindens are going to desert us!", so again, I suggest the derail be stopped. It's a pity that apparently the thread will need to be locked in order to accomplish that. 

Clearly you  are correct, but I can try for the LAST WORD!

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Had the OP only asked for more official information to be posted more often it would have ended there, but that's not what the OP did. Rather she gave a rather derogatory description of an in world group and then basically complained that they had info that had not been posted in the official forum channels. People here complain that info is being released in world in random places while people in world complain that no one reads the forums so info should be provided in world rather than the forums. LL is aware of the problem and as Patch has said a message system is being developed. The idea of a message system was spoken about when Patch appeared on Lab Gab so that system was in the works before the OP posted. 

Since I was the person who said I wouldn't blame the Lindens/Moles if they stopped being as interactive with the kind of reaction presented by the OP I take exception to my comment being labeled as a derail. It's not a derail! It's the natural conclusion from what the OP posted.

• Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.