In the loop!

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Blogs are LL's designated area for information dissemination and this sub-forum does contain a Linden Homes Update thread that only LL can post to.  Those are most definitely the two places that should contain all official updates related to the Linden Homes.

Even IF all 4000 some-odd members of the inworld group actually paid super close attention to the chat, there is still no way that all of them are going to be inworld at the exact time that any specific comment is made.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Even though I live in the center of a town of about 20,000 people in a former first world country my internet is only usable early in the morning and by 5pm goes away completely only to return sometime after I go to bed.  This is partly due to load on the system, sub-par cable in our neighborhood and rather heavy internet usage by my husband.  But I have an agreement with hubby that he can have the meager bandwidth currently available in the hours when we are still able to connect for his use if I can have first dibs on it once the new homes are released.  

But if I need to be inworld to know when that is going to happen or to know when to watch for an announcement then I will miss the release if the houses go as quickly as the houseboat or camper releases did, as the official announcement usually does not show up until after the homes have been released.

I feel very badly for you!  SL can be a real comfort when one needs to escape RL madness, and SO frustrating to find an interweb traffic jam blocking you from inworld!  

This sort of situation is exactly why I created that "Horse's mouth" thread.  Despite the complaints here, news from inworld observations and chat reaches the forums very quickly.  I figured that if folks like you had ONE thread to follow that would be posted to with important news like major releases and schedule hints,  maybe you could follow it and receive notification on your phone.  In your situation, I might use an alt that has NO groups, and have him/her follow JUST that thread and Patch's.

You're an accomplished hopper, so I bet you know that big releases begin, usually, in the morning SL time.  You'll be able to narrow it down to a few days.  Maybe hubby can arrange his schedule ahead of time to be busy elsewhere during likely big release times?

Anyway, my condolences, and I hope you can figure out a way to get more inworld time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have seen Patch misquoted so many times in world and here in these forums that I don't believe anything that someone says they heard him, or any Linden/Mole say. So it doesn't really matter to me. I believe official statements only. Personally, I think you all are giving way too much importance to hearsay. 

Plus you all say you want Lindens/Moles to interact with the community and when they do this is the response. I wouldn't blame any of them if they just stopped and only used official channels to communicate.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 7

53 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Please excuse my misbehavior - I will not post in the forums again.  I forgot that they are only for a select group as well.

you posted a half line about the subject and  9 with connection/internet problems after it... that's derailing sweety.

16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Plus you all say you want Lindens/Moles to interact with the community and when they do this is the response. I wouldn't blame any of them if they just stopped and only used official channels to communicate.

QFT

In that scenario, most likely we would not receive any notification of a release until after it actually happens.  Makes not much nevermind to LL, at this point all the homes will go, regardless of whether they indulge our wish for hints ahead of time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that would be even a lot better than just in the groupies group.

Schadenfreude is never pretty.  /me gets you some of your favorite tea.

Personally, I enjoy the hints, the flickr pics, etc.  And I love that Moles let us watch them build, and that Lindens joke around in whatever chat they like.  Including local, when they're around.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, I enjoy the hints, the flickr pics, etc.  And I love that Moles let us watch them build, and that Lindens joke around in whatever chat they like.  Including local, when they're around.

I think the point some (at least, me) are trying to make is that official news needs to be more accessible. No one is saying that Patch, et al, should not socialize. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

you'r doing the same .. bit the same as the person earlier in a sortlike discussion" you can join when you want" ... but the issue is, It's no official channel, but used like a semi one.
You only confirm the cliquiness of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Put me down as another who is starting to not care about when the log cabins will be released.  Or perhaps I am trying to convince myself I do not care as my inworld time has been cut back to almost nothing because of poor internet performance. 

Even though I live in the center of a town of about 20,000 people in a former first world country my internet is only usable early in the morning and by 5pm goes away completely only to return sometime after I go to bed.  This is partly due to load on the system, sub-par cable in our neighborhood and rather heavy internet usage by my husband.  But I have an agreement with hubby that he can have the meager bandwidth currently available in the hours when we are still able to connect for his use if I can have first dibs on it once the new homes are released.  

But if I need to be inworld to know when that is going to happen or to know when to watch for an announcement then I will miss the release if the houses go as quickly as the houseboat or camper releases did, as the official announcement usually does not show up until after the homes have been released.

I don't want to hijack this thread - but have been wanting to ask if other people have been experiencing problems with lower quality or non-existent internet connections?

Internet connection where I live has taken a real nose dive this week, undoubtedly because of the real life goings on (coronavirus-wise), and people fighting over supermarket time slots as well as everything else! It's exhausting. 

So I am not surprised you and others are feeling a bit jaded/unenthusiastic about the release of cabins.  It's like when on reality TV or game shows, there is a long pause for effect before announcing winners/answers, and I just end up wandering off to make a cup of coffee and forget to come back again. I'd be the same if I were looking out for new Linden Homes if I were still premium. 

Everything seems to have to be turned into a rat race also, and somehow that just takes the fun out of what is meant to be fun.

• Like 6

Well, I happened to be in the aforementioned chat where Patch teased about the release of the log cabins. He did say not this week or next. In general, I  don’t report hearsay, because I know how quickly things change. I’m not even sure if it’s a TOS violation to be sharing what he says in a group chat. At any rate, I find out more from the forum posters than the inworld groups. Keep giving me the heads up! 😊

My vote is for official channels to be used for communication. 

• Like 11

I am in the citizens group i do have the chat active when i'm logged in but i'm usually i'm doing things or chatting with friends etc. while it's great LL employees are in the group chatting away it's not my main focus of attention and i only see the chatter in dribs and drabs. if something considered official is going to come up about future releases i'd rather it get put in the forum or even a group notice than the group chat that i'll likely miss

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Sorry, my poor translation xD I was referring to a pinback button, so it would be perfect for a picture of your lovely head and mask xD 

Oh, I was too, although I call it a badge. It would still have to be larger than average 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

I don't want to hijack this thread - but have been wanting to ask if other people have been experiencing problems with lower quality or non-existent internet connections?

Not hijacking at all. I'm glad others were able to answer your question ☺️

• Like 6

The New Linden Homes Update Post

I  was told last year by support to follow te above thread  it was    started by Patch  

as it would have all thhe information of the upcomming releases, homes etc.   the last post to that thread was Dec.18, 22019.   

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

The New Linden Homes Update Post

I  was told last year by support to follow te above thread  it was    started by Patch  

as it would have all thhe information of the upcomming releases, homes etc.   the last post to that thread was Dec.18, 22019.   

For the most part it has only ever been used to announce large releases.

So not totally surprised that Patch isn't posting his various "not this week" comments there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Please excuse my misbehavior - I will not post in the forums again.  I forgot that they are only for a select group as well.

Don't bow out.  Take your shoes off, pull on some wooly socks and kick his butt.  Do it here so we can cheer.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Granny drags you back, gives you some chocolate, and tells you to post, post, and post again!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

You will be old someday, and be glad you reached it! Not everyone has the privilege to live a full life 😊

i'm quite some years over half what's expected, since my teens dealing with health issues .. and many don't understand when i say i wouldn't mind to be gone next year.. two years, or whenever the call comes.. my life's been good, bad, ups and downs, and i make it full everyday as it's the last.
I see daily how cruel life can be at my work, i don't feel the need to get to 100 for myself. When it's done... it's done.

• Like 5

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

i'm quite some years over half what's expected, since my teens dealing with health issues .. and many don't understand when i say i wouldn't mind to be gone next year.. two years, or whenever the call comes.. my life's been good, bad, ups and downs, and i make it full everyday as it's the last.
I see daily how cruel life can be at my work, i don't feel the need to get to 100 for myself. When it's done... it's done.

I hug you, gently if required, and admire you for your honesty. This Granny is here to give a shoulder, although her head is bigger than any other part of her avi!

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.