What are you listening to?

On 5/12/2024 at 2:43 AM, archangel969 said:

Well, I love love Nemo. So I a happy for them they have won!

This is the official statement of the dutch broadcaster that organised the song festival for the Netherlands.

We have taken note of the disqualification by the EBU. AVROTROS finds the disqualification disproportionate and is shocked by the decision. We deeply regret this.

An incident occurred after last Thursday's performance. Against clearly made agreements, Joost was filmed when he had just gotten off stage and had to rush to the greenroom. At that moment, Joost repeatedly indicated that he did not want to be filmed. This wasn’t respected. This led to a threatening movement from Joost towards the camera. Joost did not touch the camera woman. This incident was reported, followed by an investigation by the EBU and police.

Yesterday and today we consulted extensively with the EBU and proposed several solutions. Nevertheless, the EBU has still decided to disqualify Joost Klein. AVROTROS finds the penalty very heavy and disproportionate. We stand for good manners -let there be no misunderstanding about that- but in our view, an exclusion order is not proportional to this incident.

We are very disappointed and upset for the millions of fans who were so excited for tonight. What Joost brought to the Netherlands and Europe shouldn’t have ended this way.

Update spokesperson: 

Now that AVROTROS is no longer part of the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest, we do not feel the need to hand out the points of the Dutch jury. In consultation with Nikkie de Jager, who would act as our spokesperson tonight, we decided not to do it. Just like Nikkie, we imagined this evening very differently.

I can add to this: he was filmed (for the second time) right after he finished the song and walked to the green room while he had clearly said not wanting to be filmed right after that. It's for Joost a very emotional moment because it is about his parents who died when he was young. He is also crying when he speaks that last words of his song.

This year's Eurovision's drama just won't quit!  I'm seeing people talking about the EU sanctioning them somehow, because they banned the EU flag at Eurovision this year.  Almost every broadcaster is mad about something.  It would take a separate thread to get into it all.

One thing you might want to know about, though, and maybe record on your phone, if you get the chance, is this:  At noon tomorrow, the cathedrals will play Europapa, in the Netherlands.  At least, that's how I interpret this tweet.

But back to trying to be on topic:

I learned this on guitar last night, and it's been playing in my head non-stop ever since:

• Like 3