What are you listening to?

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

& @LyricalBookwormI always liked that song, which apparently is embarrassing to admit? Who cares. :) Interesting new video. I've never seen a sign language music video!

Why embarrassing? I think it is quite a beautiful song, but this is the only version I've seen and signing always adds emotion to music. I'm deaf so most of my music is either signed in BSL or ASL since I sign both. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LyricalBookworm said:

Why embarrassing? I think it is quite a beautiful song, but this is the only version I've seen and signing always adds emotion to music. I'm deaf so most of my music is either signed in BSL or ASL since I sign both. :)

I think it is a great song, but there are a lot of people that when you mention this song they groan and roll their eyes. It *did* get overplayed at the time, maybe that's why? I didn't know you are deaf, but wondered after seeing the video. The video and signing absolutely added another dimension to the song and I'm glad you shared it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I think it is a great song, but there are a lot of people that when you mention this song they groan and roll their eyes. It *did* get overplayed at the time, maybe that's why? I didn't know you are deaf, but wondered after seeing the video. The video and signing absolutely added another dimension to the song and I'm glad you shared it.

I can understand that. I had a few songs I liked as a teenager I'm so embarrassed to admit too. Although I would admit to it if asked! Lol. The one thing I've learned as a music lover though, never be embarrassed of what you love. Music is a language all on its own and offers our world so much magic, reassurance, emotion and depth during the toughest of times.  ;)

• Like 2

i was on youtube looking at reactions and came across this guy U.U.U. Hiphop meets Rage Against The Machine

when Killing in the Name Of comes on the playa his whole world changes forever. By the end of the album he is wrecked. The line from Know Your Enemy: "The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy" tips him over

he swears a bit in the vid but good swearing as the lyrics impact him quite deeply. I love this guy  

• Like 1