Name your Bliss.

LexxiXhan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bliss has been a word that I've had to turn to, time and time again, in my journey towards becoming who I am. Euphoria, to counteract dysphoria, has come in unpredictable short, sharp bursts, often like a beating I needed to let me be able to look at the stars, and find enough relief and acceptance of self to keep going. Looking at those glimpses has been painful at times, when they've represented a sense of myself that has felt unattainable but oh-so-worth-living-for!

At the same time, bliss for me can be a few moments of quiet amidst the noise of interaction, the half-awake time between sleep and my alarm clock, a hot bubble bath and no-one to answer to..

So, name your Bliss, if you will x

• Like 3

When I was younger, my bliss was running. Whenever I felt down or angry, I'd go out for a run, to a park or out in the countryside somewhere. The rhythm of my feet on the ground is hypnotic, almost trance-like.

Now I'm older and my poor knees can't cope with running any more, I walk, but my bliss is still the same; being out there alone amongst the trees, listening to the rhythm of my feet on the ground.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd say my bliss is walking - when I'm not in a rush to get to a particular place.  It doesn't matter if it's around town or out at a park, though I do walk far more around town than outside of town.  I like to listen to the sounds of where ever I'm walking, so I don't listen to music or books on headphones.

When the grandsons were small enough to still be pushed in a stroller, walking was my fall-back when they needed a nap or we all just needed a break from chaos.  I'm a little sad now that only one of them is still small/young enough for stroller rides.

This month has been hard for getting walks in between rain, shorter hours of daylight and grandchild watching schedules.  I think that's partly why I haven't been feeling quite up to par lately.

• Like 3

My bliss would be a combination of little things.  Good music that brings on an eargasam.  Getting some extra shuteye on weekend mornings with no kids ruining it and feeling vindicated in my decision to remain chidlfree for it.  Walking through a botanical garden in full bloom.  A quiet day at the beach with the sensation of ocean waves slapping my ankles at the seashore.

• Like 5

The problem with "naming your bliss", is in most cultures there is not a God name for "bliss". However, in Hinduism there is a suffix (or prefix) "Ananda" - which exactly means "bliss". So, if you can see "bliss" or "ananda" everywhere, you've pretty much "made it". If not, keep looking, it's there/everywhere!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Syn Anatine said:

My bliss is a (rare) snowday when the world is covered in white and the snow crunches beneath my boots as I take my dog for a walk as thick flakes dance from the sky.

I wish I could do that, experienced it with my first dog in Tennessee. No such luck in south Florida, my huskies will never know snow.

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

My bliss is a (rare) snowday when the world is covered in white and the snow crunches beneath my boots as I take my dog for a walk as thick flakes dance from the sky.

It's like insulation from the outside noise the world makes..It's why you can hear your feet crunching the snow so easily..

I miss that insulation..A lot..hehehehe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The problem with "naming your bliss", is in most cultures there is not a God name for "bliss". However, in Hinduism there is a suffix (or prefix) "Ananda" - which exactly means "bliss". So, if you can see "bliss" or "ananda" everywhere, you've pretty much "made it". If not, keep looking, it's there/everywhere!

When I stopped watching the news for anything but the weather and removed any kind of political jargan as soon as it hit my browser or around the dinner table and inside our house, peace and quiet soon followed and my own thoughts and ideas emerged and overcame everything..

Once the clutter and noise was removed,there was much more clarity and enlightenment.. hehehehe

• Like 3

Real bliss is elusive, but creeps up unexpectedly. I haven't felt it in a while, but it happens to me when everything aligns. I remember a warm  summer evening several years ago. It was our wedding anniversary, and we were staying at a hotel in the Cotswolds. Before the evening meal, we sat outside on a bench  with a glass of wine, overlooking a valley, with a panoramic view.  There was no wind, just birdsong. The sky was blue but the sun was going down. There were no other noises. Hard to explain, but at that moment it's as if time slows right down. The whole scene is almost frozen in time, and can just be absorbed, almost like a work of art. When this happens, and it doesn't happen often, I get a feeling of bliss. These moments can't be created, they just come together.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women,

That is my bliss.

ETA: May you all enjoy a blissful holiday season. 

image.png.ecdf44cc2f85e627d027dd56741efcc5.png

That reminds me of an old saying from one of the nations..

"A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground, Then it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their weapons."

I wanna say it's Cheyenne,but it's been a little bit since I've had the time to refresh myself..

hehehe

4 hours ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

I guess I don't understand the question.  Well, I can parse the question and therefore understand it at an analytic level. The question just provokes a "huh?". Like, that doesn't really matter and do what if it did? Remember the TV show about nothing?  

yes I do..hehehehe

• Like 1

Dance. It doesn’t matter if an audience is there or I’m alone, bliss happens when I dance. And yes, with the right conditions, it happens in SL too, there is a dancer’s world in here. The ideal is BOTH! And I’m not sure I’d have even enjoyed any virtual space half as much if it did not have ballet, belly dance, trance, and even yep, para para and good old lime jelly. Much magic, much silliness! SL people dance like kids dance, largely unselfconsciously and easily. That makes me happy because I know IRL, many people just don’t dance. 

Being in a creative bubble while making something. I can forget to eat or sleep when I’m in the zone creatively. Also can be in SL or using a digital program, ‘head in the box’, I’m immersed. 

When I’m not dancing and I’m creatively stalled, it’s the worst, and no matter how bad a situation, if I have even a little time and space for these, I can create some bliss. There is also bliss tied to my partner in so many many ways, and we create and enjoy it together...but I really believe that having several somethings that are completely my own and that come from within, things that I can manifest outwardly, is vital to my happiness and wellbeing. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Dance. It doesn’t matter if an audience is there or I’m alone, bliss happens when I dance. And yes, with the right conditions, it happens in SL too, there is a dancer’s world in here. The ideal is BOTH! And I’m not sure I’d have even enjoyed any virtual space half as much if it did not have ballet, belly dance, trance, and even yep, para para and good old lime jelly. Much magic, much silliness! SL people dance like kids dance, largely unselfconsciously and easily. That makes me happy because I know IRL, many people just don’t dance. 

Being in a creative bubble while making something. I can forget to eat or sleep when I’m in the zone creatively. Also can be in SL or using a digital program, ‘head in the box’, I’m immersed. 

When I’m not dancing and I’m creatively stalled, it’s the worst, and no matter how bad a situation, if I have even a little time and space for these, I can create some bliss. There is also bliss tied to my partner in so many many ways, and we create and enjoy it together...but I really believe that having several somethings that are completely my own and that come from within, things that I can manifest outwardly, is vital to my happiness and wellbeing. 

You've lit another flame, Fauve....

I think I need to try ballet in world......

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.