Snow add-on?

HoneyBear Lovely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well what about a  room camper add on that outside looks like add on but from inside  looks like the outside ,,,, and yes it woudl probably be a bit bigger than thhe usual add on but if done tastefullly ,,,, looks like an added room but only thoses in your home can go to the room into the wonderland of what ever you want to make it ,, just another crazy rose thought ,,, going back behind my chair to hide 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'm hoping that the covenant can be given extra detail which doesn't make a special case for any particular holiday, and would disallow out of theme whole plot, opaque ground cover. 

This would also deal with solid green plots on the beach, and say, beach plots in the mountains.

100% agree with this ^^

• Like 5

Maybe we can see what LL might like to see for LH Christmas decor at the Christmas Expo.   From the expo website (my red):

Linden Lab® Partners With The Expo to Help the American Cancer Society Fight Childhood Cancer!

This year Linden Lab®, the Society’s partner in the fight against cancer, is joining the 9th Annual SL Christmas Expo. Not only will Linden Lab® be decorating Linden homes as part of the Lights Of Hope contest but the Expo will be the venue of the BIG REVEAL!  The long-anticipated ALL-NEW Version 4 LINDEN HOMES will be UNVEILED at the Lights Of Hope!

Expo visitors will be treated with the newest premier member homes as well as some very VERY Special Linden surprises and incentives! (We can’t tell you now and spoil the Christmas Surprise can we?) Be sure to check back in the fall!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

The existing rules are sufficient, and in our realities snow blankets in gardens are a thing from mid November to mid January. 

What about the folks that live in New Zealand.  Can they have snow during their winter, which would equate to summer in the USA - June through Sept?

Do we know for sure that Bellisseria is situated in something approximating the USA?  The current setup seems tropical enough to be more like Mexico or the Caribbean islands.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

I see all these arguments concerning what would be "realistic" in Bellisseria based on the real world.  AND .. .then I look around and see giant hamsters, talking cats, a "mayor" who is a mouse, mermaids everywhere, and I wonder whey so many people are fighting for "realistic".  I honestly love the variety and creativity that I see in SL and hope that it continues.  It just seems to me that some people are taking the whole thing to seriously.

• Like 11

On 11/7/2019 at 3:14 PM, Marianne Little said:

I think a light dusting of snow as shown over, and some icicles could be appropriate. A chill, not a blizzard.

I agree.  There will surely be a compromise, of some sort, for those who want that little chill.   My neighbor is all snowed out and it just kind of breaks up the harmony on the entire street.  :( I know.. derender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do we know for sure that Bellisseria is situated in something approximating the USA?  The current setup seems tropical enough to be more like Mexico or the Caribbean islands.

Belli has different climates in different parts of the continent.  Tickle Ridge, which released today, is clearly an evergreen/rugged/mountainous area, not at all tropical.

287512910_TickleRidge2_001.thumb.jpg.f9115266f252751852fdf74f4f5a48e6.jpg

I think many estate managers would be content to change the highest terrain texture to a patchy snow/rock texture, and let the residents do what they will.  LL doesn't have an easy option to kill all the butterflies and change the trees to wintery foliage.  So I think it's more a matter of whether they'll put some recommendations in place about the types of localized weather generators folks can use, and full-parcel ground prims. 

I'm hoping that all flavors of kitch will be gleefully tolerated until some safely post-festivus date.

1 hour ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

I see all these arguments concerning what would be "realistic" in Bellisseria based on the real world.  AND .. .then I look around and see giant hamsters, talking cats, a "mayor" who is a mouse, mermaids everywhere, and I wonder whey so many people are fighting for "realistic".  I honestly love the variety and creativity that I see in SL and hope that it continues.  It just seems to me that some people are taking the whole thing to seriously.

All of your examples are avatars, not terrain or landscaping.  I don't think anyone would want to curtail people's avatar choices.

If you want unbridled creativity in builds, you go to the mainland.  Belli is themed, and that limitation seems to work as a stimulus to some people's creativity, as they experiment with how to express themselves within that theme.  I think people here are just debating what is in-theme, and what would not be.  Until I see people threatening to flounce, I don't think they're too upset :)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Maybe we can see what LL might like to see for LH Christmas decor at the Christmas Expo.   From the expo website (my red):

can't wait!!!  Over in RFL world, they've been all abuzz with anticipation!  AND the reveal of an Ebbe Linden bear will be at the Expo, too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Have you not been to Hollywood?  You can see all that walking down the boulevards.  😏

e9fcf62d-d44e-4ded-89e4-b7ecedced49a.thumb.jpeg.db6351e7cf157fc439d042083a6d7201.jpeg

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

see all these arguments concerning what would be "realistic" in Bellisseria based on the real world.  AND .. .then I look around and see giant hamsters, talking cats, a "mayor" who is a mouse, mermaids everywhere, and I wonder whey so many people are fighting for "realistic".  I honestly love the variety and creativity that I see in SL and hope that it continues.  It just seems to me that some people are taking the whole thing to seriously.

Still thinking about getting ice skates for my pet chickens and crab  .

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/8/2019 at 3:25 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

...non reason... ask Australians.. the Middle East, no snow at all
or middle/south west europe...  mostly rain, wind, grey, wet, stormy....again no snow at all.

Exactly lol we manage to live without snow in New Zealand for Christmas! 😂 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Armani223 said:

Exactly lol we manage to live without snow in New Zealand for Christmas! 😂 

And here in Outback Australia. *waves to geographical neighbour*

The way I see it, those who wanted to celebrate Halloween were free to celebrate Halloween provided they stayed within parcel boundaries and of course ToS. Why should Christmas or any other seasonal festivity be different? Personally I don't associate snow with Christmas as it happens to be summer that time of year here (unless Santa is wearing board shorts) but I don't bemoan those that do associate or enjoy it. If you want to decorate with snow, do it. I'll just derender if you happen to live near me. The same as I do anything I find offensive, triggering, or unsightly according to my personal tastes. And none have to be the wiser. While there are those who say we shouldn't have to, the fact is we can. Surely that's easier and quicker and more proactive on our part than initiating an AR, or confrontation with our neighbours if it can at all be avoided. 

As much as I love the look of snow (as I don't have to live with it, ever) I don't expect (or want) LL to go changing the terrain to suit. It would be visually nice, yes, but far too much work for far too little gain beyond our enjoyment which could just as easily be gained with no effort on LL's part by decorating a mainland parcel that doesn't share the same restrictions as Bellisseria.

Say snow was allowed, where does it end? What about those who expect monsoon rains? Or spring showers? Or falling leaves and all orange/bare trees? Or how about dust storms and dry cracked earth as that's MY reality and a good percentage of my country for Christmas?

Keep Bellisseria the way it is and utilize mainland for anything else. Simple.

main-qimg-991ec92c21b9765cb2f453b2a817bf4d.jpg.e4970ede6ec6bd56fe30e5368e3010d9.jpg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

If you want to decorate with snow, do it. I'll just derender if you happen to live near me. The same as I do anything I find offensive, triggering, or unsightly according to my personal tastes. And none have to be the wiser. While there are those who say we shouldn't have to, the fact is we can. Surely that's easier and quicker and more proactive on our part than initiating an AR, or confrontation with our neighbours if it can at all be avoided. 

The catch here being that would require everyone who uses the official SL viewer to find another viewer to start using instead. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The catch here being that would require everyone who uses the official SL viewer to find another viewer to start using instead

how come the sl viewer does not have that ,,,,I have never used any other viewer and that seems like something it should have 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

And here in Outback Australia. *waves to geographical neighbour*

The way I see it, those who wanted to celebrate Halloween were free to celebrate Halloween provided they stayed within parcel boundaries and of course ToS. Why should Christmas or any other seasonal festivity be different? Personally I don't associate snow with Christmas as it happens to be summer that time of year here (unless Santa is wearing board shorts) but I don't bemoan those that do associate or enjoy it. If you want to decorate with snow, do it. I'll just derender if you happen to live near me. The same as I do anything I find offensive, triggering, or unsightly according to my personal tastes. And none have to be the wiser. While there are those who say we shouldn't have to, the fact is we can. Surely that's easier and quicker and more proactive on our part than initiating an AR, or confrontation with our neighbours if it can at all be avoided. 

As much as I love the look of snow (as I don't have to live with it, ever) I don't expect (or want) LL to go changing the terrain to suit. It would be visually nice, yes, but far too much work for far too little gain beyond our enjoyment which could just as easily be gained with no effort on LL's part by decorating a mainland parcel that doesn't share the same restrictions as Bellisseria.

Say snow was allowed, where does it end? What about those who expect monsoon rains? Or spring showers? Or falling leaves and all orange/bare trees? Or how about dust storms and dry cracked earth as that's MY reality and a good percentage of my country for Christmas?

Keep Bellisseria the way it is and utilize mainland for anything else. Simple.

main-qimg-991ec92c21b9765cb2f453b2a817bf4d.jpg.e4970ede6ec6bd56fe30e5368e3010d9.jpg

Hi5 girl our kind of Christmas 🎄 🎅 👙 

• Like 1

Personally I don't care if someone wants to ad a snow ground cover and decorate at their home all Christmasy (all year round if they want). If that's what they like it's of no consequence to me and I don't quite understand why people find it so troubling (seemingly almost offensive sometimes). There are way worse things to look at or deal with from neighbours. It's usually a minority that want to change the ground cover etc. If someone has a beach plot and wants grass that's fine by me too - maybe they can't get a home in grassy area, let them have a little joy with grass:) (umm..no puns or alternative meanings there lol).

If it's not directly intruding someway into someone else's home (e..g extremely bright lights, sounds etc, objects) then I think this is a pretty minor thing and not really anyone else's business because to me changing the season in that theme isn't bad, as it's not actually changing the theme per se.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Didn't we see a white, ie snow covered region within those posts in the ssp thread?

If the Moles have created a snowy, winter themed sim using the traditional houses (and this is an IF) then much confusion could follow. 

It would be too late to get the shovels out now and change the design to Festive Hawaiian Holiday, or Christmas in New Zealand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.