Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The new island is now showing on the map. Makes me wonder why they have chosen to have the isle at the edge of the region.  

New isle.JPG

Yes, I saw it yesterday too. The Fairgrounds is south of them. It wouldn't be practical to have the homes in a region that host arrangements. The place at the edge is picked to give some distance to the land and boats? Theirs is the only homes in Calm Waves.

Since this is a "Showcase" it makes sense to place it in the middle of Bellisseria, not on an outside corner, is my guess. Here they have it all, boats around, houses around, a lighthouse, even a mole ferry.

Besides, it's prime land, I should know. 😄

• Like 1

I’m counting down the days until the lab demolishes this island. Less than $200US is a small price to pay for special treatment, if that’s even the reason they received a custom island. To me it’s an eyesore and goes against everything that is “linden homes” - which is a random equal chance for all premium members. This is neither random nor equal. According to the land description, it doesn’t sound like a temporary arrangement, but we shall see! If I had a home there, it would make me so mad every time I see the island blocking my unobstructed water view.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Lamb said:

I’m counting down the days until the lab demolishes this island. Less than $200US is a small price to pay for special treatment, if that’s even the reason they received a custom island. To me it’s an eyesore and goes against everything that is “linden homes” - which is a random equal chance for all premium members. This is neither random nor equal. According to the land description, it doesn’t sound like a temporary arrangement, but we shall see! If I had a home there, it would make me so mad every time I see the island blocking my unobstructed water view.

We are different, I like to see it. Besides, from land, I need to really up my draw distance to see it. If I wanted unobstucted water, I would have home on the edge of mainland or a private place. I had that in Fruit Island and also on Mainland. No sign of life. Water, water, empty water. Pretend-to-be-real outside sim islands and barriers am I done with. Real people, real boats, real houses.

It was an event, no one knew that Bellisseria was going to be what it is. I think its popularity surprised LL too. If the island is permanent, the tenants is not. If one really want to pay 200 US/for six months, in addition to the yearly Premium for 351 LI, there will be a new chanche to outbid the current tenants.

I am sure they didn't know they had the highest bid, I am happy for them. Good intentions should not be frowned upon.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lamb said:

I get that this private island makes you feel like a second-class citizen.  Here, let me offer another way to look at it.

LL wanted to give a really nice gift "holiday" to these folks.  It's like one of those raffles where companies donate things that get auctioned off.  LL donated a 6-month vacation in a premier estate. They could given them an unspeakably gorgeous, isolated region. With full land privileges.  They did not.

They gave them Belli - the same Belli that we live in every day!  IN FACT, we are part of the gift, both belong to Bellisseria Citizens!

That is how highly LL values the place where we live.  It is their showcase estate, and we are their showcase community.  But yes, it had to be a place with a little bit of privacy, so that it's a pleasant experience, a place where they can entertain friends and hold relaxed meetings if they wish.  Without visual clutter and lag from all our separate visions for our parcels.

Feel proud.

And I would love to have that beautiful island within cam distance.  You betcha I would sail out there, put out the spinnaker, and take pics with sunset light.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

We are different, I like to see it. Besides, from land, I need to really up my draw distance to see it. If I wanted unobstucted water, I would have home on the edge of mainland or a private place. I had that in Fruit Island and also on Mainland. No sign of life. Water, water, empty water. Pretend-to-be-real outside sim islands and barriers am I done with. Real people, real boats, real houses.

It was an event, no one knew that Bellisseria was going to be what it is. I think its popularity surprised LL too. If the island is permanent, the tenants is not. If one really want to pay 200 US/for six months, in addition to the yearly Premium for 351 LI, there will be a new chanche to outbid the current tenants.

I am sure they didn't know they had the highest bid, I am happy for them. Good intentions should not be frowned upon.

I hope this island goes away. The lab does this because they know these particular residents would not embarrass them with questionable content and decor. This “deal” will never be available again to any other SL residents. Don’t kid yourselves. If LL were in the business of providing custom islands for profit, I could outbid $200US any day. For many SL residents, $200US is pennies.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Lamb said:

I hope this island goes away. The lab does this because they know these particular residents would not embarrass them with questionable content and decor. This “deal” will never be available again to any other SL residents. Don’t kid yourselves. If LL were in the business of providing custom islands for profit, I could outbid $200US any day. For many SL residents, $200US is pennies.

Why exactly are you so bothered by a CHARITY auction that does not directly affect you? You admit you do not have a home nearby. This sounds like a case of envy more than anything else.

As the continent grows, many of us will see islands, homes, etc. pop up where there was none in our view before. Should I wish for the demise of the Squishy Pickle because it is now where I used to see nothing but water? How very selfish that would be. 

If the look is offensive to you, lower your draw distance and move along. I hope the island stays and that it is used to raise more money for worthy causes in the future. 

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, Lamb said:

Do you really think a small home with 351 LI is worth hundreds of real dollars, for a half year? This "I could outbid... " sounds sour.

• Like 8

We already know a small home with 351 LI is worth $99 dollars. If there were a fair auction system, I can guarantee you that it would surpass thousands of dollars. It’s okay if you don’t understand why this under the table deal annoys me. I’m sure there are silent forum lurkers that agrees with me. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Lamb said:

We already know a small home with 351 LI is worth $99 dollars.

No, we don't know that, because it's wrong.  $99 is the price of a year's worth of premium, which includes $L300 weekly, the ability to buy Linden mainland, inworld games,, priority access to crowded regions, occasional gifts, increased group allowance, a Linden Home, and ogling Kona Linden around Belli *cough*.  Anyway, look at your premium panel.

If you choose to ONLY take advantage of the LH benefit, that's your privilege.  All kinds of people pay $45/month in RL to use a single cardio machine 4 times a week (I did this for a couple of years), when their gym offers a galaxy of other options.  So, you're not alone.

You have another misconception going, as well.  LL did not auction these properties.  They GAVE the use of them to the American Cancer Society, and SL's branch of that decided to auction them for the highest donations TO THE ACS at an event.  I am quite sure that LL had nothing to do with any decision as to who they went to, and they certainly did not see any money from the charity event.  [Believe me, you give an old pair of socks to the ACS, it is GONE.] 

I'd even be willing to bet that LL is punting on adding this gift to their tax deductions for the year, it being really tough to figure out the value of two LHs for 6 months.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lamb said:

We already know a small home with 351 LI is worth $99 dollars. If there were a fair auction system, I can guarantee you that it would surpass thousands of dollars. It’s okay if you don’t understand why this under the table deal annoys me. I’m sure there are silent forum lurkers that agrees with me. 

You sound bitter that someone that is not you has the special island. You have three whole posts on this account, and all three of them are complaining about this "issue".

Sour grapes, pure and simple. 🙄

• Like 8

My insignificant other (my alt LOL) has a oceanfront house just 2 down from Marianne, I think the new island is beautiful  and am happy to welcome our new neighbors to the Bellisseria community.  Now...back to see what new cool thing Marianne is building for her Winchester (that Crow's Nest view platform is amazing!).  I put Chic's addition on mine (think it is called a Widow's Walk),  for a fabulous ocean view and awesome sunsets.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lamb said:

3 hours ago, Lamb said:

2 hours ago, Lamb said:

Definitely bitter and likely an alt account also because you are too afraid of posting that opinion on your normal account.

As to the view, you have to have your draw distance set to almost 250 m to see it.  Not too many people leave their draw distance set to that on a regular basis.

Oddly enough, checking the land info on those, while they are 1024 sqm parcels, they are showing only a total of 312 LI each.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Newbie poster obviously has axe to grind.

Disregarding that for a moment. @LittleMe Jewell 250m is that true? It would make sense of many design atrocities I've been bewildered by on non Belli mainland. I have my draw distance set at 1024m as default and occasionally drop down.

I think many of us reduce our draw distance because typically there is really no reason to be rendering things that far away.  Especially if you are at ground level and there are lots of things around.  If you can't really see something that is 200m away (because of trees, buildings, etc...), why make your computer render it? 

I typically keep mine around 128m unless I'm exploring in a scenic area and I actually have visibility farther away than that - like if I'm flying or something.  Sometimes I'll also set it really high if I'm cammed up high looking down and want to render everything.

By setting it to 1024m, you are telling the viewer to render everything within 1024m in all directions.  That is 2 full sims worth of stuff in every direction.  That is a hell of a load to put on your computer when you cannot possibly need to see all of that.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 11:47 PM, Malayaa said:

My insignificant other (my alt LOL) has a oceanfront house just 2 down from Marianne, I think the new island is beautiful  and am happy to welcome our new neighbors to the Bellisseria community.  Now...back to see what new cool thing Marianne is building for her Winchester (that Crow's Nest view platform is amazing!).  I put Chic's addition on mine (think it is called a Widow's Walk),  for a fabulous ocean view and awesome sunsets.

Thank you for the kind words. ❤️ I took off the big add-on, in hopes to cut down a few LI. It's time to decorate the inside, and every LI can be put to good use. So it will reappear. I was sidetracked by an alts house.

Crow's Nest sounds awesome, I am adapting this instead of Roof Terrace!

• Like 2

• Moles

Yes, these are two parcels that were auctioned off by Patch during a charity event. They are where they are because we needed a place that was (1) a full region, (2) a region with no other houses on it so it could be excluded from the pool of available homes and rolled back to its original state later if the Lab chose to do so, (3) far enough away from existing homes that it would not unreasonably "spoil" anyone else's view, and (4) a nice treat for two people who gave very generously toward a very worthy cause. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

On 9/23/2019 at 3:23 PM, Lamb said:

WOW !!!!!  I am grateful for relay for life and all the other groups that raise funds for diseases and needs in real life. I pray you will never have cancer or any other disease or disability touch you or loved ones lifes.  I know from real life  for  example   the hope lodge gives families that have surgery  treatment for people from  out of state at one of the cancer hospitols a place to stay to help offset the huge amount of money  surgeries  medications travel chemo costs . SOOOOO if as a small token a beautiful second life island and home given  to one who gave over and above  so be it !!!!!! Grateful for the genorisity of the ones who did . Until you sit in a surgical waiting room or watch the change of shade on your loved ones face as the chemo is being infused into the veins ,,, trying to stay calm  ,

SO   the answer is if you want a home island like that take out your  money donate and you too will be blessed .  

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Lamb said:

I love when SLers make assumptions about others based on nothing. You don’t know me, so let’s just stay focused on the topic.

Also, is something wrong with your keyboard? Did you miss grammar and punctuation lessons in school?

Oh, I'm making a BIG assumption about you right now, and I can promise you it's not a good one. 

Your cowardly alt behavior and your ugliness towards one of kindest people I've ever encountered either in SL or RL tells me my assumption is spot on.

And for those of you who believe I report people all the time, I don't. 

In this case, however, I absolutely did. 

• Like 7

• Administrators

So I see things are starting to veer off into the badlands here and I just wanted to remind everyone to:

giphy.gif

You don't have to like each other or even agree with one another, but we ask that you please refrain from making personal jabs as they are not constructive to the discussions at hand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

On 9/23/2019 at 2:23 PM, Lamb said:

I’m sure there are silent forum lurkers that agrees with me. 

1 hour ago, Lamb said:

Also, is something wrong with your keyboard? Did you miss grammar and punctuation lessons in school?

https://www.learnamericanenglishonline.com/Blue Level/B31_Plural.html

1 hour ago, Lamb said:

You don’t know me.

No, but I'm learning!

If LL wants to reward generosity with generosity, that's fine with me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.