Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Kristin Linden said:

So I see things are starting to veer off into the badlands here and I just wanted to remind everyone to:

giphy.gif

You don't have to like each other or even agree with one another, but we ask that you please refrain from making personal jabs as they are not constructive to the discussions at hand.

I need that hair!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well my keyboard has been having issues and my spell grammar check decided to take a long vacation ,,, i need to get a new computer  I dont know if the spelling statement was  to me but it is ok ,,,,  I look at my mispelling now as rebelling from my years at catholic school  and also losing brain cells from the breath  breath breath  when you cannot breath during natural child birth.  

If you have an issue with what LL has decided  per island and such take it up with them ,,, there is a number you can call and who knows  maybe if you donate   you too will be blessed as i stated before. 

I do feel for you that you are disturbed by the gift that was given ,... and what as we as a group could do to help you .  Maybe if one of the moles could reach out to you and take you on a tour and who knows you may find a spot and perhaps buy  .  Hugss to you,   i believe in your heart  you do not wish any malice to anyone.  It would be a wonderful ideal for linden labs to  do a few more of these  islands homes . AT the hospitol that we travel to they are always doing events and wonderful things ,

Please do not feel upset or angry at the gift ll did for these people .  One does not know if they themselves are dealing with illness.  For all any of us know you dear sweet one may be struggling with sickness  ,, so hugs hugs hugs. 

Also i am dyslic i write backwards mispell ,,, gets bad when stressed...  So Sweet person lamb ,, know that your feelings were acknoledge as  was your view . ANd times people just tyoe , opinion and that is what you did   your opinion. DId it have and emotional respones ,,, yep ,,,  But the problem is not the house or the island ,,, it is how one looks at things and it can become an issue of sadness , torment ,dispare or joy love and blessing ,,,  you chose your emotions. 

Allowing yourself to be upset by that ,,, waste of your precious emotions when it could be used to see the beauty and love ,,,, Life be it sl or rl goes fast ,,, waste it not on the negative  but embrace the love and blessings ,,,, hugs hugs hugs ,,,,,

o btw in case Madelaine decides to torch you up  here is some  cream to sooth the burns ,,,, we are all family here ,  you are loved and hugged and now group hugs and chasing everyone  with hugs  and icecream   

• Like 6

On 9/23/2019 at 12:14 PM, Lamb said:

I’m counting down the days until the lab demolishes this island. Less than $200US is a small price to pay for special treatment, if that’s even the reason they received a custom island. To me it’s an eyesore and goes against everything that is “linden homes” - which is a random equal chance for all premium members. This is neither random nor equal. According to the land description, it doesn’t sound like a temporary arrangement, but we shall see! If I had a home there, it would make me so mad every time I see the island blocking my unobstructed water view.

What a bitter little baby you are. I have lost a sister to pancreatic cancer and a very dear friend right now is battling breast cancer, and i'm thrilled that two people gave so much to cancer research so perhaps in the future, others will be spared the pain of having cancer or losing someone to cancer. I pray you never have to encounter either one, so grow up, put on your big girl panties and get over yourself. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, anniepany said:

I have lost a sister to pancreatic cancer and a very dear friend right now is battling breast cancer, and i'm thrilled that two people gave so much to cancer research so perhaps in the future, others will be spared the pain of having cancer or losing someone to cancer.

BIG HUGS  to you anniepany and sorry for your loss. I know all to well this jourrney ,,, the back and forth out of state to the cancer hospitol  surgeries and chemo . The new treatments that they did not have even two years ago now more hope more miricles.  Very grateful to those who donate and every one ,,,,,, Hugs Hugs Hugs  anniepany ,,,, sending you tons of love ,,,,

• Like 5

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

BIG HUGS  to you anniepany and sorry for your loss. I know all to well this jourrney ,,, the back and forth out of state to the cancer hospitol  surgeries and chemo . The new treatments that they did not have even two years ago now more hope more miricles.  Very grateful to those who donate and every one ,,,,,, Hugs Hugs Hugs  anniepany ,,,, sending you tons of love ,,,,

Thank you roseelvira, it was the most devastating thing I have ever had to witness, but as you said, everyday there are more miracles happening and I pray that one day, all cancer will be cured. It's a killer that needs to be stopped. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, anniepany said:

, it was the most devastating thing I have ever had to witness, but as you said, everyday there are more miracles happening and I pray that one day, all cancer will be cured. It's a killer that needs to be stopped. 

I am so  deely sorry that you and family had this happen and now your friend. I can only say the best thing is to get to a cancer speific hospitol , We started out in the state we live in but the programs are so fragmented and communication is very poor. Went for a second opinion in another state and wow .. on my avi profile in world you can see where we go . The drs teams and options  wow . And as you know all to well when it touches you , your loved ones etc it changes every thing.  You reprioritize everything and things  as simple as  a cup of hot coco and favorite tv show cuddle up under the blanket with  loved one   {   alway under blankets , the constaint  being cold  due  to the chemo}  on the sofa is emotional gold !!!! note as I type this we are watching below deck and having coco and  on sofa with blankets and in pjs  .... 

Second life is a way to help with all the stress of this  and other diseases.  Cancer affects every memeber of the family and friends and if allowed with try to take over every level of ones life .  Those  who have or are doing this journey hugs love ,,,, and the simple things people take for  granted  they are our daily treasure. And laughter ,,, so important  ,,  we are so blessed to be alive and love each other ,,, chose love ,,,, Hugs hugs hugs ,,,, and anniepany thank you for your courage to walk this path again  this time w beloved friend  . THis journey is ,,, you know ,,,, hugs ,,,,,

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

about another Linden Island

is on Shamon region, north of the Zebrasil WA, Jeogeot Gulf

shamon2_001.png.12f3e5b60fd73e1354525660761faefd.png

i always wanted this island which used to be owned by Michael Linden. Still want it I do. I can pay 1024m monthly tiers for it ok.  Instead of a Linden Home. Thanks :😺

You'd be forever shoveling aircraft wreckage off your patio, Molly.

• Haha 4

@anniepany  I thanked your post in solidarity; my dad has stage 4 Prostate Cancer. He was given 5 years to live 6 years ago this year, so every day he's with us is a blessing, but the sad fact is he won't ever be cured and the treatment is often worse than the disease. He's undergone Radiation therapy and Chemo, and still suffers severe side effects, both physically and psychologically that he won't ever be cured from either. Just this week he's been suffering severe nose bleeds that saw him hospitalized twice. His immune system is non-existent. He puts on a brave face but he's struggling with his own mortality having been living under the gun for years. Some days are good; some not so good. One day his fight will end and I am dreading that day more than you know, or you probably actually do. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

I don't say any of this for sympathy; just about everyone I know also knows someone who is or has been effected either directly or indirectly. Cancer, as with any terminal disease is a scourge. As much as I want to blame the governments for red tape and profits over people, there's not much I can do beyond hope and help where I can, and I encourage others to do the same. So if that means people are spending big on virtual land with profits going to a good cause so be it. There should be more of it. I'm not quite sure what the purpose of this post was beyond telling you that for what it's worth you're not alone and I am terribly sorry for your loss. And now I'm getting teary which wasn't the intention.

I guess what I'm trying to say is for everyone that helps we're one step closer to no one dying of Cancer. I know realistically we're still a long way off. And while people can throw shade or hide behind snarky comments or remove themselves with a degree of anonymity as everyone does online the fact is Cancer is killing someone's mother or father or brother or sister or partner or child, or their best friend's 9 year old son... There's nothing remotely entertaining in that.

Again this isn't directed at anyone. I'm really just offloading I think. When you live it day-in, day-out and it's always in the back of your mind and influencing every decision you make and it's always the white elephant in the room you get a little light-sensitive about it. I log into Second Life to get away from "all that" too but it's not actually possible, just a slight distraction or avoidance from the inevitable. If given the choice of course I'd give up every cent I spend in SL to find a cure, but with so many causes out there the cost of living going up and people struggling now more than ever it feels like trying to fill an expanding ocean one drop at a time. If I didn't have this distraction I'm sure I would lose my mind long before I lose my dad.

Anyway that's all. Thanks for listening to anyone who read this mindless rant and big hugs and sincerest support for those who want or need it whether it's Cancer related or not. The world needs more positivity and good people in it; simple.

❤️

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

. When you live it day-in, day-out and it's always in the back of your mind and influencing every decision you make and it's always the white elephant in the room you get a little light-sensitive about it. I log into Second Life to get away from "all that" too but it's not actually possible, just a slight distraction or avoidance

HUGS HUGS HUGS TO YOU  RAELEEH   .My rl husband and i both read this and you are so on point.  The surgeries , the chemo etc ,,, and the diet restrictions you have to do at times ,,, we know one day as  they are comming close to the cures  and i am so  grateful to all the drs nurses and research .  learning  the diagnose of colen cancer my husband   there are many sub stages  and sub types  of the main type ,,,, and not one size treatment fits all . it has mutations , like a family your brother sister may be similar but there are differences that  example you may not be allergic to bee stings but your brother may why so important for the cancer centers to be able to do what they do . and  after his surgeries we said yes to them having the tumors(((  seriously  not abe to  put glitter on them so no way to use them as a decoration   joking people  how we keep our sanity}}} and how the research drs use the tissues to see if certain chemos  treatmeants affects them .  The dna  etc ,,,how the genetic compatibility  and lot of tec stuff  and i can tell you this year they know more than last year ,,, and in most cases its the insurance companies that tie the hands   having someone deny a claim that has no knowledge of the urgency and then the dr has to make the phone call  and gets it through  // you have to do the hoop jumping if your insurance  has the third party  thinggy w insurance  go ahead  grrrr

hubby and i  know the unspoken things and the heartache ,,,and the every three months scans  and blood work and the anxiety of well how did we do this round ,,,, hugs  hugs hugs. Thank you for having the courage to write this ,,,, am crying as i type for you and anniepany ,,,, and all those who have or  are  walking this journey or any journey  with any disease. . 

My hubby is asking  has Madelaine torched anyone up  today ,,,, laughter through the tears ,,,,  hugs hugs hugs and much love to you and all .

Edited by roseelvira
page doing weird things letters changing after saving
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.