Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

When did that pop up, and it isn't on the map? What horrors does this seemingly idyllic island hide?

Am I going mad? First my pooldeck disappears, and then an island rises up in Calm Waves?

mystic island_001.jpg

mystic island_002.jpg

It's takes a while (a day or so) for all new areas to show on the map. I think SLURL website gets refreshed first. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

It looks to me that this island is not random and in fact houses particular SL residents.

I wonder if the new owner is getting it to use for some sort of special project. This of course is not how the new homes are usually handed over to residents, so there is an exception being made here for some reason. 

• Like 2

Sounds like the homes were two limited time prizes offered for generous donations to Relay For Life at Fantasy Faire last spring.  With housing demand in Bellisseria so strong, Patch and the moles were finally able to give the prizes just now.. Bellisseria's newest citizens had no idea what to expect.

Nice surprise Patch and moles!   : )

Edited by fairlyprincess
  • Like 12

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/436002-bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden/?do=findComment&comment=1968089

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Might be some downsides though? If you were a secluded soul that is. You might get more curiousity visits. 

I am glad that I have pictures in the "Show off your Home and Garden" thread of the roof terrace before this island was set up! 😲 I called it a "Widows walk" then, but after I found out that it was too Victorian, I waited until I got a modern railing for it and renamed it a roof terrace.

stalker.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

That is absolutely wonderful! Attached is a pic from our summer road trip to Thousand Islands, Ontario that I posted in another thread about what we would like to see as possible parcels. It would be nice to have these little islands as options for homes. Maybe super premium?

Thousand-Island-IMG_7949.jpg

Edited by TessaPaige Jupiter
mistake
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Victorian Magic said:

Yes I was told 2 people paid $50,000L  each for 6 month tenancy.  Wonderful setting.

I just visited. Both homes are owned, a man and a woman, both avatars rather old, both born in 2006, a couple?

Cheeky as I am I just asked them how and when they obtained their homes. That was BEFORE I read this here.

If they really donated so much for Relay for Life then I wish them all the best for their beautyfull homes.

And if they really only get them for 6 month quite uge rent! ... and who will get them next???

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

I saw it last night and then today but it had the rancher house on it . I tried to see who it belong to but all that shows is either noone or nobody sorry not a lot od sleep last night and just getting coffee ,,,, had his chemo infusions this past  week and hubby had rough night    he better and said tell the sl gang hi  and doing the thumbs up ,,,  

but the little island looks awsome ,,,, also i also saw one with like old almost church  and an other building that was like a  warf building   but its not there now ,,,, however the little island thing is a great ideal to sell land buy linden land ,,,, island plot s like that ,,,, enough room from almost prying eyes but close enough to get to the main ,,,, who knows ,,, maybe that is the next thing after the campers ,,,,, never know winking hoping ,,,,   ,,,, hubby doing better now   able to keep his lunch down ,,,, so ,,, hugs hugs hugs ,

Edited by roseelvira
tired and tired and need coffee
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I just visited. Both homes are owned, a man and a woman, both avatars rather old, both born in 2006, a couple?

I have to say that, without Googling them, I see no reason to suppose that they're a couple.  Both are very active in SL, the woman is very well known in arts/LEA circles, as well as RFL.

$L50,000 is about $189.  That's a really nice-sized donation for a single event, which I think this was.  It's nice that LL is helping too.

Note: if a person wished to donate to an ACS/RFL team in SL (for example the Fantasy Faire), it can also be done via the ACS's website, in which case you won't be paying a Linden conversion fee, and it will be tax deductible.  I hope LL will overlook the offsite link:

https://secure.acsevents.org/site/STR?pg=teamlist&fr_id=93256

I don't believe organizers get your avatar name, though, at least they didn't last time I did that.  Nowadays I donate more to the Alzheimer's association.  We've had both diseases in our family, and dementia has been much more debilitating for the whole family, as well as for the sufferers, than the cancers. YMMV

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.