Why do we need a 'security system'?

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

On the other hand: there would have to be an avatar with much criminal energy who knew about that bug und flew to 55 or even 505m in order to cam and spy on you ... and you must be doing mighty naughty things to be afraid of that image.png.66d2fd13fc86755b0be7d541de01026f.png

I wouldn't put it past "stalker types" to know about the bug.

Some folks don't want pervs viewing them when changing clothes.  Others just don't like the idea of anyone being able to peep at them at all, regardless of what they are doing. 

Mostly, it is just something to be aware of.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Remember that any time you are rude to others that it is their issue, not yours as rudeness is a perception and not a fact. I never apologize for anything someone may feel is rudeness from me and I will never change my ways unless I am shown that I am tangibly-wrong in something. Though the best course of action is to just let "them" have the last word in anything, then the tit-for-tat will fizzle away.

De-Rez and Mute is your friend.  Don't get even, get rid.

Edited by anna2358
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 9:18 AM, anna2358 said:

Why do we need a 'security system'?

Based on your question, I can tell you don't need a security system. How unfortunate for you.

Some others, including me, need this system.
Why is absolutly irrelevant. Anyway, it has nothing to do with "POWER". But I'm sure someday you'll figure it out. I hope you'll keep it for yourself then. ;)

• Sad 1

I can tell you why i need a security system, it will always stop people walking into your house while you are there and just staring and saying nothing, even when i had a house on the mainland always had security.  Its just a preference, you do want it or you don't want it,  I had a griefer once who came in and took all my furniture, and that wasn't very nice , so yes i am for one happy about the security. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, anna2358 said:

De-Rez and Mute is your friend.  Don't get even, get rid.

This is true, though the former does not work on the forums and in either case I consider those the last resort. I am fortunate to have only rarely felt the need to reached that level, myself.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, Alyona Su said:

This is true, though the former does not work on the forums and in either case I consider those the last resort. I am fortunate to have only rarely felt the need to reached that level, myself.

I don't have a big list.  And I regularly clear it anyway.  Everyone needs a second chance now and then - and the ones who need three seem to get bored and wander off...

I do use a security orb (that throws out everyone that is not on whitelist) on my own parcel along with "parcel privacy" option that prevents people from outside to see me inside, on it. Why such setup? This way I don't pollute the view with banlines, plain and simple, and because of the 10 seconds grace period from orb's script vehicles (planes, helicopters) of people that occasionally fly around don't get stuck in mid-air.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, panterapolnocy said:

and because of the 10 seconds grace period from orb's script vehicles (planes, helicopters) of people that occasionally fly around don't get stuck in mid-air.

It's 15 seconds minimum in Belli.  Hot air balloons can take longer to drift over a 32x32 m parcel.  I wish the minimum time was 30 secs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

It's 15 seconds minimum in Belli.  Hot air balloons can take longer to drift over a 32x32 m parcel.  I wish the minimum time was 30 secs.

This is why I stopped Air Ballooning over Belli !!!  It's not enjoyable any longer when you have all these paranoid people setting their orbs to 15 secs. I have mine set to 30 secs and I feel I should bump it up to at least 45 secs to let people fly over freely .... but for now it will stay at 30 secs!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone have any idea when new homes will come? I am completely frustrated. I have a premium account for years and never used my residence I have always found the premium residences very dull, poor and with poor number of prinses, and did not appreciate any of them, now the plan has increased severely and made new residences in the style that finally pleased me and with Reasonable number of Prins, but it's almost two months now I'm trying a new residence but NEVER with you. I am frustrated.

Capturar.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FernandoKnight said:

Does anyone have any idea when new homes will come? I am completely frustrated. I have a premium account for years and never used my residence I have always found the premium residences very dull, poor and with poor number of prinses, and did not appreciate any of them, now the plan has increased severely and made new residences in the style that finally pleased me and with Reasonable number of Prins, but it's almost two months now I'm trying a new residence but NEVER with you. I am frustrated.

See this thread for official updates:

This thread will give you an idea of how frequently people see new homes on their Dashboard page for claiming.  They have been releasing a new region roughly every Mon, Wed, and Friday. Sometimes an extra region or so each week.  Plus folks abandon their homes for various reasons and so people get one that way also.

• Like 4

On 8/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, Rabid Cheetah said:

No one has to see ban lines if they don't want to, there's a setting for that.

Ban lines should be Banned.. for lack of a better term. What purpose do ban lines serve except to make the world less realistic. No one wants to see them and new users have a steep learning curve to turn them off. If I was a brand new player and came upon a parcel with ban lines I would think twice about sticking with this platform. We need fresh blood in SL. Not for the vamps..lol.. but to keep our platform fresh and populate our world even more.

I say get rid of ban lines .. Bellisseria is on to something by banning ban lines. And maybe, just maybe, regions like Belli without ban lines and with perfectly kept grounds and houses is the future of SL play. Maybe Belli will draw more players to go premium and live in a community where players are active and happy to walk down the street to the water and interact with players hanging out on their houseboats. When I walk down the street anywhere in Belli I find 2-3 other avis working on their house and grounds.. This is the SL we all dreamed about in those early days .. I think Linden got it right this time.

Edited by Edwards Perry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Edwards Perry said:

Ban lines should be Banned.. for lack of a better term. What purpose do ban lines serve except to make the world less realistic. No one wants to see them and new users have a steep learning curve to turn them off. If I was a brand new player and came upon a parcel with ban lines I would think twice about sticking with this platform. We need fresh blood in SL. Not for the vamps..lol.. but to keep our platform fresh and populate our world even more.

Security orbs are dishonest and sneaky compared to banlines. Banlines are honest and straightforward. When traveling mainland I never have problems with banlines - just with security orbs - if anything should be discouraged it is the use of those orbs.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

I think there is a place for security of some kind ... I do not want ANY avi standing in my bedroom AFK for 5 minutes

Why on earth would you wait five minutes when you can hit the EJECT button insides of three seconds?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

lol... But I am new and have no idea how to eject other avatars because of the learning curve!

Ahah! If you own the land or in a group role that llows it, you can right-click on an avatar and choose to "freeze" (locks them down; they cannot move) or eject, etc. :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Ahah! If you own the land or in a group role that llows it, you can right-click on an avatar and choose to "freeze" (locks them down; they cannot move) or eject, etc. :)

You know, I've been in SL 7+ years, and didn't know about that!  Thanks!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Security orbs are dishonest and sneaky compared to banlines. Banlines are honest and straightforward. When traveling mainland I never have problems with banlines - just with security orbs - if anything should be discouraged it is the use of those orbs.

then by all means keep YOUR banlines, I for one will never use them, and will keep my security orb active 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.