Untapped Amenities

Hunny Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, MaidenHu said:

If you have been in SL more than 2 days you KNOW you can't rez at a place you don't own, so why are we complaining. There are tons of wearables, and some very cheap. Where is the positive outlook?

Yea, thats the old way to play SL, being extremely restricted and limited. Ebbe talks about wishes to keep Second Life fresh and evolving with the times. Staying with that old idea of limiting you to enjoy your things mostly only in your own land defeats the purpose of having a larger world, and that is something I strongly believe needs to be part of the evolution. Open world platforms aren't this restrictive. Second Life does not needs to be restrictive, and I do believe this issue stops it from being more sucessfull.

3 hours ago, MaidenHu said:

If you have been in SL more than 2 days you KNOW you can't rez at a place you don't own, so why are we complaining. There are tons of wearables, and some very cheap. Where is the positive outlook?

I’m sorry, are you complaining about people complaining?

2C0F1722-5ADE-498D-9406-75C5C8D4A311.jpeg

• Moles

Fascinating though it is to speculate about the sort of things we could do if the technology behind SL actually allowed us to do them,  it's perhaps not wholly useful in a discussion about what people would like to see LDPW and the Moles do right now with the actual tools we do have available to us.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 10

13 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Fascinating though it is to speculate about the sort of things we could do if the technology behind SL actually allowed us to do them,  it's perhaps not wholly useful in a discussion about what people would like to see LDPW and the Moles do right now with the actual tools we do have available to us.

Aww, come on, Quartz, just wave a magic wand and make it happen!

(waiting for @Beth Macbain to turn that into something naughty...)

• Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Aww, come on, Quartz, just wave a magic wand and make it happen!

(waiting for @Beth Macbain to turn that into something naughty...)

I was meditating... sorry for being late!

I already have a magic wand. It was made by Hitachi and it's quite the wonderful gadget for stress relief. HIGHLY recommend it!

What I want from @Quartz Mole, though, doesn't require electricity other than the sort we generate all by ourselves. 

How's that?

Keep the robe and wizard hat handy, though...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

• Moles
27 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Unfortunately I was playing with my magic wand in anticipation and, as you can see, something seems to have gone badly wrong (I'm sure it was blindness they warned us about, not magical transformation, but that must have been a lecture I slept through at wizard school).   

So now I am sitting here patiently waiting for a kiss from someone to restore me.

1964535074_robeandwizardhat.thumb.jpg.c63e7aab6a6fe22fd76f2f82c229d538.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

6 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Unfortunately I was playing with my magic wand in anticipation and, as you can see, something seems to have gone badly wrong (I'm sure it was blindness they warned us about, not magical transformation, but that must have been a lecture I slept through at wizard school).   

So now I am sitting here patiently waiting for a kiss from someone to restore me.

If you think for one hot second that I wouldn't kiss that adorable little wizard-lizard snoot, you are sadly mistaken. Kiss and possibly even nuzzle a bit. 

I probably wouldn't slip any tongue in there, though... at least not until you are fully restored.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Unfortunatelyï»żï»ż I was playing with my magic wand in anticipation aï»żï»żnd, as you can see, something seems to have gone baï»żdï»żly wrï»żonï»żï»żgï»ż

If you aren’t careful while playing with your wand, it will go off! Nice beard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There are so many nice public places to visit throughout Bellisseria, along with resident owned places to check out.  I recommend stopping by the Bellisseria Community Center and grabbing their Traveler's hud.  Cian and I stopped by one of the Art Galleries last night and outside they had these rez mountain bikes. There are 2 waypoint huds you can grab with the bikes to help you travel throughout Bellisseria.  We did the short, warm up bike ride first then ventured off for the long haul, that travels you around Bellisseria continent.  We made it close to half way around before turning in for the night.  Gonna try again and finish that route.  I highly recommend giving this a try. Those mountain bikes are awesome. Thank you to the Art gallery owner who put those out. (Will stop by later to get the name, landmark for the place)

For the Mountain Bike rezzer & Bellisseria Waypoint Hud see below info:

Landmark:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beckridge/198/136/25

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Wearables usually only take a few minutes to do an initial adjustment at home.  After that, you typically only need to do some minor tweaks depending on what the terrain/surroundings are like when you attach it.

There is a Wearables thread:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/440726-wearables-life-in-public-spaces/ and one of the really great posts in it is a post by Chic where she mentions that pretty much any modifiable item can be turned into a wearable by simply adding an appropriate animation and a script that she even gives a sample of -- see this post, down below her pictures:

On 7/25/2019 at 7:10 PM, Seba Serpente said:

I am sure the team is aware there are ways to separate parcel prim allowances. Different owners, different groups, etc. Could even manage prims via scripts instead of parcel/region settings. Tools are there.

Why is it that so many of your comments back to the Moles are made in such a condescending way?  You have such a way with words............ and not necessarily a good way.

21 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

Sure, wearable stuff is an option, I could rez the stuff at my house and edit it all the way there too but the harder things are to do the less likely they are to get done. 

I have purchased quite a few wearables and have only ever had to actually edit one of them. A few others, I've had to adjust my 'Hover height' on, but that is about it.   After the initial check at my house, the items in inventory are all sitting there ready to attach whenever I want to use them, without any additional major editing required.

With the new items that I am turning into a wearable, using the sample script provided by Chic, then yes, I do expect to have to do quite a bit of actual editing to get things positioned correctly, but editing is a requirement of anything we actually create.

For some odd reason, lots of folks around here don't want to accept the things that the Moles tells us.  I'm not sure if it is because some people are just totally sure they know better than anyone else, or if some folks just really like to continually argue, or if some folks truly do feel like they are entitled to whatever they want.  However, even if your ideas could actually happen, you can pretty much bet that nobody is going to stop work on building new homes just so they can go revamp existing areas.   Especially if you remember just how loudly some of you were screaming (yes, screaming) that LL was not creating homes fast enough.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For ï»żï»żsome odd reason, lots of folks around ï»żhere donï»żï»ż't want ï»żto accept the things that the Moles tells ï»żï»żus.  Iï»ż'm not sure if it is because ï»żï»żï»żsome ï»żpeople are ï»żjust totally sure they knowï»żï»ż better ï»żthan anyone else, or if some folks just really like ï»żto continually argueï»żï»żï»żï»ż, or if some ï»żfolks ï»żï»żtruly do ï»żfeel like they are entitled to whatever they want.

It is called too much time on their hands. If everybody would just live their second life as it was intended to be, we would't even be having this constant stream of ...blah.

All I see is people complain about everything, really everything except the fact that hardly anyone even capable of having a conversation. So why we here then?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For some odd reason, lots of folks around here don't want to accept the things that the Moles tells us.  I'm not sure if it is because some people are just totally sure they know better than anyone else, or if some folks just really like to continually argue, or if some folks truly do feel like they are entitled to whatever they want.  

Sometimes, it has a strong whiff of eau de troll. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I understand that a pool with no swim animations is no fun.

There is no need to spend 2-3-500 L on a swim HUD. It is a totally free one om the MP.

Since it is free, why can't Moles put out a vendor like a swimming ball where pool visitors can click and get their copy? Very few know about this free swim HUD.

If this goes against some policy like "Don't use resident made items, that is unfair to all the other residents" it can be solved by altering the script so the swim HUD only works on that parcel?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Since it is free, why can't Moles put out a vendor like a swimming ball where pool visitors can click and get their copy? Very few know about this free swim HUD.

If this goes against some policy like "Don't use resident made items, that is unfair to all the other residents" it can be solved by altering the script so the swim HUD only works on that parcel?

Pose balls and vendors are ugly and people can take the initiative to look on the MP themselves. That free swim HUD, and several ripped versions of it, have been on the MP forever and ten days. 

If there is a policy against using resident made items, wouldn't it be questionable at best to alter a script in an item and then call it your own creation? 

Pools without swim animations aren't ideal, but who really spends time swimming anyway? Most people go to pools in SL and end up either on a raft or a tube, or sitting in a chair. 

I think there are much better ways for the Moles to spend their working hours and energy.

• Like 3

I should think residents can show a little bit of initiative and find their own swim HUDs if they want one. If people are too lazy to search MP for freebies, that's on them. The Moles don't have time to do every little thing for us.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I should think residents can show a little bit of initiative and find their own swim HUDs if they want one. If people are too lazy to search MP for freebies, that's on them. The Moles don't have time to do every little thing for us.

that's the problem though - swim huds only work in linden water - for each other water the HUDs need prims with different properties ...

LDPW could of course do their own and set up a dispenser, but how often do you think it will get used?

24 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

that's the problem though - swim huds only work in linden water - for each other water the HUDs need prims with different properties ...

LDPW could of course do their own and set up a dispenser, but how often do you think it will get used?

Which bring us back to the beginning of the thread. If there were new significant initiatives to make these spaces more usefull and desirable to visit, all these extra features and details would get more use.

11 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

Which bring us back to the beginning of the thread. If there were new significant initiatives to make these spaces more usefull and desirable to visit, all these extra features and details would get more use.

And if the Moles devote their time to building new homes instead of upgrading pools, more people will get homes sooner. I would think that is more important than getting a few more people into a pool, but that's just me. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.