Untapped Amenities

Hunny Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:28 AM, MichaMoz said:

I think that is an excellent point considering we already have 249 Land Impact already invested in the pool furnishings...

d738a3c47ec1461d4ac593a140106a4f.thumb.jpg.d70acef30fc6904c9d7ef055d8aeede7.jpg

which balloons to 459 with the extra crates and barrels.

1cca6b24e697056030c8d1095e254d3e.thumb.jpg.a291eedf02b31c3e55a9866ae45e216b.jpg

While it looks really nice if people don't use the space then it is wasted space.

I didn't have time to reply to this before.

I used to be the one pointing out the high LI impact on the Linden/Mole made content of Bellisseria. I am taking that back.

It has to be visible from a distance, and it has to be higher LI. Private homes can use lower LI items that aren't holding the shape from 100 or 200 m away. It is the homeowners prerogative, to use low LI because they aren't responsible for what people who fly by, can see. The public places don't have that option.

I like to see places like this. It adds to realism. It adds to beauty. It is sad that they aren't used more. I am not sure what could be done with that. I come from a country where it is no tradition for going out to the pub or coffee-shop and sit there 2-3 hours every evening. We stay at home, mostly. I am bringing it over to SL. Maybe we are so many who like to stay at home and change the flowers in our gardens, or find new furniture?

But still, I like that the public pools are there! I would miss them if they were gone.

I liked the option of having beverage served at the pools. To click a soda bottle that is there, and get one, instead of every person coming there pulls out their private soda, ice or beer from the inventory.

At least I feel "Get one on the spot" adds to the immersion. I can't explain why.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I didn't have time to reply to this before.

I used to be the one pointing out the high LI impact on the Linden/Mole made content of Bellisseria. I am taking that back.

It has to be visible from a distance, and it has to be higher LI. Private homes can use lower LI items that aren't holding the shape from 100 or 200 m away. It is the homeowners prerogative, to use low LI because they aren't responsible for what people who fly by, can see. The public places don't have that option.

I like to see places like this. It adds to realism. It adds to beauty. It is sad that they aren't used more. I am not sure what could be done with that. I come from a country where it is no tradition for going out to the pub or coffee-shop and sit there 2-3 hours every evening. We stay at home, mostly. I am bringing it over to SL. Maybe we are so many who like to stay at home and change the flowers in our gardens, or find new furniture?

But still, I like that the public pools are there! I would miss them if they were gone.

I liked the option of having beverage served at the pools. To click a soda bottle that is there, and get one, instead of every person coming there pulls out their private soda, ice or beer from the inventory.

At least I feel "Get one on the spot" adds to the immersion. I can't explain why.

Good LOD's does not necesarilly means high land impact. There are ways to make objects with proper LOD and still be low on prim counts... What i have noticed on these linden objects is that the lower LODs still have pretty large poly counts, not much time is spent cutting down details. It can be a tedious process, i dont fully blame them, but i do have to disagree every time they put the LOD's as excuse, since they can do better on that.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Obviously, they have reasons why they do it the way that they do. They just don't feel it necessary to check with us experts to make sure we approve of their building techniques. :)

Why you feel you have to contradict everything i say?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.