Untapped Amenities

Hunny Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

We can always look at improving the amenities at the community areas and gathering spots. It's one of the reasons those pools were made to take advantage of Linden water, so wearables and swim AOs could work.  At the moment though... building more homes has to take top priority. 

I just wanna be able to play a game of "Mole-O Polo" properly!

🤣

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Tealeanna Mistwood said:

Would it at all be possible to make some of these public spaces their own parcels? That way you can control the amount of prims that are allowed to enter and not affect the houses on sim? Not sure if it was brought up, just curious.

I think that is an excellent point considering we already have 249 Land Impact already invested in the pool furnishings...

d738a3c47ec1461d4ac593a140106a4f.thumb.jpg.d70acef30fc6904c9d7ef055d8aeede7.jpg

which balloons to 459 with the extra crates and barrels.

1cca6b24e697056030c8d1095e254d3e.thumb.jpg.a291eedf02b31c3e55a9866ae45e216b.jpg

While it looks really nice if people don't use the space then it is wasted space.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

i havent been able to find these public spots, therefore i havent been able to enjoy them. ive been busy decorating my house. when i take my horse out, i tend to get lost and go in circles. i have no sense of direction and need a gps to go everywhere. it wouldnt be any fun to go hang out if no one else is using them though. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

i havent been able to find these public spots, therefore i havent been able to enjoy them. ive been busy decorating my house. when i take my horse out, i tend to get lost and go in circles. i have no sense of direction and need a gps to go everywhere. it wouldnt be any fun to go hang out if no one else is using them though. 

There are couple websites of various Bellisseria community groups that have pretty usefull lists with SLURLs to pretty much all the points of interest. You can also join the groups, they usually send out notecards with landmarks to these places.

• Like 2

One thing I know, if some people see a way of abusing and breaking things due to the simple fact they can, they most certainly will. That is a guarantee in SL. I've seen it over and over, and region owners have to adjust, making things more prohibitive. It's just a fact of SL, sadly, and I totally get why things are set up how they are. To be any other way, within a week someone would figgure out they could irritate someone. That doesn't even count the ones who would rez sex on the beach or a big cube covering the pool, or whatever you can think up.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@MichaMoz  I believe that is the public pool just down the street, on the beach, from the Bellis Blues Cafe.  I have seen other public pools in use, but that particular one is very difficult to get to.  There is no paths to it and its surrounded by rocks. I had to actually fly up to get in there. That one could use a bit of revamping at a later date when the continent is completed.  Not a priority.  I do like the idea of a sloped floor, since it does come over the heads of most shorter avatars.  

I also own a nice pool with animations and those are ideal for your own property, if you only want to use animations in a float pool. But if you love the effects of using a swim AO in SL water, the public pools are idea for this. So I like them.  We went to the pool a week ago with DJ Doc and BJoyful.  Used some wearable beach chairs and it worked out nicely.  You can purchase such items off marketplace or if you have a little talent with editing items, create your own wearables.

Yes, it would be lovely if we could rez our own towels, beach chairs and LL could cut out those public pool parcels and set a lower, allowed rez prim amount to them, i.e. 25 LI for a 2 minute rez time. (Then you might have issue though with flying objects that try to cross over a public pool area) You'd have to sit on the item so it doesn't return to your inventory immediately.

It'd be a nice perk, but I think there are enough alternative solutions to be able to enjoy the public areas set aside for residents and visitors alike, as they are.

• Like 7

Belli's public pools are not unique in their emptiness.  People put pools on their properties that they don't use much either.  Happens in RL too!

Long ago and far away, I had a little free apartment in the sky.  it had nearly zero prims.  But ... I had an alt.  I made an "invisible" skin for my alt and put her onto a crumple pose ball.  Attached to her were all the pieces of a nice little garden.  No chairs, but all the decor.  I actually had invisible prims with anims in them that were out all the time, and fit on top of objects in the garden that needed sits.

Take your alt to the public pool and you can have your own beach brolly, plants, and slave waving big fans to cool you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

@MichaMoz  I believe that is the public pool just down the street, on the beach, from the Bellis Blues Cafe.  I have seen other public pools in use, but that particular one is very difficult to get to.  There is no paths to it and its surrounded by rocks. I had to actually fly up to get in there. That one could use a bit of revamping at a later date when the continent is completed.  Not a priority.  I do like the idea of a sloped floor, since it does come over the heads of most shorter avatars.  

I also own a nice pool with animations and those are ideal for your own property, if you only want to use animations in a float pool. But if you love the effects of using a swim AO in SL water, the public pools are idea for this. So I like them.  We went to the pool a week ago with DJ Doc and BJoyful.  Used some wearable beach chairs and it worked out nicely.  You can purchase such items off marketplace or if you have a little talent with editing items, create your own wearables.

Yes, it would be lovely if we could rez our own towels, beach chairs and LL could cut out those public pool parcels and set a lower, allowed rez prim amount to them, i.e. 25 LI for a 2 minute rez time. (Then you might have issue though with flying objects that try to cross over a public pool area) You'd have to sit on the item so it doesn't return to your inventory immediately.

It'd be a nice perk, but I think there are enough alternative solutions to be able to enjoy the public areas set aside for residents and visitors alike, as they are.

If Linden homes are truly starter homes then you have to take into consideration that people with less skill would have to buy, modify or create these things to use the pool or use what's there. I don't think the solution is making things more difficult than it needs to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

in the case of my friend he found it difficult to swim in waist high water.

not saying your friend should... but he could make the choice to be not such huge niramyth avatar , we would need pools for tinies, furries, butterflies and even snowflakes here and there...and water allergic people... think there's a limit in what all what is possible also should be delivered in the public space.
A general presence in Bellisseria for community use, great and very welcome, but there's also your own home where you can put down what you want and at he desired size.(+animation)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not saying your friend should... but he could make the choice to be not such huge niramyth avatar , we would need pools for tinies, furries, butterflies and even snowflakes here and there...and water allergic people... think there's a limit in what all what is possible also should be delivered in the public space.
A general presence in Bellisseria for community use, great and very welcome, but there's also your own home where you can put down what you want and at he desired size.(+animation)

Simply sloping the floor would have made it so that avatars of all sizes could have used the pool too. If we all put stuff at our own home doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a community space in the first place?

Edited by MichaMoz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

Simply sloping the floor would have made it so that avatars of all sizes could have used the pool too.

wear a floating device... works too

I really don't understand why this kind of trouble is made again, the moles are working their butt off in creating more homes and regions, but no now we first want a sloped poolfloor... come on.
Let them work, make suggestions, but wait till it's finished to make adjustments ?.. or ask for regions like the old homes, no community stuff so also no problems with sizes.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Moles

Cutting a parcel and deeding it to a different owner so it doesn't share LI with the main parcel means the LI that cut parcel supports is removed from being able to support houses on the main parcel. That is why rez zones for vehicles are being tested in new regions where we can compensate for that in our decorating budget if there are homes there as well. You are likely not going to see rezzing zones being made in older regions, especially if the LI reserve there is already quite limited. To put it in simple terms, if you have 250LI cushion on the main parcel and you cut a parcel that supports 250LI and deed it to the LDPW for use as a vehicle rez zone, you essentially have lost your entire LI cushion. 

As has been mentioned, there are wearables people often use. Allowing residents to rez their own items in those places is asking for trouble, both from a technical standpoint and an aesthetic, maturity rating or abuse related one (depending on the resident). 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

wear a floating device... works too

I really don't understand why this kind of trouble is made again, the moles are working their butt off in creating more homes and regions, but no now we first want a sloped poolfloor... come on.

I'm only asking if it is possible and offering solutions. If we do not ask we do not receive anything.

2 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

It is plausible, just needs planning, the same way rez zones are now being planned to not affect that famous cushion.

That is why I am trying to shed some light on the subject. While it may be too late from some regions does that mean it can't happen at all?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.