Untapped Amenities

Hunny Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:04 AM, Clarrellae said:

What a beautiful pool though :)  it is a phenomenal place for logging in and hanging out if you happen to still be waiting for a home.  Wanna-be Bellisserians might take more advantage of spaces like these in order to feel more a part of the community perhaps.  People who already have private spaces maybe don't need to use these public spaces as often... but those who are waiting for their chance to own a home, what a fabulous opportunity to hang out in Bellisseria at a pool like that!  Furnished and sunny and beautiful. 

That works for me, and a swim anim HUD works in Linden water anywhere.  😉

1836677440_MillersPond_013.png.583a81ed5f160ea91aba720593ec63a7.png

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

Which bring us back to the beginning of the thread. If there were new significant initiatives to make these spaces more usefull and desirable to visit, all these extra features and details would get more use.

Says you. 

I disagree. I think they'd sit there mostly unused outside of the random few extroverts scattered around. The public areas, other than the Pickle maybe, are mostly there for cohesion in my opinion. They need the areas to flow and while they could just have areas of grass and trees, they decided to throw in a little something extra knowing full well they wouldn't be used often no matter what. It's a design feature, not a utilization feature. I think. I could be wrong. 

If @Abnor Molesays I am, I'll accept it as he knows far more than I do. Funny how that works.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Seba Serpente said:

Yea, thats the old way to play SL, being extremely restricted and limited. Ebbe talks about wishes to keep Second Life fresh and evolving with the times. Staying with that old idea of limiting you to enjoy your things mostly only in your own land defeats the purpose of having a larger world, and that is something I strongly believe needs to be part of the evolution. Open world platforms aren't this restrictive. Second Life does not needs to be restrictive, and I do believe this issue stops it from being more sucessfull.

You have to dress your  avatar anyways, one one item is not  stressful.  Really it's jost  cop out, to put the responsibility on someone else when there is already an easy fix.

• Like 2

I haven't been to the pool yet but are there food and drink dispensers there?  I think food items are socially fun and I love buying food/drink items with the feature to hand out things.  I've been so busy decorating that I haven't looked around and seen if there are rezzers for boats, bikes etc.  Things that make public places more interactive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

that's the problem though - swim huds only work in linden water - for each other water the HUDs need prims with different properties ...

LDPW could of course do their own and set up a dispenser, but how often do you think it will get used?

The newer pools do all use Linden water.  It is just the ones created within the initial release that don't.  So, until the Moles have spare time -- i.e. a long, long time from now -- we'll have to make due with using wearables or going to one of the newer pools.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Pose balls and vendors are ugly and people can take the initiative to look on the MP themselves. That free swim HUD, and several ripped versions of it, have been on the MP forever and ten days. 

If there is a policy against using resident made items, wouldn't it be questionable at best to alter a script in an item and then call it your own creation? 

Pools without swim animations aren't ideal, but who really spends time swimming anyway? Most people go to pools in SL and end up either on a raft or a tube, or sitting in a chair. 

I think there are much better ways for the Moles to spend their working hours and energy.

I don't know how you can rip a free thing that's intended to be shared. I am not so familiar with the term "ripping", but I was thinking it is something else than this. The swim HUD creator want it shared and passed around. Is is disgraceful to take a freebie and sell it.

A vendor looks just how it is made. It can look like a 2007 version, or something tasteful. Poseballs is absolutely 2007. I don't know why anything today need to be like ten years+ back in time?

I don't know if LL has a policy or not. I was just thinking. So I skip that discussion.

To put a HUD in a (cute?) vendor and set it so people can buy it for 0L and place it next to the pools, will of course take time. But it is something that could be done in a reasonable time. Instead of suggesting LL should allow rez, or rebuild pools. The former is shut down and will not happen, the latter is much more work than placing an object next to the pool.

People will swim or not... they will find something else to suggest should be done, even if a swim HUD is freely distributed. Then it is the parasol colors that should be different? People always want more. It is the nature of it all.

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I should think residents can show a little bit of initiative and find their own swim HUDs if they want one. If people are too lazy to search MP for freebies, that's on them. The Moles don't have time to do every little thing for us.

Many residents do not show initiative. There are more helpless people in SL than any other place. Or maybe it is just me being old and grumpy, complaining about the kids these days. ;)

New residents... have so much to learn. Including how to find good freebies.

Sometimes moles do things, sometimes not. That never stopped us from making suggestions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

even if a swim HUD is freely distributed

Note that even the old ZHAO-II huds could detect when you are in the water and switch to your swim anims.  I used to put a dive in as a crouch.  Someone should try that, maybe we can just pass out a free 'swim' hud amongst ourselves, with the help of full perm anims.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

And if the Moles devote their time to building new homes instead of upgrading pools, more people will get homes sooner. I would think that is more important than getting a few more people into a pool, but that's just me. 

And if a certain someone here had devoted more time to finding a freebie swimming HUD himself, then he could have saved himself the time bringing it up here. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
Will I ever make a post without typos?!
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And if a certain someone here had devoted more time to finding a freebie swimming HUD himself, then he could have saved himself the time bringing it up here. :) 

How many times do I need to tell you people to stop being so logical.

:SwingingFriends:

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You may ask yourself, how do I work this?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Swim-HUD-Full-Perm/17105200

(I haven't tried this particular one)

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground...

The original one, I think, before everybody and their mother ripped it and sold it for profit.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't know how you can rip a free thing that's intended to be shared. I am not so familiar with the term "ripping", but I was thinking it is something else than this. The swim HUD creator want it shared and passed around. Is is disgraceful to take a freebie and sell it.

A vendor looks just how it is made. It can look like a 2007 version, or something tasteful. Poseballs is absolutely 2007. I don't know why anything today need to be like ten years+ back in time?

I don't know if LL has a policy or not. I was just thinking. So I skip that discussion.

To put a HUD in a (cute?) vendor and set it so people can buy it for 0L and place it next to the pools, will of course take time. But it is something that could be done in a reasonable time. Instead of suggesting LL should allow rez, or rebuild pools. The former is shut down and will not happen, the latter is much more work than placing an object next to the pool.

People will swim or not... they will find something else to suggest should be done, even if a swim HUD is freely distributed. Then it is the parasol colors that should be different? People always want more. It is the nature of it all.

Many residents do not show initiative. There are more helpless people in SL than any other place. Or maybe it is just me being old and grumpy, complaining about the kids these days. ;)

New residents... have so much to learn. Including how to find good freebies.

Sometimes moles do things, sometimes not. That never stopped us from making suggestions.

Siggy Romulus created the swim hud a looooong time ago and it got ripped and distributed, so he made that one a freebie. He's up to v2.06 now and it works on any water at all.

I just checked, and his island seems to be gone. I'm not going to take time to find him this morning, but I might later.

FOUND! :)  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/32712

Edited by Eliza Wrigglesworth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/26/2019 at 3:48 AM, MichaMoz said:

I find the animations in the stuff provided a little lacking which might be fine for you but I would simply prefer to bring my own. That is one of reasons I started this thread and one of the reasons I don't use the pool.

Aren't there WEARABLE towls to sunbathe on?

I know of (and own) wearable boats and wearable bikes and wearable chairs ... I guess there must be towels to!

Just look HERE! @Chic Aeon even posted a script there that lets you make your own towl a wearable.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 3:55 AM, MichaMoz said:

While swim AOs might work when you're two feet tall, in the case of my friend he found it difficult to swim in waist high water.

Well in public places you can provide neither for giants nor for dwarfs just for average people.

I guess a Tiny would also have problems with the provided animations ... and would neither wonder nor complain! ;)

On 7/26/2019 at 4:28 AM, MichaMoz said:

I think that is an excellent point considering we already have 249 Land Impact already invested in the pool furnishings...

d738a3c47ec1461d4ac593a140106a4f.thumb.jpg.d70acef30fc6904c9d7ef055d8aeede7.jpg

which balloons to 459 with the extra crates and barrels.

1cca6b24e697056030c8d1095e254d3e.thumb.jpg.a291eedf02b31c3e55a9866ae45e216b.jpg

While it looks really nice if people don't use the space then it is wasted space.

It is NOT!! It adds to the feeling of reality and the beauty of the whole region - and neighbouring regions - These things make the big difference to the OLD Linden homes with no landscape around them to speak of. If people do not use them for reasons whatsoever then it is THEIR problem. They could bring wearables of all sorts if the animations are not to their liking.

People who prefer pools in their own gardens just prefer privacy. Not everyone feels sociable all the time.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

It is NOT!! It adds to the feeling of reality and the beauty of the whole region - and neighbouring regions - These things make the big difference to the OLD Linden homes with no landscape around them to speak of. If people do not use them for reasons whatsoever then it is THEIR problem. They could bring wearables of all sorts if the animations are not to their liking.

This ^^^ 

Whether the areas are used or not, them being there is part of the feel that makes Bellisseria what it is -- a beautiful uniquely created place to live.

• Like 13

On 7/26/2019 at 2:07 AM, MichaMoz said:

The Lindens and Moles went the extra mile to build beautiful public spaces all around Bellisseria and I believe they are being underutilized. Our pools are a just one example of this. Why is these pool area always empty and why are so many homeowners using their own prims to build in their own backyard a pool that doesn't even have swimmable water in it? 

Snapshot_070_edited.thumb.jpg.13924d4e2e2f997751d9120a28a0272a.jpg

Where can I find this cute little spot? 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.