Wearables: Life in Public Spaces

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like most SL veterans, I've been hanging out in places where I can rez whatever I want.   But in the "Amenities" thread, people are suggesting using wearables to bring favorite anims etc. to enhance our experiences in the lovely public spaces the Moles are making for us. 

Last few days, I've been combing my inventory looking for some wearable chairs that my partner and I bought like 4 years ago, can't find them.  Just didn't have a need until Belli!  

So, help us out!  Post your favorite wearables that help you cope with living where you cannot rez.

Not your shoulder pet or new clothes from Blueberry, please!  Things like, oh, the bento Water Horses.  Furniture. Vista's couple HUD.

Surprise us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I, too, have been digging through my invy for wearables I know I have. I've found a number of scooters, bicycles, rowboats and a lawn chair, but all were gachas and not something always available. I've seen tents, sleeping bags, and so forth in use around Belli. 

Would like to see more chairs, preferably ones with eat/drink animations, in the style of What Next. A wearable BBQ grill with animations would be nice as well. And of course, anything one can use in water. I got this tube that has a holding anim, and you can change it to float once in the water. I've gotten a lot of use out of it. (There is a female version in related items.)

This creator has other wearable items I'm about to check out too. Hopefully it's okay to link it here... 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/70-OFF-Mens-Wearable-floatie-Exclusive-Invention/11552676

• Like 4

There are many wearable boats available, useful for when out and about and not wanting to find a rez zone.

This is my What Next rowing boat usually (not usually this leaky, not sure what I did there!)

To the right you can see a member of the Bellisseria homeless group using a wearable sleeping bag. I didn't like to wake him to ask him where he got it from.

Old Linden_009.png

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
Lost a bracket.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I've not seen this in person, but here is a wearable grill: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Wearable-Grill-Set-Burgers-Dogs-25-OFF/9474623. There's a version with steaks and kabobs, too.

I know I have some wearable stuff in my inventory, which I can't access at the moment. Stuff like tents, bikes, boats, even living rooms. lol  I'll try to remember to check later!

ETA: Lots of fun wearables here:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/14782

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Going through my "wearable Props" folder, these are some that I found that would work in Bellisseria public areas. 

1940136304_logandboat.thumb.jpg.950db519a37c148138467fa356306303.jpg

From Winter Pose Props gacha set :   [Cb] Log (ADD) Adjust with hover height  (possibly available in the Marketplace gachas) chic buildings main store pose prop room

floatie.thumb.jpg.b95cfe4de216727ba1b2363377ee532c.jpg

Caboodle - Pool Floaty - Ruffled - Holo (wear)    Free at Uber Birthday celebration

1811454296_tummystore.thumb.jpg.cc5793c32e9998585e2dea2c800ba6b1.jpg

Meva Belly Store (gives items to people that click) gacha aftermarket or maybe main store

You can make your own wearable furniture on mod items by adding a "matching" animation to the contents of the item along with a "call pose" script.  Here is an ancient one that still works just fine. 

//Emmas Seetan

string animationToBePlayed = "legsbent_chic";
integer flag;

{
    on_rez(integer start_param)
    {
        llResetScript();
    }

attach(key id)
    {
    //  when being detached
        if(id == NULL_KEY)
        {
            integer currentPerms = llGetPermissions();

if (currentPerms & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
                llStopAnimation(animationToBePlayed);
        }
    }

changed(integer change)
    {
        if (change & (CHANGED_OWNER | CHANGED_INVENTORY))
        {
        //  stop animation for old owner
            integer currentPerms = llGetPermissions();

if (currentPerms & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
                llStopAnimation(animationToBePlayed);

//  reset script to get new owner
            llResetScript();
        }
    }

state_entry()
    {
        key owner = llGetOwner();
        llRequestPermissions(owner, PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
    }

run_time_permissions(integer perm)
    {
        if(perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
        {
            llStartAnimation(animationToBePlayed);

llSetTimerEvent(15.0);
        }
    }

timer()
    {
        if(flag & 1)
            llStartAnimation(animationToBePlayed);

flag = (flag + 1) % 4;
    }
}

• Like 2
  • Thanks 13

Aley Mart has a wearable Hobo bicycle that can be modified. Free on Marketplace or at the Museum in Mieville.

There are also two off-the-rack avatars that come with horses. (You can adapt the clothing of the human part if you don't want to look as if you just came out of the 'new avatar' chute. 

Fantasyavatars.jpg

Rhiannon.jpg

poorman'shorse.jpg

Edited by RuffertasAlt
Wanted to add info.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here's a list of items Cian and I have been using.  I have more, but I'll have to search in my inventory.  These have been great fun to use at Bellisseria. We also use WH horses, various wearable bicycles as well. All of the What Next items below are gacha and most I found on MP for cheap. 😉

{what next} Wearable Airplane - (gacha item)

What_Next_-_Wearable_Airplane.jpg.8f17f13802b9af1b24c89ea76272880f.jpg

{what next} Wearable Row Boat - (gacha item)

what_next_row_boat_2.jpg.e3b036fb927ce503367ee8e1589ce3fd.jpg

{what next} Helicopter - (gacha item)

Schermafbeelding_2015-06-25_om_19_10_06.jpg.c46e466ac25568a458bf007e2bf172c2.jpg

{what next} On The Move Gacha

What_Next_2.jpg.6c193559ea2d6dea84691d8aff2a5d16.jpg

{what next} The Anywhere Lawn Chair (for girls & guys) - (gacha item)

LawnChair.jpg.143411820404cc010be2e75305a8efd8.jpg

(I do not own these images or the copyright to them)

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

A few of my wearables for around Bellisseria:

When you find the perfect beach and want to sunbathe, you need a wearable sunbathing towel:

Sunbathing

When you are exploring and you just gotta go:

When you gotta go

When you find a pretty park and want to sit and read with some furry friends:

Park Reading

When you just need to meditate a bit:

Meditation

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Using wearable float tube I can enjoy the rocky beach in front of my house.
The mesh rocks created by Ancient Mole are really nice. The physics shapes follow quite well the visual shape so it's possible to walk on them without floating a meter or two in the air above them.

2019-07-27_wearable-floatie.thumb.jpg.86f9110b2f79b56b8c337e1e4f36b360.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Though I'd expect you'd be more likely to chase a beer wagon..

Well you need Taco's before you can have beer!! Plus as my doormat tell's ya ...

stud_002.png.73df24a8454bf57d441402b0e3736d9c.png

Haha!!!

Edited by Dick Spad
Cuz I saw I couldn't spell yesterday ... haha
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 7/26/2019 at 8:59 AM, Hendrix Portal said:

While on the subject, if creators could name their products as "wearable" so I could find them in invy, that'd be great 😄

Try searching for "wear" and "add" instead.

I have my wearables sequestered in a folder called "Objects you wear" and my vehicles are split into "wear" and "rez" folders.

I have a wonderful wearable scooter and unicycle from Kurenai Motorcycle.  Unfortunately I think they're out of business.  Resizable.  The scooter can fold up and go on your shoulder, and it converts to a hover scooter for crossing water.

Edited by LibGwen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, Coby Foden said:

Using wearable float tube I can enjoy the rocky beach in front of my house.
The mesh rocks created by Ancient Mole are really nice. The physics shapes follow quite well the visual shape so it's possible to walk on them without floating a meter or two in the air above them.

2019-07-27_wearable-floatie.thumb.jpg.86f9110b2f79b56b8c337e1e4f36b360.jpg

Dat spot!! It's so cozy. ❤️

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.