You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These were all plain shots anyone could have taken. No trickery or even changing Windlight settings. My point is this sim looks, outstanding others, good from any angle. To achieve this the creator, while filling only 1 region for activity, used the surrounding sims for the big sklyine you see on these photos.

HL_061.png

However I find these photos don' t really do the build as a whole any fair justice. One must simply see it for oneself.

*strikethrough : Well, I did use Windlight on some photos, but with most I didn' t.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TDD123 said:

I' ve been taking pictures only .. not time much to actually explore or try things.

I do notice signs of abandoment, the rental being one of them.

I think though there is still activity on the sim.

All is still operational. The sense of abandonement is intended in the design of the sim. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TDD123 said:

I was perplexed by this. A (final) message of it' s creator ?

HL_057.thumb.png.07eea82b7483b5b513e7ed2a44468bed.png

( Quote by Anne Frank )

That's been there for a while. I've seen this a year ago. I thought it was cool to have a bright and colorful club because it contrasts with most of the city. Although inside the club does look different now..

7 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

So what is the new business plan?

Whilst their plan A, to ask for the continuing preferential treatment with regard to rentals on a not for profit sim is not that unreasonable, I agree there needs to be more of a plan B than just chuck money at us to help with tier costs. At best that can only be a short term fix.

The month deadline seems perilously close now, because I do think losing these sims would be a crying shame and waste. I am not seriously suggesting this but if Linden Lab took it over, attached it to the waterways connected to Bellisseria maybe near Pyri fair or to Horizons and offered rentals there to Premium members they would be snapped up in seconds. My point is that promoted right the sim could become a thriving and lively community. 

1 hour ago, Aethelwine said:

Whilst their plan A, to ask for the continuing preferential treatment with regard to rentals on a not for profit sim is not that unreasonable, I agree there needs to be more of a plan B than just chuck money at us to help with tier costs. At best that can only be a short term fix.

The month deadline seems perilously close now, because I do think losing these sims would be a crying shame and waste. I am not seriously suggesting this but if Linden Lab took it over, attached it to the waterways connected to Bellisseria maybe near Pyri fair or to Horizons and offered rentals there to Premium members they would be snapped up in seconds. My point is that promoted right the sim could become a thriving and lively community. 

Various possibilities are being discussed with the people who are committed, involved and cause in the matter. Thank you for your appreciation.

Edited by Lawrence Celestalis

4 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I doubt they would do that though, the Galaxy was a rental business designed as a 3 sim long cruise ship - while it got preseved it does not do rentals anymore.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:36 AM, TDD123 said:

I was perplexed by this. A (final) message of it' s creator ?

HL_057.thumb.png.07eea82b7483b5b513e7ed2a44468bed.png

( Quote by Anne Frank )

That's there since a while and has nothing to do with the possible ending of the city, TD. I think it's more Djehan's philosophy: despite the endless drama queens (butt hurt by her talent and technical prowess) who came to harass her, she remains kind and polite to everyone who visits. And of course you can read it on a more general level as "despite all the trouble in the world, I still believe human nature is fundamentally good".

Edited by Lawrence Celestalis
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

how dare you using this in a discussion about such total unimportant little issue

?!?

I daresay this quote needed explination to somebody.  Are you suggesting you can dictate what I daresay in here ? And what is unimportant about faith in others ? That is what this whole thread is about.

You could not be any more mistaken.

36 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

how dare you using this in a discussion about such total unimportant little issue

It's not TDD123's fault the quote was used in the region, and it's a familiar enough quote that personally I don't see a big problem with its use there. But of course it's not up to me and YMMV. I'd think that in a setting like this, the use may be ironic -- that's certainly how I took it -- but, y'know: art is subjective.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Being Dutch myself, I have no problem with someone using Anne's words at all. In fact, should I ever say something as beautiful like that, which can still inspire hope in ppl, and a trust in mankind under such dire conditions, 70+ years after my death, I already, hereby, give you permission to use it. :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Being Dutch myself, I have no problem with someone using Anne's words at all. In fact, should I ever say something as beautiful like that, which can still inspire hope in ppl, and a trust in mankind under such dire conditions, 70+ years after my death, I already, hereby, give you permission to use it. :)

Completely well said Kira!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.