You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hangars was an art-home for me. All the poetic and creative types gravitated there. Djehan was always making cool things, experimenting with design, and basically built this cyberpunk poet's utopia that anyone with an artistic heart could flock to. That was the base of Hangars, the beatnik art home of those who dreamt of future possibilities. She is honestly one of the coolest people I've ever met, and it hurts to see this happen to the sim.

We know things can't last forever on the grid. One day, all of this will be dust. Thankfully, I know Dje has VR, and I can convince her to think about building Hangars elsewhere. Even if it's an Oculus experience to sell in a sideload store (which would support her!), the spirit of the place could live on.

There are many things possible now that virtual reality is growing in consumption. I don't see this as the end for Hangars. In tarot, the Death card is not always a card of endings. Sometimes it's just one of transition and change into the next iteration.

Edited by Aemeth Lysette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aemeth Lysette said:

Thankfully, I know Dje has VR, and I can convince her to think about building Hangars elsewhere. Even if it's an Oculus experience to sell in a sideload store (which would support her!), the spirit of the place could live on.

The-Fool-Tarot.jpg

Many will say I don' t have a full deck or am like the tarot' card 0, but owning a Rift CV1 myself, I' d buy that immediately.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aemeth Lysette said:

Hangars was an art-home for me. All the poetic and creative types gravitated there. Djehan was always making cool things, experimenting with design, and basically built this cyberpunk poet's utopia that anyone with an artistic heart could flock to. That was the base of Hangars, the beatnik art home of those who dreamt of future possibilities. She is honestly one of the coolest people I've ever met, and it hurts to see this happen to the sim.

We know things can't last forever on the grid. One day, all of this will be dust. Thankfully, I know Dje has VR, and I can convince her to think about building Hangars elsewhere. Even if it's an Oculus experience to sell in a sideload store (which would support her!), the spirit of the place could live on.

There are many things possible now that virtual reality is growing in consumption. I don't see this as the end for Hangars. In tarot, the Death card is not always a card of endings. Sometimes it's just one of transition and change into the next iteration.

Thank you dear Cake!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Fantastic build. Too bad I won't get to go tour it. I'm getting a touch claustro just looking at the images. :(

It really is a nice build, yes. And it really is rather tightly packed, one of the few places where - even though I use a tight camera angle - I have to go into mouselook to navigate.

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

It really is a nice build, yes. And it really is rather tightly packed, one of the few places where - even though I use a tight camera angle - I have to go into mouselook to navigate.

That's even worse. I can't use mouselook. 

And if anyone ever tells you, you can't joust without using mouselook, tell them you have living proof it can be done, then send them to me.

31 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Fantastic build. Too bad I won't get to go tour it. I'm getting a touch claustro just looking at the images. :(

Maybe that' s because I tried to get as much into the picture as possible. Also, the atmosphere of the sim is supposed to give you that feeling / ambience.

The sim in itself is easy to roam in, either with our without mouselook. Just try it.

Edited by TDD123

I'm so very sad that HL may have to close.  Sci-fi in many forms has always been something special to me.  I love visiting both Hangars & Insilico.  I'm joint owner of a Sci-fi/Fantasy store and would happily rent space for our Sci-fi stuff to help if that was of any help, but I am unsure if that can be done with the discussion around non-profit and land fees?  I would also happily rent a little home there!  Hopefully we can all pull together and help somehow.  😞

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MoekoTatekana said:

I'm so very sad that HL may have to close.  Sci-fi in many forms has always been something special to me.  I love visiting both Hangars & Insilico.  I'm joint owner of a Sci-fi/Fantasy store and would happily rent space for our Sci-fi stuff to help if that was of any help, but I am unsure if that can be done with the discussion around non-profit and land fees?  I would also happily rent a little home there!  Hopefully we can all pull together and help somehow.  😞

Thank you so much. 

we get to see very few sims like this ...the last one i spent time on vanished wihtout notice...shame that for a virtual experience creativity and impeccable attention to detail and design these people cant be awarded an affordable sim or a "grant" for the rest of us to enjoy ;) ..my 2 cents

If I tell you    If I tell you how I feel                                  Will you keep bringing out the best in me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarcMorality said:

we get to see very few sims like this ...the last one i spent time on vanished wihtout notice...shame that for a virtual experience creativity and impeccable attention to detail and design these people cant be awarded an affordable sim or a "grant" for the rest of us to enjoy ;) ..my 2 cents

If I tell you    If I tell you how I feel                                  Will you keep bringing out the best in me

Thank you very much Marc

Edited by Lawrence Celestalis

I' ve been taking pictures only .. not time much to actually explore or try things.

I do notice signs of abandoment, the rental being one of them.

I think though there is still activity on the sim.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

That's just.... wow. Of all the ones I've seen that were considered... this one LL should definitely preserve. The aesthetics alone is worth preserving.

A joy to my ear what you said there. True joy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.