You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hangars Liquides, the most acclaimed cyberpunk city in Sl may close at the end of July 2019.

Read Wagner Au article on New World Notes and make yourself heard both on the blog and here to avoid it: https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2019/07/hangars-liquides-cyberpunk-second-life-djehan-kidd.html

Hangars the endless_001.png

Edited by Lawrence Celestalis
  • Sad 8

sooner or later this is the destiny of any SL sim/parcel/creation... and even avatar, the memories for the ones who were involved will survive.
When the owner can't keep it ... it's over.

Rarely seen a action succeed where others stand up to keep it alive, they don't have the same drive as the original owner and as soon money and/or a lot of time is involved most volunteers ( with money) hook off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't go there by SLURL .. i went there by map and searched on hangars liquides .. tp' d there.. and only see small islands and a home of the creator .. nothing else there

Edited by TDD123

Wow. Impressive . It' s indeed, luckily still there ! @ http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hangars Liquides/126/132/2227

I will try to help this creator with donation coming week. Perhaps we can save this.

I sure hope so and hope others will chime in. If I can save one sim it will be this one !

PS Thank you very much for the thread and the TP Lawrence !!

HL_001.png

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I actually never heard of this place before.  I hope for the sake of its fans that it continues, but many a beautiful build has vanished.  I have to wonder, if the fans love it so much why aren't they contributing by donations?

I'd never heard of it either but I'm not into the cyberpunk thing. 

As with countless other beloved sims that have left Second Life, Hangars’ fate was sealed by Linden Lab policies, chief among them the high cost of monthly tier. And that is even though Hangars is owned by a non-profit French media organization of the same name, and qualifies for Linden Lab’s nonprofit discount.

“As a cultural nonprofit organization,” Djehan explains, “Second Life has become unsustainable for me. Several months ago, I was told that the new Terms of Service for nonprofits did not permit us to offer rentals anymore; as a result, the city couldn't pay for itself any more.” 

The fans were contributing by paying for rentals. LL said because nonprofit, rentals are no longer allowed. Without the income from the rentals, the nonprofit can't afford to keep the sims regions open. Depending on donations is folly. It is rare that enough donations are pulled in to 'save' a region and keep it up and running. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'd never heard of it either but I'm not into the cyberpunk thing. 

The fans were contributing by paying for rentals. LL said because nonprofit, rentals are no longer allowed. Without the income from the rentals, the nonprofit can't afford to keep the sims regions open. Depending on donations is folly.

Hmm, this sounds familiar... removing some of the financial viability of a large contributor to Second Life. Is Mark Kingdon back again? 😱

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Wow. Impressive . It' s indeed, luckily still there ! @ http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hangars Liquides/126/132/2227

I will try to help this creator with donation coming week. Perhaps we can save this.

I sure hope so and hope others will chime in. If I can save one sim it will be this one !

PS Thank you very much for the thread and the TP Lawrence !!

HL_001.png

my pleasure mate!

21 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

The creator paid for sim with rentals .. these are too few now. Would have rented immediately if I' d had known.

The problem is that now LL forbids rentals to no profits. Hangars has always had Sl creators, fashion creators and top builders living there. The godfather of cyberpunk William Gibson lived in Hangars for a year, me and Djehan found ourselves in the novel once it was published. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I'd visit to at least poke around but I do have to ask: Furry/Anthromorph friendly or would I need to swap to a Hybrid (Human Body Kitsune) or Elven form? Not exactly comfortable as a normal (or Cyber Augmented even) human base.

We completely welcome everyone! We have furries coming often from Blue Galaxy. The builder Ash Soyinka also came once to have a meeting with his staff at our Octopus bar. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Celestalis said:

We completely welcome everyone! We have furries coming often from Blue Galaxy. The builder Ash Soyinka also came once to have a meeting with his staff at our Octopus bar. 

Good to know then! Heh, will have to pop in soon.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.