You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, H8 said:

So LL should just suddenly set the cost of"important" sims to 0.

errr no that is not how it works - the sims effectively would be frozen in time (Which in the case of Svarga somehow seems to have caused the ecosystem to stop working proper)

@Topic I find it funny how the picture painted in this thread differs from the info the creator gave in the NWN blog... just saying ;)

3 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Snitch some more, please.

Wh;y should we believe you ?  So far you have 0 credit and are headed towards a negative balance.

So you are implying I'm lying but you are accusing me of snitching which by definition means I'd be relaying insiders information(the truth).

Oh, and that's not snitching, it's a public group. 

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

why? you prefer a dictatorship about forumcontents? Only agree is allowed?.. gets fun here... not allowed to post in GD, not in Homes... whats next?

For me and a majority of SL it won't make one second difference if this place is around or not. If a owner can't pay for it, and others don't step in (with substantial help.. not a  5 L$ donation once in 14 years) it can go offline.. pitty but thats how it is.
And i seen NOBODY here yet that said : here you have the tiers for a year, only  ahhh's and ohhh's

If you are a iletrate that dont know the value of art and culture, I can just feel shame on you...

If you can't understand amazing places are the mean that bring people in Second Life, as an advertisement for the variety of people and contents around, you surely don't really have in mind that, as great sims slowly dies people just start vanishing and... Second Life just can disappear from thin air.  If you think that will not happen, you are too very naive.

Maybe, when its too late, you will realize what preservation means... :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

@Topic I find it funny how the picture painted in this thread differs from the info the creator gave in the NWN blog... just saying ;)

Heard ya.

So far I understand there is a dispute in how to keep the sim running. Lindenlab gave the creator a morbid ( regarding the sim ) choice :

1. Either the non-profit status is withdrawn. ( Because of the commerce held there ).
  2. Or the sim  retains the status if all commercial activity is removed.

The creator has had this commerce on her sim to cover expenditure which were left, eventhough she was allowed discount based on her non-profit status. But the creator cannot cover these expenditures anymore when all commerce ( residentials and stores ) is gone.

I have no idea really about figures ( well sorta, but not quite ) but my guess is the coverage of the monthly tier is done by rentals. Stores might bring some extra, but I have no insight on how much is sold which "rains into Djehan' pockets" and is spend irresponsibly.

The creator is also angry over one thing : Second Life presented itself on Oprah with imagery of Hangars Liquides for promotional purposes. She was not compensated for that. Kinda strange for a company which holds on so tight on copyright and IP.

It's all data. It can always be resurrected. as long as  the database is intact and this specific server of LL' undoubtedly large server-park keeps running for it.  These 5 regions are a fraction of the world map. These 'costs' are negligable.

The loss to me as a resident is very unsettling.

It is what makes Second Life beautiful to me.

I have yet to speak to her. This is based on what I know of the sim itself by visits and the events over the past hours.

Edited by TDD123

9 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

The creator is also angry over one thing : Second Life presented itself on Oprah with imagery of Hangars Liquides for promotional purposes. She was not compensated for that. Kinda strange for a company which holds on so tight on copyright and IP.

err IMHO with the TOS changes of 2013 the creator agreed to that - they could have closed the sim back then instead of continuing under the new TOS that allows LL to use their content...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

err with the TOS changes of 2013 the craetor agreed to that - they could have closed the sim back then instead of continuing under the new TOS that allows LL to use their content...

If copyright was embedded in DNA none of us would be.

For me it's not about legalese. That's should not destroy the little beauty we have left in this world. I will not convince you of that. You have your imagaination. I have mine.

I do want LLto know that destroying these sims first before cleaning up mainlaind is not good for anyone involved in Second Life.

Edited by TDD123

3 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

is true that we can be miffed when LL uses our stuff for promotional purposes. Is also true that we agree that they can do this. We give them permission to do this in the ToS

back a few years ago now the ToS got changed to give LL a shared right in our stuff to do exactly this

it was probably the most ferocious debate between creative residents and LL in all the history of SL debates

some very accomplished creatives ended up deleting all of their inventory, cancelled their accounts and regions,  and formally advised LL in the RL that they could not agree to this. As it is thru their creativity they make their RL living, and  handing over a right to LL without compensation was a step too far for them

am not sure when exactly the regions in the OP were built, but going off the SL rez dates of the mentioned creatives of the regions, then it would seem that they were account holders at the time of the ToS change, and agreed to give LL the then new asked for right

ps. The regions are lovely. And if the owner(s) do want to go thru the preservation process then I would be supportive of that

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Is also true that we agree that they can do this.

Oh yeah , I get that  .. and again .. legalese... what goes for you must go for me. If I build anything LL may keep it for itself and can do with it what it wants. I can deanl with that damage.

(sound of tumble weed passing by)

But honestly .. this work of art is way out of my league.  It's another level of design that few would top in cyberspace SL. It was mesh at it's finest. It was as if Blade Runner' city feel came to life.

It still impresses me to this day. I'm certain it will do so for residents to come.

If THAT is what LL wants they should defenitely preserve it.

Edited by TDD123

2 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Oh yeah , I get that  .. and again .. legalese... what goes for you must go for me. If I build anything LL may keep it for itself and can do with it what it wants. I can deanl with that damage.

(sound of tumbpleweed

in this case the legalese is what protects us,  LL can't do anything it wants with our stuff without our permission. RL laws and all that

and you are right about preserving examples of creative technique. From my own pov, what stuff looks like visually, while lovely, is often secondary to what I can learn about the techniques employed to make it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, H8 said:

And after seeing the coke fueled rage in the  HL group chat and the amount of toxicity spewed by the creator - no thank you. 

5 hours ago, H8 said:

lmao. This is funny considering the creator can't stop calling people "fu...s" and "cu...s", calling LL fascists, nazis, communists....you can't be those two things at the same time. Yeah I can see who is being spiteful.

Gotta say, the entire group chat is a gold mine of astonishing stupidity and ignorance of how real world and laws work.  I see no reason why LL  should save this place, it's not more important than other places and after LL getting such  treatment...

Looks like this story got a whole lot more interesting...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

errr no that is not how it works - the sims effectively would be frozen in time (Which in the case of Svarga somehow seems to have caused the ecosystem to stop working proper)

As far as I am aware the eco-system stopped working after Linden Lab changed scripting to Mono or something like that. Not because it was frozen in time, just never updated to comply with changes to the scripting engine.

21 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

As far as I am aware the eco-system stopped working after Linden Lab changed scripting to Mono or something like that. Not because it was frozen in time, just never updated to comply with changes to the scripting engine.

Funny that, they preserved it exactly as it had been. In this case, preservation does not mean keeping every little thing there running properly.

Just now, Solar Legion said:

Funny that, they preserved it exactly as it had been. In this case, preservation does not mean keeping every little thing there running properly.

Pretty much and is why preservation is a moot point for me, its also why the sim is largely empty as its draw appeal isn't there. When it was working it was scripting genius at its finest. Wish they would just go through and redo the scripts to work again.

14 hours ago, Vampirella Nightfire said:

I am appalled to hear that Hangar's Liquides should not continue to exist. The Wonderful Future City is a great digital art project in which the lifeblood of an artist was brought to life. "It has to be saved". If Linden Lab does not want to save HL, then we have to do it ourselves. How can we get the fans of HL together and find a new concept to finance this. I would donate 5000 linden a month for HL to live on. Are there any more fans who would do this? Who participates and helps? If anyone is interested in helping, then contact Djehan Kidd or write a message to Vampirella Nightfire. I hope for positive answers ♥

Thank you dear!

8 hours ago, H8 said:

lmao. This is funny considering the creator can't stop calling people "fu...s" and "cu...s", calling LL fascists, nazis, communists....you can't be those two things at the same time. Yeah I can see who is being spiteful.

Gotta say, the entire group chat is a gold mine of astonishing stupidity and ignorance of how real world and laws work.  I see no reason why LL  should save this place, it's not more important than other places and after LL getting such  treatment...

Seriously, if you are mentality unstable don't do drugs, and if you do, get off the interwebz before you become a meme. I legit started to feel bad after reading so much non sense :)

You must probably be one of the people who copybotted Hangars towers which initially were placed in Insilico, or other Hangars builds we found copybotted in Cocoon. Maybe you didn't directly, but you probably are their friends and approve them. I never understand why excellence draws such an amount of jealousy. Rather than have people stand up to that high standard, they copybot, manipulate or want to destroy. 

Edited by Lawrence Celestalis
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Fionalein said:

What do you mean? I tend to believe to Djehan rather than rumours, also because I was there all the time to witness what was happening. What Djehan doesn't say is all the copybots, the force tp's we had (to another city) and the website hacking by another "famous" cyberpunk city run by a well known copybotter, or another builder who went nuts just becuase Djehan at one point started selling her builds on Marketplace where he was selling too. As I said above, jealousy plays those tricks, when actually, beauty should make you feel good.

Edited by Lawrence Celestalis
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, Aethelwine said:

I don't think I have been there before or if I had I didn't spend long there because the scale of it whilst immersive is also bewildering.

Spent 30 minutes exploring it again and it is undoubtedly a work of art. Despite all its complexity it is well optimised, I had none of my usual problems with textures and objects not bothering to load. It is a fine example of what is possible to do here.

I would have made a donation to keep it going, but it seems past that point now. Such a shame and frustrating these get your attention when it all seems too late. I hope it can be preserved in some form

Fate for Hangars is not sealed yet, donations will surely help maintain it while LL answers.

43 minutes ago, Lawrence Celestalis said:

What do you mean?

Over there the closing still seems to be a threat - in the discussion over here it seems a sure thing - but thanks for the rest if the insights.

Edited by Fionalein

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Over there the closing still seems to be a threat - in the discussion over here it seems a sure thing - but thanks for the rest if the insights.

Well, once again, Djehan and me know that it is a threat. Over there with rumours and people not informed, it can seem whatever people wants it to be, as it is also proved by the several off topics in this thread. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.