I Will not accept Tilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, DilliDallagio said:

I have no idea what the numbers would be but I am certain that 99.5% of the SL population STILL does not know what is going on. Just a wild and very unscientific guess based upon those I meet inworld.

and sadly they will panic as soon as the accept TOS button pops up

That is assuming those seeing the ToS will not just blindly accept it without reading it. Sadly, most in my own family just accept those things without even skimming them because, as they see it, they would not be able to use the service or thing they want to use at that very moment if they did not say "Yes, accept." So they accept it and go on their merry way until some such circumstance comes up that prevents them from using that thing or service in the future. Then another round of "why didn't you tell me this was going to happen" ensues within the family, followed by more eye-rolling, "I told you so's", yada yada yada.

Just human nature I suppose.

Edited by DilliDallagio
clarifying the drivel

Hello, This is not the first I've seen about the Tillia. The post was confusing about how Tillia usage, it took me reading the notification 3 or 4 times to understand what was being said. 

I personally do not sell stuff on SL but have a premium account that has me waiting in limbo for one of the upgrades to my account. The staff of LL should explain things better, remember you have to talk to your audience. This would eliminate a  lot of confusion  for your PAYING customers and users.

5 minutes ago, 1ladysavage Ansar said:

Hello, This is not the first I've seen about the Tillia. The post was confusing about how Tillia usage, it took me reading the notification 3 or 4 times to understand what was being said. 

I personally do not sell stuff on SL but have a premium account that has me waiting in limbo for one of the upgrades to my account. The staff of LL should explain things better, remember you have to talk to your audience. This would eliminate a  lot of confusion  for your PAYING customers and users.

They had a town hall. just yesterday. Which they covered in detail, through user questions, about tillia.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

They had a town hall. just yesterday. Which they covered in detail, through user questions, about tillia.

And who but the most ardent critics or devoted followers care about a town hall meeting? Please get real...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

And who but the most ardent critcs or devoted followers care about a town hall meeting? Please get real...

But here is the thing, you guys have concerns. And there is the forums, and then they have town halls. The only way you are gonna learn, is if you follow everything. If you don't want to, that's fine. But then don't go crying to LL, because you lack any sort of knowledge because you feel that you need not keep up with stuff.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But here is the thing, you guys have concerns. And there is the forums, and then they have town halls. The only way you are gonna learn, is if you follow everything. If you don't want to, that's fine. But then don't go crying to LL, because you lack any sort of knowledge because you feel that you need not keep up with stuff.

This. For any service at all.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Unfortunately, no such support ticket option exists for a general enquiry that I could find.

Though seems like the dashboard is broken at the moment as it states that the last time I "processed credit" was in 2013 which would be about right, but for some reason also lists the same transaction as being made in 2007 lol.

I assume 2013 is well before Tilia, as people have mentioned it being implemented 3 years ago. Hopefully this is the case and means I don't have an account.

Honestly, it could go either way since you did "process credit" at some point. If it were me, I'd be expecting to have one and hoping I don't. In the meantime I'd use whatever classification I can see that even remotely comes closest to general support to file a ticket or I'd call the offices in San Fran. and ask them to check on it. (415) 243-9000  You might need to be a little bit assertive if you call. Depends on who answers the phone. 

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

So, I'm trying to understand how you think this should work.

On August 1, someone with, say, 3 $US in their Tilia account tries to log in to SL, and gets a prompt that they have to agree to the TOS for this company they've never heard of before.

And it's your suggestion that they should find the video of the town hall -- for which, btw, there is still no official LL recording or transcription -- and watch all of it -- the version I've seen is almost one and a quarter hours  long -- so that they can understand what they are about to click on? Have you watched the video? Was it easy to follow? Engaging?

Seriously?

What platform or service in the world would ask their users to go through that??

I hope like hell that LL cares more about their customers than you seem to.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

LL has literally given you the Tillia info on a silver platter. They gave you a warning, and then when they realized that they didn't really explain it well. They redid that post. When people had concernse, they created the official Q&A forum. To top it all off, they had a town hall meeting. And they have said on multiple occasions, that if you have anymore questions or concerns to get ahold of customer support. What other company literally does all that for their user base. Maybe Bethesda now, after their horrible launch of Fallout 76. But not many companies do customer feedback and support, not many companies listen to their customers. So really it's all on you, to take the time and learn as much as you can.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I'm trying to understand how you think this should work.

On August 1, someone with, say, 3 $US in their Tilia account tries to log in to SL, and gets a prompt that they have to agree to the TOS for this company they've never heard of before.

And it's your suggestion that they should find the video of the town hall -- for which, btw, there is still no official LL recording or transcription -- and watch all of it -- the version I've seen is almost one and a quarter hours  long -- so that they can understand what they are about to click on? Have you watched the video? Was it easy to follow? Engaging?

Seriously?

What platform or service in the world would ask their users to go through that??

I hope like hell that LL cares more about their customers than you seem to.

If you actually looked on YouTube, you would find that there is one. It takes two seconds to use the search bar.

Tillia has been around since 2006 or 2007, and you could see it on the website, when you purchased L.

Um, Amazon and Ebay.

I watched the video when it went live, and yeah it was easy to follow and engaging.

If you don't like what is happening, or don't want to take the steps to be informed. Then you can easily leave SL.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

A Town Hall with a total of 84 people at it out of thousands. Region capacity is 100. 

Yes, everyone in SL should attend every Town Hall. Thousands of people need to try to cram themselves into a region that holds 100 people, all at once. Brilliant!

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

A Town Hall with a total of 84 people at it out of thousands. Region capacity is 100. 

Yes, everyone in SL should attend every Town Hall. Thousands of people need to try to cram themselves into a region that holds 100 people, all at once. Brilliant!

They literally livestreamed it yesterday, on YouTube. So if you couldn't get in, then you could always watch it live. There was literally a link in the official Q&A that directed you to it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Have you watched the video? Was it easy to follow? Engaging?

Seriously?

Uhhh I don't know if it was engaging..... I nodded off after 5 minutes and dreamed a giant, archaic Tilia statue suddenly came to life and began walking across the stage.    :)

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

LL has literally given you the Tillia info on a silver platter. They gave you a warning, and then when they realized that they didn't really explain it well. They redid that post. When people had concernse, they created the official Q&A forum. To top it all off, they had a town hall meeting. And they have said on multiple occasions, that if you have anymore questions or concerns to get ahold of customer support. What other company literally does all that for their user base. Maybe Bethesda now, after their horrible launch of Fallout 76. But not many companies do customer feedback and support, not many companies listen to their customers. So really it's all on you, to take the time and learn as much as you can.

What I don't think you are getting is that most people, confronted by this for the very first time, and discovering they have to watch a lengthy and stultifyingly dull video, or weed through lengthy and disorganized forum posts to find out what they are agreeing to, are going to do one of two things. They are going to shrug, and click Ok. Yay, you now have one very poorly informed user! Or, they are going to freak out.

And yes, maybe LL can sit back and watch a goodly number of the residents flipping out here or elsewhere, and smugly note that, hey, they did a townhall! But in the meantime, they are going to be seriously and unnecessarily alienating, confusing, and just plain pissing off a goodly and important part of their user base. Is being smug worth that?

It is absolutely and completely in LL's own best interest to represent this information in a form that is actually digestible, accessible, and unambiguous. Failing to do so may or may not say a lot about the commitment of their customers, but it would say volumes about the idiocy of the corporation making such a stupid decision.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

They literally livestreamed it yesterday, on YouTube. So if you couldn't get in, then you could always watch it live. There was literally a link in the official Q&A that directed you to it.

I have hearing loss. What good will it do me when I can't understand what is being said. Have they CCed it? Are they depending on YouTube crappiest CC? I'm not alone and there are people who are fully deaf in SL. Are you going to tell them to go watch a video they can't hear at all?

FFS

Edited by Selene Gregoire

5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

If you don't like what is happening, or don't want to take the steps to be informed. Then you can easily leave SL.

Don't you think there could be room for improvement on both sides? That LL could always learn to communicate better and that residents could do a better job of keeping informed too?

• Like 1

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

I have hearing loss. What good will it do me when I can't understand what is being said. Have they CCed it? Are they depending on YouTube crappiest CC? I'm not alone and there are people who are fully deaf in SL. Are ou goingto tell them to go watcha video they can't hear at all?

FFS

No, but here is the thing. You are responsible, to keep yourself well informed. So if you can't hear that well, and I totally feel bad that you can't. Then you find other avenues to get your info.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Don't you think there could be room for improvement on both sides? That LL could always learn to communicate better and that residents could do a better job of keeping informed too?

But they did, they have literally given you so many tools, to be able to communicate with them. What more do you want?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

No, but here is the thing. You are responsible, to keep yourself well informed. So if you can't hear that well, and I totally feel bad that you can't. Then you find other avenues to get your info.

You're not in Customer Service in RL by any chance, are you?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

You mean like a so badly written, unorganized forum post that is nearly a forum page long itself. 

Get off that bronco before you get thrown. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.