Jump to content
gwendol1ne

I Will not accept Tilia

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Sure thing, Ms. "LL/Tilia is guilty until proven innocent."

Have you ever experienced being treated like a criminal say - at an airport - just for entering the US on holiday or business? No? Then perhaps wait until you do before casting stones at those who have and/or are experiencing that officiously obnoxious kind of idiocy before casting stones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

Have you ever experienced being treated like a criminal say - at an airport - just for entering the US on holiday or business?

Silly question. They now treat anyone entering the country like a criminal. One reason I won't return there soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

Silly question. They now treat anyone entering the country like a criminal. One reason I won't return there soon.

Not to mention you now have to provide all social media accounts to the US Gov to get a visa or visa waiver ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drayke Newall said:

Not to mention you now have to provide all social media accounts to the US Gov to get a visa or visa waiver ;) 

and the silly questionaire...

Hmmm will a go to be child abducter announce their intentions by using that checkbox? Yeah sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Not to mention you now have to provide all social media accounts to the US Gov to get a visa or visa waiver ;) 

This is something new that not everyone in the US knows about yet. I just now found out about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-us-wants-visa-applicants-social-media-names-it-should-prove-it-needs-them/2019/06/09/aafaf2b4-87d1-11e9-a491-25df61c78dc4_story.html?utm_term=.b133a00dcb40

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't even know what counts as social media and how many forum accounts I still have. Another reason not to enter - I don't wanna go to jail for falsely answering what I have no idea about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wouldn't surprise me, went under the radar pretty much everywhere. I only know cause was looking to go to the US for a holiday. Don't think I will now.

 

Just now, Fionalein said:

I don't even know what counts as social media and how many forum accounts I still have. Another reason not to enter - I don't wanna go to jail for falsely answering what I have no idea about.

Haha, wouldn't know either but as we all know, hypothetically an 80 year old would still be accountable for a mistaken post some media or government outlet found on a twitter account the said 80 year old posted 65 years ago when he was drunk, half a sleep and accidently typed with text prediction whilst trying to turn off his phone alarm.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Living in the US, I expect to have to provide documentation whenever financial transactions take place. It wasn't until after I'd become an adult that providing proof of who you are became the norm when writing checks or using a credit card.  About the only time you do not have to present photo ID at banks is when you are making a deposit. Any other transaction, you must have photo ID. That is not my point.

My point is having to agree to a financial account that is not needed or wanted, just to be able to continue logging in. Clicking that agree button constitutes signing a contract. A contract that I must agree to if I want to continue logging in for a FINANCIAL account I have no use for. A legal obligation for a service I will NOT be using. And even if my financial situation does happen to change in the future (highly unlikely) that is the point at which I would be willing to agree to the Tilia ToS. Not knowing what the future will bring is precisely why I object to being forced to sign a contract, in order to remain in SL, for a financial account. This is my @$$ that is being put on the line by LL, financially, when I hardly have a pot to piss in.

To which terms of the contract do you particularly object, and in what way do you say that signing them is putting your "@$$ [...] on the line [...] financially"?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I don't even know what counts as social media and how many forum accounts I still have. Another reason not to enter - I don't wanna go to jail for falsely answering what I have no idea about.

This. Totally this. Besides, I already live in hell (Down Under) - why the heck would I want to visit the 'nth-degree' of it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Wouldn't surprise me, went under the radar pretty much everywhere. I only know cause was looking to go to the US for a holiday. Don't think I will now.

Even without the new @ssTrumpet bs I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to visit as things stand now. Many of us who are natural citizens want out. We just don't have the means or blood ties to other countries. 

On the other hand this country was under the guardianship of my relatives at one time so leaving isn't exactly an option anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Have you ever experienced being treated like a criminal say - at an airport - just for entering the US on holiday or business? No? Then perhaps wait until you do before casting stones at those who have and/or are experiencing that officiously obnoxious kind of idiocy before casting stones.

I have -- I visited the US last New Year and got the whole "why are you here, where are you going?" questioning after having filled a form announcing myself as a non-terrorist, and a pat-down while wearing as little as was still civil. 

I got another pat-down and almost pulled aside when my ""motion-sickness pill"" in its tin wrapping triggered the metal detector.

Or maybe that's just me lying, you'll never know but you'll have to believe me because it's my word against the US government and that makes me more believable than them according to you.

Don't make assumptions about me, as I haven't made assumptions about that other person. I don't care whether they're speaking the truth or not, I only care that you would join the hate-train so easily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. I'm ready for the townhall-meeting .. Now what should i wear for that ?

 

 

HL_007.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I have -- I visited the US last New Year and got the whole "why are you here, where are you going?" questioning after having filled a form announcing myself as a non-terrorist, and a pat-down while wearing as little as was still civil. 

I got another pat-down and almost pulled aside when my ""motion-sickness pill"" in its tin wrapping triggered the metal detector.

Or maybe that's just me lying, you'll never know but you'll have to believe me because it's my word against the US government and that makes me more believable than them according to you.

Don't make assumptions about me, as I haven't made assumptions about that other person. I don't care whether they're speaking the truth or not, I only care that you would join the hate-train so easily.

Then you of all people should understand my stance in defense of residents against the officious treatment of them from the start when they want to withdraw their funds.

It's not a 'hate train'; I've never been a member of that mentality but neither am I backwards in coming forward when corporates treat ordinary residents with disdain and mistrust. It's vile, rude, buffoonish and entirely unnecessary.

Surely you can understand that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the official thread:

Quote

Q:
Will EVERYONE who uses Second Life have to agree to the new Tilia TOS and Privacy Policy - or just those who use credit processing in USD?

A: Only those who have a USD wallet need to consent to Tilia’s ToS. If you have a USD wallet, these will be presented to you when you log in to your SL account on the web.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnyaJurelle said:

when corporates treat ordinary residents with disdain and mistrust.

But you don't know whether that's happened at all, and it's very easy to imagine that some random internet-person -- even if they had an SL business -- would lie or tell half-truths when something doesn't go their way.

You literally wouldn't believe how many people would go write a bad review because they didn't get free stuff or were otherwise told "no." Or how many cheaters in online games claim to have been banned "for no reason" or after some actually legitimate behavior (which doesn't indicated that they didn't cheat before that).

People lie because they're upset and want attention/retribution/pity or any number of other motives. It doesn't matter if they're "little people" or have a small online business or lots of internet-fame.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

But you don't know whether that's happened at all, and it's very easy to imagine that some random internet-person -- even if they had an SL business -- would lie or tell half-truths when something doesn't go their way.

You literally wouldn't believe how many people would go write a bad review because they didn't get free stuff or were otherwise told "no." Or how many cheaters in online games claim to have been banned "for no reason" or after some actually legitimate behavior (which doesn't indicated that they didn't cheat before that).

People lie because they're upset and want attention/retribution/pity or any number of other motives. It doesn't matter if they're "little people" or have a small online business or lots of internet-fame.

Yes, I see your point and agree up to a point; it's just very difficult to imagine someone with a reputation to uphold would - or could - stoop to that level. Perhaps I'm too trusting. I still take people at face value and see no reason to suspect their word isn't their bond. Faceless corporates, on the other hand, often tend to prove themselves otherwise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoffeeDujour said:

My test account has a 10c USD balance .. hmmm 

It might have to accept tilia ... or just create a new test account out of spite and never touch the old one again =^.^= (how comes I bet some folks will actually go that route?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 5:20 AM, EdmundPendragon said:

Thank you Qie

While I don't like agreeing to the Tilia TOS, thus making it seem like I am a Tilia customer (which as long as I don't withdraw RL funds from SL I am not really, I just save up my stipend each week for any Marketplace purchases), I honestly do not see the harm for me to simply check that box.

Thanks,

Ed

Tillia doesn't affect users uploading L, into SL. It only affects people who cash out, or have a USD balance. I don't know why people keep on thinking, that this will affect users who just upload.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Tillia doesn't affect users uploading L, into SL. It only affects people who cash out, or have a USD balance. I don't know why people keep on thinking, that this will affect users who just upload.

The FUD,  there is so much going around even in world over this,  people are adding new info each day it seems,  when LL has one thread with everything they stated.   I've heard to have more than 5000 items in your inventory you need to purchase some kind of LL gift card.   I think a big time meeting/press release needs to hit every resident in SL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

The FUD,  there is so much going around even in world over this,  people are adding new info each day it seems,  when LL has one thread with everything they stated.   I've heard to have more than 5000 items in your inventory you need to purchase some kind of LL gift card.   I think a big time meeting/press release needs to hit every resident in SL.

This is one of those times I am glad I don't have a bunch of friends in SL. :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I think a big time meeting/press release needs to hit every resident in SL.

Now if only there was a way to do that .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

The FUD,  there is so much going around even in world over this,  people are adding new info each day it seems,  when LL has one thread with everything they stated.   I've heard to have more than 5000 items in your inventory you need to purchase some kind of LL gift card.   I think a big time meeting/press release needs to hit every resident in SL.

They just had a town meeting, at 1SLT to answer everyone's questions and calm everyone's concerns. Let me see if I can grab a link for you.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 4:07 AM, gwendol1ne said:

i have not understood:

There will be TWO separate check boxes we have to click to accept TOS AND Tilia?

If so i will accept ONLY the TOS checkbox and I WILL NOT accept the Tilia checkbox

in that case (if i accept ONLY Tos and not Tilia) will i be able to use SL?

if i won't be able to access anymore SL, well i will survive and bye bye SL!

(i am NOT premium, i don't pay tiers and of course i have zero USD balance)

 

respectfully, if you are not premium, o not pay tiers, or rent and have a 0 USD balance then are you really a contributing member of SL? Do you have 0 L balance to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I think a big time meeting/press release needs to hit every resident in SL.

Which is precisely what they should have done in the first place.

Probably three quarters of the residents of SL don't even known that there IS a forum here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...