Releases under the Fog of War

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Meanwhile, I had a blast in Penitent Beach yesterday. The pent up demand exploded into a fun and community spirited, totally spontaneous party on the beach. I had the auto-refresh set to a sedate 12 seconds, and eventually got hits on 3 Traditonal homes, none of which I claimed. My last hit, sometime after the festivities ended, was a houseboat, (probably a throwback) and I attempted to claim it with a preloaded Name field,  but even at 2 to 3 seconds total response time , it had already been claimed.....oh well, missed my first one the day before because I had forgotten to free up my 1024 which was still assigned to a land group. No bitterness here now,  and that party on the beach was so much fun.  I posted photos real time on both my profile and on flickr, which certainly broadcast the possible pending release.

You know why I posted the photos? Because the joy of community outweighed the greedy protection of the possible upcoming release, and any advantage to myself of keeping quiet about it. The desire to live in Bellisseria is the potential for community.  Controlling the flow of information and trying to hide it in a "fog of war" is cynical and self serving, sorry. I've never had this much fun in years in SL, except at SL Birthdays and BURN2 events. 

The excitement is contagious, and the spiteful whiners are being encouraged to exit the groups, but the last thing we need is a retreat to the old methods of silence and secrecy.

SL_dub-at-Penitent-Beach_Bellisseria_007.png

• Like 11

Lord. Fog of War. I know my profile thingy says Newbie,and other than my 5 yr old account that still has her "Schoolgirl" outfit, I pretty much am:D Here's what I have noticed. Bellisseria is intended to be more communal, and thats great, because every place I have had a house in,is pretty deserted. So of course everyone is excited about a beautiful newly done community,right? In a place that it takes a serious 30 minutes or so to get your hair and clothes on, its nice to think of walking outside to a beautiful neighborhood, chatting with people who are neighbors, rather than having to teleport to places where people are already having private convos and do not respond when you greet.

As a reasonably intelligent human being, I understand that SL has to do things a certain way,and testing the waters for response is a key to any great marketing. As an avatar who believes in changing clothes in her own house and unpacking,so to speak,in her own house, I think my annoyance stems from not being able to "settle in" and decorate(!) so I can go make friends. Odd, I know,but there it is,lol.

I went to the beach party yesterday,and I went with a heart full of hope and a weird urge to meet the dude with the furry ears. I wanted a house to be released. I met some interesting people,if only briefly, I missed the houses. Meeting the people and seeing their interactions was good,too. A lady named @BJoyful hugged me just after my cat horked up a furball on a weeks worth of extrapolations, no idea how she knew I needed a hug but shes a queen in my book. I noted a great sense of community at that beach,and I want that!

I also feel like if anyones going to tease me they should at least bring beverages and feathers. Js. The tease for these is like,painful,lol.

I think if people step back and realize that it isnt JUST a new house theyre after, its the sense of community and belonging, maybe they will relax and realize that they are NOT alone in their desires and let that be a uniting factor. Have a gorgeous day,people! May our new homes be here before ya know it♥

Edited by EmmeElise
Forgot to do the @
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
52 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

So let me this straight. You mentione quite a few times before that tou dont know the time it takes for them to release a region once you are done doing your part, but here, you say you do check some forms and you say that you know exactly at what stage each region is.

Yes, quite right.   That's exactly what I said:

I attend our team meetings and use the same online forms and reports as do the other Moles, so I know what stage all the regions are at, and I can assure you that we release them as we complete each small batch.   

You will note that I talk about "the same online forms and reports as do the other Moles" and about what "we" do.    I don't see the other departments' reports and schedules, obviously, but I know where everything is in the system, so I know which regions are ready for my attentions,  and I know when I've finished with them.    I also know that, after I've finished, then in the normal course of events they should become available in the next few days, and that's all I know.

Knowing where something is in the process doesn't mean, of course, I know when it's going to complete that, or subsequent, stages.   It does mean, though, that I have a good picture of which regions are nearing completion and how many we're working on,  so I can tell you with considerable confidence that there's no backlog building up anywhere to delay releases (LDPW has regular team meetings, and the Bellissaria project managers are in frequent contact with Patch precisely to identify and remove bottlenecks in the process).    

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 10

5 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Yes, quite right.   That's exactly what I said:

You will note that I talk about "the same online forms and reports as do the other Moles" and about what "we" do.    I don't see the other departments' reports and schedules, obviously, but I know where everything is in the system, so I know which regions are ready for my attentions,  and I know when I've finished with them.    I also know that, after I've finished, then in the normal course of events they should become available in the next few days, and that's all I know.

Knowing where something is in the process doesn't mean, of course, I know when it's going to complete that, or subsequent, stages.   It does mean, though, that I have a good picture of which regions are nearing completion and how many we're working on,  so I can tell you with considerable confidence that there's no backlog building up anywhere to delay releases (LDPW has regular team meetings, and the Bellissaria project managers are in frequent contact with Patch precisely to identify and remove bottlenecks in the process).    

I appreciate greatly the information. This is exactly what it's missing, and should be done more openly and not only to just shut up people like myself. Clear information to assure people work is being done properly.

Edited by Seba Serpente

1 hour ago, Seba Serpente said:

So let me this straight. You mentione quite a few times before that tou dont know the time it takes for them to release a region once you are done doing your part, but here, you say you do check some forms and you say that you know exactly at what stage each region is.

How many times do you need to be told to stop harassing the moles? Just curious.

• Thanks 6

Just now, Seba Serpente said:

I might think you have some harrassment going on towards me as well 🤔

LOL you would know it if I was harassing you. However, I feel obligated to point out that just one page back, you were pontificating about how moles need to stop interacting with us and put their noses to the grindstone. How does that fit in with your constant distractions aimed at them? Again, just curious to understand your thinking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

LOL you would know it if I was harassing you. However, I feel obligated to point out that just one page back, you were pontificating about how moles need to stop interacting with us and put their noses to the grindstone. How does that fit in with your constant distractions aimed at them? Again, just curious to understand your thinking.

The actual problems i have brought to them and they have already solved are not considered distractions.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

I appreciate greatly the information. This is exactly what it's missing, and should be done more openly and not only to just shut up people like myself. Clear information to assure people work is being done properly.

Why can you simply not assume work is being done properly?! Like, you know, assume Moles are hard-working gals and guys, enjoying giving to the community, and help build something greater than themselves?!; that sort of thing. Just curious.

And as if they need your oversight to get things done properly, LOL. No, really, LOL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Just now, kiramanell said:

Why can you simply not assume work is being done properly?! Like, you know, assume Moles are hard-working gals and guys, enjoying giving to the community, and help build something greater than themselves?!; that sort of thing. Just curious.

And as if they need your oversight to get things done properly, LOL. No, really, LOL.

Seems is quite normal to assume they know it all. You'd be surprized on the number of issues i have found and reported. Again, many people here bashes against me without knowing.

• Haha 3

I kind of think at this point the best thing Patch and the moles can do is do whatever works best for them. There are advantages and disadvantages to the various way the homes can be released, and some ways will work better for some people, but nothing will satisfy all people all the time (oh, hi, Captain Obvious!), so they might as well do what they feel is best for them (and alongside that I can totally appreciate them needing to give the servers a rest, too).

I will say that for me personally, my preference is to see they continue with the small releases on specific days, because they do fill the demand, one step at a time, and they seem to create a bit of "churn" in the other days... 

And I love, love, love seeing how Bellisseria is developing - I think it gets just better and better; so that the next homes being released will have been so much wort the wait. But if what works best for them is to take the development work back to that continent far far away at the top of the map (or even on a closed server somewhere), then so be it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

And once again a perfectly lovely thread is derailed by... that thing.

Everything was fine until one of the forum knights decided to take the thread to once again throw some attacks at me, calling me disrespectfull and such.

Then the sisterhood, of course, follows.

Edited by Seba Serpente

Just speaking out loud to the general public here... not directed at any one person, place, or thing so as not be threatened with handcuffs... again... but, man, if I were a person who repeatedly gets told that they are a certain thing, or behave a certain way, I might start to believe the multiple people who are observing my behavior and telling me that thing.

It would certainly be cause for me to take a step back and embark on some serious self-reflection and introspection.

In case anyone... anyone... reading this might, perhaps, wish to take a step or six backwards and take a good, hard, look at themselves, I offer this short quiz as a way to start.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, EmmeElise said:

Dude. Every thread I've seen you in, you come across as though you're a self appointed overseer. News flash- if you hadn't caught errors, someone else would have. Really. Relax your sphincter and Let It Go.

Why not, it's a classic. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

The lack of empathy of those that already have a new Linden Home is alarming... does that get issued with the Homes? I agree it is just a pixel home but why should that devalue people feeling treated second class premium if they don't get one? They payed the same as you but don't get the same service.

I have another proposal: if it is really nothing worth worrying about as you all say - how about evicting everyone from their places again until there are enough for all? ... Oh you don't agree? Then please stop complaining that people worry about something as unimportant as a pixel home.

Most of us don't lack empathy for those without a home, but we do lack empathy for the desire to verbally abuse the Lindens and Moles over the process.  

Expressing frustration at a process is one thing.  Claiming that LL and the Moles are incompetent or intentionally creating scarcity and such is rude and attacking. 

Having empathy with someone doesn't mean not saying anything when they are being rude or acting like children.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, EmmeElise said:

Dude. Every thread I've seen you in, you come across as though you're a self appointed overseer. News flash- if you hadn't caught errors, someone else would have. Really. Relax your sphincter and Let It Go.

I am not surprized, at all, that saying something on this forum that might fog the perfect ideal of moles and lindens, is heavilly critized. Wherever there is a strong fan movement, there will be resistance to negativity. I am not self appointed nothing. I find problems while minding my own things, I communicate them, and as Abnor once said, I lobby them if I want to.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Claiming that LL and the Moles are incompetent or intentionally creating scarcity and such is rude and attacking. 

Not everyone they attacked did that, sorry that simply is not true. 

4 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

I am not surprized, at all, that saying something on this forum that might fog the perfect ideal of moles and lindens, is heavilly critized. Wherever there is a strong fan movement, there will be resistance to negativity. I am not self appointed nothing. I find problems while minding my own things, I communicate them, and as Abnor once said, I lobby them if I want to.

Let me begin by giving you a smile, a genuine, warm and friendly smile.

Then let me say that I have zero illusions about human perfection,as we are all part of that gloriously imperfect collective. 

Perhaps private messages to the Moles would have been more apropos rather than self aggrandizement in a public forum? Pushing them to form long and lengthy responses to publicly defend themselves? I mean really, I'd love to see things your way...

I'm just not that flexible^^.

Have a day,friend:)

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.