When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Elyeah said:

Looks like a nice spot by the river. Judging by the map, this is yours. I have a traditional in Toad Hollow.

Toad Hollow.png

Yeah that's a keeper. There's also a dirt road behind it. Was trying to find the right angle to make a shot of it, when I noticed someone beat me to it. Trees are a little thick along the other side of the river - which enhances it. Lots of space around you, neighbors so far are doing a good job with their builds.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah that's a keeper. There's also a dirt road behind it. Was trying to find the right angle to make a shot of it, when I noticed someone beat me t it. Trees are a little thick along the river - which enhances it. Lots of space around you, neighbors so far are doing a good job with their builds.

That was my alt's parcel - I'd only gone premium on that account for a month to grab the content packs for HBs and campers, and to see what the campers were like. It's a truly lovely location which I returned a couple of weeks ago when the account was about to go back to Basic. It changed hands twice in 24 hours. I think it's definitely a keeper for anyone who wants a camper near water; it looks good with lots of wild grasses and wildflowers! (The grasses and bushes to the right were my additions; there's a Mole-built bush with lilac flowers and butterflies on the other side by the rocky outcrop.)

Rlo_ToadHollow_frontdoor_001.png

Edited by Alumna Cornell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

So if and when they do a release today there will be no big rush to get the homes. ;)

.... everyone is waiting ... everyone catches his breath ...

even though there will be no newtheme- release tomorrow only showing us!

I think they will go fast enough. Not many follow the forum or read the official blog. I hope LL will give us some notice on when they start releasing the new theme. I hope for peace and no stress for Christmas and New Year.

I am 99% certain I will try for the new style. But I don't look forward to the hype and tension.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am 99% certain I will try for the new style. But I don't look forward to the hype and tension.

When the first homes came out, was there a notable delay between when the themes were revealed and when they showed up for claiming?

Hopefully we will get some time to run around the sims and see what we think.

Hopefully claiming won't begin until a few days after new years at the soonest, but not much later either... :)

It'd have to be pretty amazing for me to give up my houseboat, but my alt's traditional could get tossed with ease unless the new theme just isn't my thing.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Quick note to Sandflea residents: homes might not show up, just click on the post (sorry if it's called sth else, I'm not a native speaker!!), and the camper will show up

That was the case with me! But when I clicked the lifesaver it showed up.

It is quite a pleasant location. Sand in the back and I can see a lighthouse in the distance

I will decide tomorrow whether I'll give it up or rather my other boat in Floaton. That is quite near a lighthouse but it is behind my back on another region - and the LAG is somewhat awfull.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

That must have gone really fast.  Nothing showing up now

It'd s mostly open water sim. But the sims often go pretty fast and then over the rest of the first 2 days get a few abandons as people change their minds. One of the plots there is WAS already on it's at least second THIRD owner, and is currently abandoned.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

will there be anything else and tomarrow  will anyting be released  ?

No idea about timing.  Probable next regions for release include Twofer and Comfort, both mostly sandy campers, with a few parcels on the fringe of green on the east sides of those regions.

• Like 2

When the first homes came out, was there a notable delay between when the themes were revealed and when they showed up for claiming?

Hopefully claiming won't begin until a few days after new years at the soonest, but not much later either... :)

It'd have to be pretty amazing for me to give up my houseboat, but my alt's traditional could get tossed with ease unless the new theme just isn't my thing.

It is buried in the long SSP thread. But if I remember right, it was previews in early March and release April 15th? So 5 weeks?

The official announcement about the release was just a few hours before, if I remember correct.

In theory, they can be released before Christmas. The first, and biggest release, was just before Easter. Easter vacation had started in my country. I was not up in the RL cabin because of back pain, the cabin can not be reached by car. So I snagged a house for me, and a boat for my alt on the release day.

I think I have to prepare for both first release before Christmas or first release in January, a 50/50 bet. We don't know if they will have a slow release of regions every day, or a few bigger releases of multiple regions.

So many questions....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is buried in the long SSP thread. But if I remember right, it was previews in early March and release April 15th? So 5 weeks?

The official announcement about the release was just a few hours before, if I remember correct.

In theory, they can be released before Christmas. The first, and biggest release, was just before Easter. Easter vacation had started in my country. I was not up in the RL cabin because of back pain, the cabin can not be reached by car. So I snagged a house for me, and a boat for my alt on the release day.

I think I have to prepare for both first release before Christmas or first release in January, a 50/50 bet. We don't know if they will have a slow release of regions every day, or a few bigger releases of multiple regions.

So many questions....

The very first release in April and the second (Squishy Pickle) in May are history. Since then they gained skill and experience. So best compare it with the campers release.  I kept a diary ... cited it in the SSP thread ... with the campers it was like this:

... about the SLB16 Party: It was 20th June at 10:00 SLT I could make the first picture!
.... and MUCH later! Monday 16th of September at 8:00 SLT that the camper regions arose from the abyss to be seen and another day later at 12:50 SLT my alt grabbed the first camper.  ....

But this time Patch has been quoted to have said in chat it would be only a few days between seeing the new theme and getting it. ... We'll have to wait and see! My best bet would be a release well before Christmas.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I kept a diary ... cited it in the SSP thread ... with the campers it was a long time

It was.  BUT ... it was not a long time between when the Campwich area appeared done on the SSP (prototype) continent and when they released.  South Belli looks pretty dang far along.  I'm with Marianne - I think a release of some of the new theme could even be before Christmas, or early January.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The original release was April 15th.  The Squishy Pickle released on May 15th.  If they release the new theme on Dec 16th, the first day after the Christmas Expo closes, then they'll have a week to work out issues before folks start taking off for their Christmas vacations.

If if it going to be before Christmas, I sure can't see it happening any later than the 18th or 19th.  If LL is like most companies I've worked for, there will be lots of people out of the office starting the 23rd and continuing until at least Jan 2nd.  Therefore, I'm not sure they'd have a full crew available for doing a release of something brand new during that time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The original release was April 15th.  The Squishy Pickle released on May 15th.  If they release the new theme on Dec 16th, the first day after the Christmas Expo closes, then they'll have a week to work out issues before folks start taking off for their Christmas vacations.

If if it going to be before Christmas, I sure can't see it happening any later than the 18th or 19th.  If LL is like most companies I've worked for, there will be lots of people out of the office starting the 23rd and continuing until at least Jan 2nd.  Therefore, I'm not sure they'd have a full crew available for doing a release of something brand new during that time. 

I think it looks like a very short time frame before Christmas. But now they are so experienced, that's why I say it's odds of 50/50 .

Has anyone thought of the possibility of a release before the Christmas Expo closes? Is totally out of the question?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Has anyone thought of the possibility of a release before the Christmas Expo closes? Is totally out of the question?

Been thinking that ,,, look at the wonderful surprise  this past Friday ,,,,   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.