Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Abandoning a camper in one minute, Crawdad Inlet!...I have now burned 2 tries getting the SAME parcel, an hour apart!

(Apparently in "maintenance" for now, 8 minutes later...watch me get it a THIRD time today!...lol)

Edited by BadDog Rumble
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

So how does it work. They release batches of home every day as far as I understand plowing trough pages of information. But they have themes for each batch?  So like now all you get are campers, and maybe next week its traditional home, the next house boats? Or is it completely random?

After days of refreshing my browser at work I managed to get a traditional home, but did not match with my decoration wishes. I really like a certain houseboat model so I released my traditional home. Just so far all I have seen in more days of refreshing are campers and occasionally a traditional home again.

And am I screwed due to my EU timezone in the release moments?

16 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

So how does it work. They release batches of home every day as far as I understand plowing trough pages of information. But they have themes for each batch? 

First:  You can change the model of houseboat (or camper, or traditional) on any parcel using the parcel controller.  In the case of houseboats, that's a lifesaver on a post.  For a house, it's the mailbox.  For a camper, it's a little wooden sign.

Second: They release one or two regions a day, nowadays.  Most regions have about 20 homes, sometimes fewer.  The region may be all one type of home, or may be a mixed bag of types - just depends on the geography.  The last few releases have been in an area that's mostly campers and traditionals.  There are a couple of houseboat regions ready to go, though.

Third:  Regions are usually released between 7:30AM and 3 PM (15:00)  SLT.   Once a region is released, all parcels are generally taken in a couple minutes.  BUT, many of those parcels will be abandoned quickly.  It can pay to continue to refresh for half an hour or so after a release.  A person who's looking for a boat may give up an excellent house.  Or a person who got the sand camper of their dreams may give up one in a forest with water on 3 sides.  Particularly this month, when some people are giving up parcels they've had for months to prepare for a new theme, you may see some excellent homes abandoned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thanks. So I should focus around my end of work/diner time then. Refreshing during my work day is midnight/very early morning in SLT so probably not really useful except maybe a few people that might abandon a home randomly.

• Like 1

Got to say waiting for the release  of homes campers boats  the daily watch  is like waiting for a baby to be born,,,,,,  do not get me wrong its all good ,,, just saying 

• Like 1

So far  nothing but there is someone who has a skybox very low and needs to move it to the correct level ,,,

am editing  as  a few minutes ago they moved it .   

ok they just moved it ,,, thank you  for moving it to the correct placement  

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 2

It is easy to get your limit in 5 abandons per day, when you get the same parcel 2 or 3 times in that day! That would be my only complaint in the system, is how to NOT grab the same parcel later in the day after they release it from maintenance...It burns your good faith attempts at getting something closer to what you are looking for. Other than that it is fun trying!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, roseelvira said:

so what  time frame will we need to be watching for?

Difficult to tell ... these are the times SLT of the releases of the last two weeks:

07:20
08:40
10:09
10:23
10:34
11:35
11:37
12:35
12:44
13:07
14:02

So from 7:00 am t0 2:00 pm is a likely time ... most likely from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm

4 minutes ago, BadDog Rumble said:

It is easy to get your limit in 5 abandons per day, when you get the same parcel 2 or 3 times in that day! That would be my only complaint in the system, is how to NOT grab the same parcel later in the day after they release it from maintenance...It burns your good faith attempts at getting something closer to what you are looking for. Other than that it is fun trying!

To avoid that I usually linger next to the parcel and click the land from time to time till it is taken. Then sometimes even talk to the new owner and ask if he'll keep it. Some people here found that obnoxious - I do not really understand why so I keep on doing it.

• Like 1

the other thing you can do is when you get your parcel click profile and fav ,,,, now when you abandon and you tp away from there and you can even check it the next day to make sure its now in matinance and you enf up getting it again  you can click that landmark and it will show the new tille  or owner  that now have it  thought it is still in your landmarks as you names it and you can see if its in matinance without standing there it will say linden home  if in matinance  ,,,,  hope this help. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

To avoid that I usually linger next to the parcel and click the land from time to time till it is taken. Then sometimes even talk to the new owner and ask if he'll keep it. Some people here found that obnoxious - I do not really understand why so I keep on doing it.

I have tried that but sadly enough I don't always have the time to do that consistently. As the Lindens look to increase the premium membership numbers hopefully they will tweak the system to allow modifications to their Linden Land acquisition policies, as it seems there are droves of us looking for the newer and "nicer" parcels....Be it Houseboats, Campers , etc..Abandon limits are a bit archaic at this point as they fire up the new releases more often (My own humble opinion)...I will not give up, and will keep on plugging...lol.

• Like 4

Pugwash released.

Found out more or less by chance - logged in there ... camper is owned ...

They kept to the sequence ... next one (tomorrow) will be ...

SSPE275    Sandflea ... campers and some houseboats

though I might be wrong there for there arent all the campers there up to now.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hovering over molehills around Sandflea and neighboring sims.  What does a big red outline around the sim mean as opposed to the big yellow outline?  Inquiring minds want to know....

• Thanks 1

So if and when they do a release today there will be no big rush to get the homes. ;)

.... everyone is waiting ... everyone catches his breath ...

even though there will be no newtheme- release tomorrow only showing us!

• Like 2

I finally landed something that looks halfway decent in Toad Hollow, and I'm at work in Lumiya and can't see the parcel! 

Anyone have a camper in that area by chance? I was thinking about giving it a shot for today's release, bit if this fits my needs why bother!

Screenshot_20191204-101708_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BadDog Rumble said:

I finally landed something that looks halfway decent in Toad Hollow, and I'm at work in Lumiya and can't see the parcel! 

Anyone have a camper in that area by chance? I was thinking about giving it a shot for today's release, bit if this fits my needs why bother!

Screenshot_20191204-101708_Chrome.jpg

Looks like a nice spot by the river. Judging by the map, this is yours. I have a traditional in Toad Hollow.

Toad Hollow.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1