When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

part of the ridge and there is still another big open red square  on top of the other part  i am so confused as to how all this works ,,,, and all i kept getting was the older generation on my page  sigh ,,,,  its ok a house poped up but said sold out ,,,,   but its all good ,,, what will be will be ,,,,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DellaLaBella said:

There's an entire thread on the issue here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/445174-snow-add-on/

I just read through that thread on snow (thanks for including it), but it does not address whether adding snow is going to happen Linden side OR if residents are going to be allowed to put add ons in Bellessaria. Patch Linden, and it is only a Linden who can make the decision all of the rest of the comments were just opinion, did write in that thread that they will consider the topic of resident add ons. This is all that was said from Patch Linden: "For the rest of you discussing this topic, we're thinking through how to handle this.  It seems we will obviously have to put up some guardrails on this matter to keep things in check.  This will probably include some of the ideas we've seen here.  We'll be back with an update once we've decided on a direction."

Meanwhile, it is good to remember what others said in that thread: Bellessaria is not Mainland where "anything goes." Bellessaria has rules of what can and cannot be done there.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

part of the ridge and there is still another big open red square  on top of the other part  i am so confused as to how all this works ,,,, and all i kept getting was the older generation on my page  sigh ,,,,  its ok a house poped up but said sold out ,,,,   but its all good ,,, what will be will be ,,,,

Just keep an eye on this thread for tips on the next release date, and you will get one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Thank you !    Will there be one more release for today ?  

Unlikely. There have already been two sims released today. It is also rare for them to release over a weekend. (Not sure they ever have, someone else probably knows.) BUT, there are always abandoned places here and there, 24/7.  That's how I picked up the houseboat just a little while ago.

• Like 1

So, several times tonight, I've come upon a Traditional home and click to claim it. (I don't really want a house, but I haven't seen a houseboat in a literal week of Linden House Roulette.) But by the time I click the tickybox on the second page, I get a message saying that home is sold out. Is someone else being offered the same parcel at the same time?

Edited by Blaise Glendevon

Yes, Blaise.  So it really is a race - the one you see is not being held for you.  But if you miss it, it may not be because you've been particularly slow, it may be that you happened to find it a few seconds after it became available, and it showed up on someone else's screen before you even saw it.

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I just read through that thread on snow (thanks for including it), but it does not address whether adding snow is going to happen Linden side OR if residents are going to be allowed to put add ons in Bellessaria. Patch Linden, and it is only a Linden who can make the decision all of the rest of the comments were just opinion, did write in that thread that they will consider the topic of resident add ons. This is all that was said from Patch Linden: "For the rest of you discussing this topic, we're thinking through how to handle this.  It seems we will obviously have to put up some guardrails on this matter to keep things in check.  This will probably include some of the ideas we've seen here.  We'll be back with an update once we've decided on a direction."

Meanwhile, it is good to remember what others said in that thread: Bellessaria is not Mainland where "anything goes." Bellessaria has rules of what can and cannot be done there.

In the citizens chat he also expanded to say that the trees and land textures can't change and that there may be some kind of time limit on the seasonal decorating to come - more importantly though I think it is stressed that they are obviously working out what to do and they need more time to come up with best solution for everyone. 

Also pointed to the fact that they can concentrate on building new homes and regions or focus on sorting out the seasons - well you can guess what was the more popular option. There are thousands of us and not that many of them :)

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Ah, backyard to the lake?

I have 2 in Hammond.... I have to admit. One in my name and one in 32 Hammond Park (parcel name)

Fate. I must remember to give thanks to Fate.

No lake at the back I am bordered by Verdant Falls and houses but I was really happy to see that the house faces the sea and the sunset! Gives me a great  feeling in a place. I was really impressed with the landscaped parcels at Calleya as well I almost kept one there but  I did originally start this journey to get from inland to the coast (no sand). The more houses I see the more importance I think there is for people to settle and create a home and neighbourhood yet that is quite difficult as these tempting builds keep coming up and then there is new theme also... !! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Better take a look at Tickle Ridge too .

.. that is what the Ancestors predict. They tell me I will NOT get the roast chicken!!

9 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

Tickle Ridge released, I think

Well never trust MY prophecies!! The Ancestors got the chicken after all! ;)

.... and the Joker Permaglow is still up their sleeves!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

Congrats!  I am thinking of letting mine go, I don't love it.

That house was one of my top three on the wishlist in Hampton Park! See how different we are, that is an excellent example for people who don't understand why some houses are abandoned. I am now very happy with what I got, even if it wasn't one of the three.

• Like 3

ok now i a really mad at myself ,,,, i finally got a trad home ,,, and when i saw it on the page a bit in shock and just typed in any letters   because i was told i could change the name later ,,, so i landed got  into the house and  did the mailbox thing looking at all the models   walk around it  the usual    ,,, well  i go to change the name on the about land thinggy and once again i did not have my contacts in and squinting  and hit the abandon button ,,,,,, omg ,,,,, so from now on when i get another home  i will make sure contacts are in ,,,,, it was an abandon i think why i got it  late  so  and i founf out that also to chage the name from jumble of letters i typepd   to quickly name it   to get to the accept button quickly   if i do the profile tab edit  instead of the about home with the abandon button  ,,,, it will change it   who knew ,,,, still learning so  at least i had one for a  brief bit of time ,,, but it was all good ,,,,   so we will see what next week brings  . hugs hugs hugs 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

26 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

ok now i a really mad at myself ,,,, i finally got a trad home ,,, and when i saw it on the page a bit in shock and just typed in any letters   because i was told i could change the name later ,,, so i landed got  into the house and  did the mailbox thing looking at all the models   walk around it  the usual    ,,, well  i go to change the name on the about land thinggy and once again i did not have my contacts in and squinting  and hit the abandon button ,,,,,, omg ,,,,, so from now on when i get another home  i will make sure contacts are in ,,,,, it was an abandon i think why i got it  late  so  and i founf out that also to chage the name from jumble of letters i typepd   to quickly name it   to get to the accept button quickly   if i do the profile tab edit  instead of the about home with the abandon button  ,,,, it will change it   who knew ,,,, still learning so  at least i had one for a  brief bit of time ,,, but it was all good ,,,,   so we will see what next week brings  . hugs hugs hugs 

Yes, it is a tricky game when you don't have contacts. You don't have a cheap pair of glasses?

You're not the first I read about who abandoned by a mistake. You do get up a window and have to click accept. I assume you thought it was to accept name change. There are no such new window for that, only for abandon.

If you are really fast, you can go to the page where you select homes and see if you can get the abandoned back. In the slow weekends, an abandon can hang in the system a long time. Turn on your autorefresh again.

There are some abandons during the weekend. Next time, luck!

• Like 2

maybe they can do a are you sure you want to abandon button like they do when you are deleting objects ,,,,  just a thought ,,,, but its ok ,,,, what will be will be .  But its all good and now reading more about stuff i never knew   in sl . wow !!! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

I did that once. Could have kicked myself. It's the sort of mistake you only do once. Good luck with picking up another x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.