When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Your house backs the lake. I think you will love it. It was one of my favorites. I ended up in one of the five ones I wanted, not in the top three. That would be too lucky.

I am glad I had an alt. Someone abandoned Nicholasville houses. I got both of them.

So glad you have got one of your favourites.  Are you retiring now?  I am!  The parcel is more open than I would have chosen but I can work round that, and I really can't complain, and doubt I could get better.   Sea AND lake views, I just need to add some trees lol.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IIINADIANNEIII said:

i have a question,is there a limit of how many homes you can abandon in a period of 24 hours? someone asked me this as they keep getting something saying you have reached the amount of home ownership please try again in 24 hours...so thought i'd ask here

5, but staggered so whatever time you abandon a house, 24 hours later you can try again, and so on.  So you will only wait a full 24 hours without a go if you abandoned all 5 in quick succession. 

I know this because as a complete geek I have kept a spreadsheet of all my tries so I know when I can try again 😀

Edited by ZsaZsaZahira
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IIINADIANNEIII said:

i have a question,is there a limit of how many homes you can abandon in a period of 24 hours? someone asked me this as they keep getting something saying you have reached the amount of home ownership please try again in 24 hours...so thought i'd ask here

You have 5 abandons a day. It resets at the time the next day that you abandoned your first the previous day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

5, but staggered so whatever time you abandon a house, 24 hours later you can try again, and so on.  So you will only wait a full 24 hours without a go if you abandoned all 5 in quick succession. 

I know this because as a complete geek I have kept a spreadsheet of all my tries so I know when I can try again 😀

4 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

You have 5 abandons a day. It resets at the time the next day that you abandoned your first the previous day.

thank you both,i wasn"t sure what the answer was so didn't want to answer before getting advice from the more knowledgeables here :)...so you can try again from 24 hours from the first abandon home and not the last one?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IIINADIANNEIII said:

thank you both,i wasn"t sure what the answer was so didn't want to answer before getting advice from the more knowledgeables here :)...so you can try again from 24 hours from the first abandon home and not the last one?

Yes the first one, then 24 hours after the time of your second abandon, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

Yes the first one, then 24 hours after the time of your second abandon, etc.

oh ok,so that makes it hard if someone abandonned 5 times in a row pretty close together,the problem is that ppl try to get a home especially around release times and since you can't see what the location is you grab it and realize that it wasnt part of the release and if you wait to long and you notice the release hit off you might be to late to try ...so its very touchy and because of that ppl tend to try for a while before the release actually hit with the chance of getting 5 then losing out on the release...wish we knew when release times are so you can try closer to it

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

So who here got Hammond Park?  Was a bit disappointed not to see any recognisable names on my radar.

Marianne got one on an alt. I had been waiting for Hammond but got a spot next to the river on Bandit a few days ago, so I let Hammond go.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Glad to know this. I tossed my houseboat back into the Bellessaria waters today. I just wasn't fond of being on that little island full of nothing but houseboats. Today for the first time I browsed the properties that came up on the endless clicking. I really want another houseboat (and saw some locations I would die for), but I thought I'd take a look at the homes and campers that came up. SURPRISE! I got the "hit your limit" message. I had no idea. I'm glad to learn it is 24 hours from the first release, as my abandons were scattered throughout the day.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

So who here got Hammond Park?  Was a bit disappointed not to see any recognisable names on my radar.

Weeeel, I got one of the few not particularly special spots in Hammond, abandoned & got a landlocked abandon in Bellaire (still during the release wtf PEOPLE lol), abandoned then got locked out (only had 1 premium to play with, and had gotten a couple during the Nicholasville this morning, & prolly one yesterday afternoon).

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Weeeel, I got one of the few not particularly special spots in Hammond, abandoned & got a landlocked abandon in Bellaire (still during the release wtf PEOPLE lol), abandoned then got locked out (only had 1 premium to play with, and had gotten a couple during the Nicholasville this morning, & prolly one yesterday afternoon).

haha I got eaten too then, Nika!  I knew Hammond park would be released while I had to work this afternoon.  and I kept getting nicholasville this morning and somewhere else and somewhere else... and well.. tomorrow's a new day!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well I hope tomorrow is a better hunting day for you, and you find your perfect spot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

Well I hope tomorrow is a better hunting day for you, and you find your perfect spot.

Thank you, but please don't be concerned by any little tale of hunting travail I may post :)  I want to reassure newer hunters that nowadays I think it's almost impossible to spend much time hunting and NOT find something really nice.  I hunt only occasionally now, mostly for curiosity and the joy of the catch.  I sometimes share some of that joy when I post pics here of properties we're abandoning. 

We (my partner and I) have more than one lovely parcel that we're taking our time with at the moment, including one camper that some mole must have been in a quirky mood while making.  Occasionally I share our pleasure in one of the "pictures" threads, and I really love seeing everyone's creations there :)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Finally!

Glad I can go back to a normal life.

My alt got the one on the corner with sea view.

Congratulations @Marianne Little!!

I am so happy you got one! I know how you have been waiting and hoping for it soooo long and....  knowing that for you (and me) this release has happened just before midnight ... and knowing about your health issues ... I was sure you would have missed out. I did, I was asleep, but I don't care because I have my ideal Axim lot and was not really keen on Hammond Park.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

Sounds a bit misleading. If I got it right each time you APPLY for a house (not abandon one) they check for how many you GOT (after abandoning the last one) within the last 24 hours and if that is more than 5 they block you.

For example if I ... abandon and after that CATCH another ... Monday 8:00 ... 10:00 ... 15:00 ... 20:00 ... 23:00 ...they will let me abandon the fith home but when I apply again 23:10 for another one tell me NO!!. If I try again Tuesday 8:15 they let me but if I abandon that 8:30 (I CAN) and try again 8:40 they'll block me till 10:10 and so on.

Did I get that right? It only happened to me ONCE in April 15th during the first release. So I cannot know exactly. After that I made so many alts premium ... and it got so difficult to catch anything at all ... that it never happened again. ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus

9 hours ago, IIINADIANNEIII said:

oh ok,so that makes it hard if someone abandonned 5 times in a row pretty close together,the problem is that ppl try to get a home especially around release times and since you can't see what the location is you grab it and realize that it wasnt part of the release and if you wait to long and you notice the release hit off you might be to late to try ...so its very touchy and because of that ppl tend to try for a while before the release actually hit with the chance of getting 5 then losing out on the release...wish we knew when release times are so you can try closer to it

That is exactly the problem with people who cast off their unwanted homes SHORT before they expect the next release. If I want to take part in a Monday release, why not get rid of my old home on Sunday? Or if I aim at a Tuesday release why not abandon the old one on Monday AFTER the last release any time between Monday 3pm SLT and Tuesday 6am SLT???

That would be better both for me and all the others who otherwise spend their allowance and time tossing my unwanted home like a ball from one to the next expecting this might be the release!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Congratulations @Marianne Little!!

I am so happy you got one! I know how you have been waiting and hoping for it soooo long and....  knowing that for you (and me) this release has happened just before midnight ... and knowing about your health issues ... I was sure you would have missed out. I did, I was asleep, but I don't care because I have my ideal Axim lot and was not really keen on Hammond Park.

Thanks! I was not enthusiastic about it for the last week plus these 2 days. That feeling was replaced with stubbornness, I should be the last one standing there. This crazy waiting game lasted too long. It was ridiculous. It was also ridiculous of me to grind my teeth and keep hanging on. I am an adult and what I do is my responsibility. So I am taking a break until I am feeling exited or happy about going there again.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Sounds a bit misleading. If I got it right each time you APPLY for a house (not abandon one) they check for how many you GOT (after abandoning the last one) within the last 24 hours and if that is more than 5 they block you.

For example if I ... abandon and after that CATCH another ... Monday 8:00 ... 10:00 ... 15:00 ... 20:00 ... 23:00 ...they will let me abandon the fith home but when I apply again 23:10 for another one tell me NO!!. If I try again Tuesday 8:15 they let me but if I abandon that 8:30 (I CAN) and try again 8:40 they'll block me till 10:10 and so on.

Did I get that right? It only happened to me ONCE in April 15th during the first release. So I cannot know exactly. After that I made so many alts premium ... and it got so difficult to catch anything at all ... that it never happened again. ;)

I'm sure there's some wavering with it, but when i'd asked in the citizens chat, one of the moles(or Lindens. It was a staff) said it's "rolling", so she said it's from the first abandon in the day. I've never caught homes in quick succession as any time i've had a rollover it'd usually be hours after that before i'd catch my new one. I mean certainly to be safe you can give it more room. Any time I was waiting for a release I would only use 2-3 abandons to make sure I had room to try the next day in case of any hiccups.

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That is exactly the problem with people who cast off their unwanted homes SHORT before they expect the next release. If I want to take part in a Monday release, why not get rid of my old home on Sunday? Or if I aim at a Tuesday release why not abandon the old one on Monday AFTER the last release any time between Monday 3pm SLT and Tuesday 6am SLT???

That would be better both for me and all the others who otherwise spend their allowance and time tossing my unwanted home like a ball from one to the next expecting this might be the release!

I have never understood why people abandon on the same day, either. By abandoning the same day, the house can remain in the pool, or be abandoned over and over and still be free come release time.. it's not impossible for you to possibly end up there again instead of that new release when it comes up.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

I'm sure there's some wavering with it, but when i'd asked in the citizens chat, one of the moles(or Lindens. It was a staff) said it's "rolling", so she said it's from the first abandon in the day. I've never caught homes in quick succession as any time i've had a rollover it'd usually be hours after that before i'd catch my new one. I mean certainly to be safe you can give it more room. Any time I was waiting for a release I would only use 2-3 abandons to make sure I had room to try the next day in case of any hiccups.

what happened was that she kept trying yesterday morning for a release but kept getting abandons and since the release was quite late yesterday she kept thinking she was getting a house from the release hoping it would be some of the areas she was hoping for but were only abandons but then one of the areas she wanted was Hammond Park but couldn't get any yesterday due to abandoning a few that morning....it's hard cause you don't want to miss a release but never sure on when it will release alls we know is it's usually in the morning so you keep trying...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IIINADIANNEIII said:

what happened was that she kept trying yesterday morning for a release but kept getting abandons and since the release was quite late yesterday she kept thinking she was getting a house from the release hoping it would be some of the areas she was hoping for but were only abandons but then one of the areas she wanted was Hammond Park but couldn't get any yesterday due to abandoning a few that morning....it's hard cause you don't want to miss a release but never sure on when it will release alls we know is it's usually in the morning so you keep trying...

Yeah, I understand it. That's the biggest reason why many of us were on Hammond Park for 2 weeks, to get an idea if it was being released. There are other ways of telling, but it's either no-life or timing oriented. For the last week or two I had announced in the citizens chat most of the regions that were being released right before they went. I was constantly clicking around the map at unreleased and named regions, and when i'd see the parcels named "Linden Home", that's how I knew things were coming up. I didn't do this yesterday though as I was busy playing catch-up on work I had to do that I couldn't(or rather didn't) because I was so busy watching for the things I wanted for the last couple of weeks.

That same habitual clicking of parcels is what had me catch the parcel I did elsewhere, and why I gave up on Hammond as my wants were fulfilled.

In the end it just means you will have to sacrifice some grabs if you are really waiting for something, and be diligent.

And it really sucks sometimes..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.