When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

52 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Sometimes I wonder if the hold on Hammond Park is because LL knows some active users have an interest in it, and that they share the often said opinion "it is unfair that some people can spend so much time in SL and therefore "grab"...."..

I think they "keep the best till last" simply because people like you or me - not interested in campers - would lose interest alltogether in the releases were there not one last filetpiece to long for. They do not get me with that though for I have realestate on the pickle far better (for MY taste and MY wishes) than Hammond Park. But there are lots of other people who would prefer Hammond Park to all the other ready and named unreleased regions.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I think they "keep the best till last" simply because people like you or me - not interested in campers - would lose interest alltogether in the releases were there not one last filetpiece to long for. They do not get me with that though for I have realestate on the pickle far better (for MY taste and MY wishes) than Hammond Park. But there are lots of other people who would prefer Hammond Park to all the other ready and named unreleased regions.

What is it about Hammond zpark that it's in such demand?  I've not seen it so am really curious.

10 minutes ago, AveryWitt said:

which begs the question..... there were many regions just to the north of Hammond Park that were pretty much exactly the same thing. Why did all of those release on a normal schedule?

Permaglow - on the NE corner - has also not been released.

Interesting -- Tipping Point has the red outline above it, but there are no houses or houseboats on the region.  It is just a water region.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Sometimes I wonder if the hold on Hammond Park is because LL knows some active users have an interest in it, and that they share the often said opinion "it is unfair that some people can spend so much time in SL and therefore "grab"....".

So they intend to release Hammond Park after the people "loitering around" with the intention of "unfairly grabbing" a house, is worn out.

Personally, I doubt that the timing has much to do with resident druthers, either inworld or in the forums.  We really have no way of knowing what influences timing - it could be something as obscure as the allocation of regions to servers.  Or maybe a desire for website traffic.   Or it could be some conspiracy-theory-esque influence being exerted by dark forces. 

But does it matter?  The actions of someone lurking for a specific region should be the same no matter what, as you know, Marianne!  If you're looking for a property in an unreleased region, refresh whenever you can, and use whatever intuition you have to inform your choices as to when you spend time on this.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

I would like to apologize if it has been a problem standing where I do.  I work full time during the day and log in using a phone app.  I only get to check on releases during a break or lunch.  By being on that area I can tell if it has been released by the fact it has logged me out letting me know to refresh if I am still in time.  Reading the chats or asking during those times if there has been a release somewhere else helps too.  And thank you to all who have answered me and to those who have kept the chats up to date... you all rock!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, I doubt that the timing has much to do with resident druthers, either inworld or in the forums.  We really have no way of knowing what influences timing - it could be something as obscure as the allocation of regions to servers.  Or maybe a desire for website traffic.   Or it could be some conspiracy-theory-esque influence being exerted by dark forces. 

If by "dark forces" you mean "@Patch Linden", you're probably correct. 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

What is it about Hammond zpark that it's in such demand?  I've not seen it so am really curious.

Well first it is HOUSES - no campers. Then it is one of the last two regions on the Pickle isle - an island with seaside atmosphere and beautiful landscaping that a lot of people like living on. Third it is beautyfully landscaped with rocks and water. I myself prefer real seashore parcels but a region inside of Pickle is the second best, better than on the mainland ... just a matter of personal taste of course,

30 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Abandoning house ( cornerlot) in 6 minutes - noon SLT in

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Limevale/239/167/34

image.thumb.jpeg.06225e7d185c14d0e81e6314550028e5.jpeg

PS: DONE and in "Maintainance" since 13 minutes!! ... still unclaimed! ... just NOW claimed at 12:18 SLT

i had this one earlier before Leora and just got it a second time.... I released it and a Jon something or other got it.... don't know if he kept it or not...

If it is any "benefit" from people watching the homes page, I don't know. It is not like I or anyone else will cave in and take a camper when it lingers 2 hours on the page. I never saw anyone post it in the inworld chat anyway.

There has been houses, I have even taken a few, because if the page lights up with houses, who knows? It can also be a great abandoned one. When a mixed region is released, the houses go in seconds, with the inevitable abandons when people see it isn't the region they hope for.

One of my first comments on Bellisseria in the first images of the continent, the part that was made first, was that it isn't enough inland water. I think LL has added a lot of water lately, and this in my opinion, is desirable.

We had two very popular beach regions Friday 18th, and a popular one, inland lake Gentle Grove, Mon 21th. And Whaleback the 22th. Since then it's been camper regions and camper regions with a few traditionals mixed in. Perhaps they found out it was too many popular regions released in a short time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TarraMcBain said:

I would like to apologize if it has been a problem standing where I do.  I work full time during the day and log in using a phone app.  I only get to check on releases during a break or lunch.  By being on that area I can tell if it has been released by the fact it has logged me out letting me know to refresh if I am still in time.  Reading the chats or asking during those times if there has been a release somewhere else helps too.  And thank you to all who have answered me and to those who have kept the chats up to date... you all rock!!!

Please don't say that. It has nothing to do with a release or not. It was a lot of people on other regions that has been released. They restart it if it's empty or full of people. Continue to do as you do. ❤️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Please don't say that. It has nothing to do with a release or not. It was a lot of people on other regions that has been released. They restart it if it's empty or full of people. Continue to do as you do. ❤️

exactly.... if they want you out of the region before they restart and release them they will kick you out or prevent you from going into it in the first place.... like they did with the first camper releases...

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well first it is HOUSES - no campers. Then it is one of the last two regions on the Pickle isle - an island with seaside atmosphere and beautiful landscaping that a lot of people like living on. Third it is beautyfully landscaped with rocks and water. I myself prefer real seashore parcels but a region inside of Pickle is the second best, better than on the mainland ... just a matter of personal taste of course,

Thanks, I understand it now, prob not my cup of tea with it being seaside, but they are all beautiful in there own way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AveryWitt said:

exactly.... if they want you out of the region before they restart and release them they will kick you out or prevent you from going into it in the first place.... like they did with the first camper releases...

Yes, indeed.  The camper regions were locked until ready for release.  Except for that odd moment ... remember?  Patch was in Belli chat positively BEGGING people to leave Limevale because they were trying to finish laying track or something.  Even in a region far far away from Belli, it made me curl my tail around myself and purr ... you need something from me, mouse?  Tell me more ....

*drops a just slightly evil cat wink*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZsaZsaZahira said:

Thanks, I understand it now, prob not my cup of tea with it being seaside, but they are all beautiful in there own way.

Seaside is just one part of its popularity. The inland of the isle is crisscrossed with streams, bridges and lakes. It was a lot of talk about regions like River Run, Sario and Esplin, people could not wait to try to get a house there. River Run sounds beautiful, right? The whole Pickle Isle is very well landscaped. Hammond Park and Permaglow is the last two regions.

Something about the placement of the houses in Hammond Park speak more to me than the houses in Permaglow.

Hammond Park is an address that appeal to the snob in me. 🧐 Maybe that's why. 😁 In Permaglow, I will need a garage filled with a jet engine, piles of circuit boards, enough automobile parts to build at least two cars, a short-wave radio, Seeburg jukebox, workbench with welding equipment, the remnants of a robot, a working refrigerator, and dozens of clocks. I must also wear a lab coat and have frizzy hair all the time.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.