When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

Since it's a new release, shouldn't you just abandon it right away without the announcement?  I don't understand the 25 minute wait.

Well first there is the realease ... and then there are those who abandon right away without annoncement - sort oft afterwave of release.

And then I announce at a certain time - so the people who missed ot and didn't notice in time can have one.

And I announce a certain time so the people who do NOT want this can pause for some minutes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well first there is the realease ... and then there are those who abandon right away without annoncement - sort oft afterwave of release.

And then I announce at a certain time - so the people who missed ot and didn't notice in time can have one.

And I announce a certain time so the people who do NOT want this can pause for some minutes.

Ah, makes sense.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Do we know if Steven Linden releases regions too? He is there with Whitney. Maybe he's there to learn how it is done, and so they release a new one together? One can just speculate.

When I saw him, he was standing at someone's trailer/camper with them as if he were fixing something (?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

A funny thing happened to me.

I took a trailer via auto-refresh, because I wanted the content pack. Textures are transfer, but things like lamps are no transfer. Rezzing in there, it looked so pretty that I thought: "I never really clicked with trailers, but this was a very nice place". I wanted to test if I could abandon it and grab it with an alt. So I did. It was hanging in Maintenance so long. The alt used up her 10 refreshes at least 4 times = refreshed the page 40 times. It still belonged to Governor Linden. Then she got a camper, and I thought yes, it went well. Just that it was another camper, what do you give me? 😋

I logged her in asap and she abandoned it, but then the first camper was taken. I will never dare to do it again. This camper was not important, but other land could be.

Good to know! Thank you for that experiment 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Though I have one very nice camper on the edge of the world I do not go in for campers generally.

But since yo never know what will be the next region released my alt just goes for whatever she can get ... and abandons.

WoW, if I had had that view, I would have never let my camper go!!! Mine was between two other campers and facing a cliff, so not my ideal location. Btw, I have that furniture set too and I love it hehehehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

WoW, if I had had that view, I would have never let my camper go!!! Mine was between two other campers and facing a cliff, so not my ideal location. Btw, I have that furniture set too and I love it hehehehehe

But you do know you can turn them around 180 degrees don't you?

• Like 1

I am after a house I really wish to keep. It might work against me. I have paid 2 year premium for this account, but maybe I would wish to have the new style in Mariannes name.

So the question it, keep Marianne free until something new is released? Log in my alt on the land pages today? I do not want to buy more premiums, tempting as it may be. Trying to abandon and catch between my avatars can be a risky game.

• Like 4

I think abandon and catch is very risky and probably most of the time unsuccessful. Someone here announced releasing a house in Deer Pass not long ago and I refreshed and clicked for nearly an hour. Nothing showed up. So I went to the house in Deer Pass and it was still with the Lindens. I had to give up and go to bed as I was just off night duty. I think it seems to vary greatly how long a house is released after abandoned. 

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am after a house I really wish to keep. It might work against me. I have paid 2 year premium for this account, but maybe I would wish to have the new style in Mariannes name.

So the question it, keep Marianne free until something new is released? Log in my alt on the land pages today? I do not want to buy more premiums, tempting as it may be. Trying to abandon and catch between my avatars can be a risky game.

If you really want a house in her name then there will come a point you have no choice but to use her to try for a house, come what may. If you're looking for a specific piece of land, as in a certain type like ocean side that is limited when compared to the number of in-land parcels then the window on those are closing (unless you wait for more to be made or try for one of the campers currently being built on the water's edge on the main continent of Bellisseria as we speak). Or of course you can just keep rolling the dice and hope to catch the perfect abandon. Stranger things have happened. You could catch your perfect lot and then the newest style of homes roll out and the process of catch and release starts all over again. Right now it's a risk we're all taking.

Out of curiosity, what type of land are you after?

Bottom line if you know what you want and you want it in Marianne's name then make her do the chasing. If you don't care which account has it then it doesn't matter who you log in. But if you do catch your perfect lot then your alt is still free to try for one of the new styles whenever they get here, without you risking a thing. if the alt does the hunting now and catches your perfect home then you may still be tempted to keep chasing with Marianne to get one in her name. It doesn't really solve your problem.

At the end of the day I think you need to ask yourself what you really want then you might have a better idea how to approach it.

Regarding catching between alts; I know you tried but I'd suggest (and I think others have to elsewhere on the forums) that doing so when a majority of SL is quiet (very early morning SLT) might be better than any time after 7:00am. That seems to be the time I start seeing more abandons pop up as people prepare for what they anticipate will be a region release for that day. Maybe you tried that, I don't know. It's the only thing I could think of since it's all a game of chance we really don't have control over.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.