The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

On 1/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

My home in Goodelli. the house is from Trompe L'oeil

Snapshot_001.png

I love your large trees. The one to the left and the one behind the house. Are they 30-40 Li or a lower number? I would like to buy them both. Or maybe they are the same tree, only rotated?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I love your large trees. The one to the left and the one behind the house. Are they 30-40 Li or a lower number? I would like to buy them both. Or maybe they are the same tree, only rotated?

Hoot, Not my place but those trees are by  Nadine Reverie - 3D trees is her business name. I love the banyan and the Olive tree by her. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/87763

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Owl Dragonash said:

Hoot, Not my place but those trees are by  Nadine Reverie - 3D trees is her business name. I love the banyan and the Olive tree by her. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/87763

I had no idea that "Banyan" was a tree name! 😄

By searching banyan on the Marketplace, I found lots, and even a lower Li one from Little Branch that look good. I want some exotic, not only palms.

Edited to add: What a disappointment with Little Branch! Their tree was 21 Li when I rezzed it, not 3-7 Li.

3D's Olive tree look good and only 6 Li in the mixed trees pack. Shopping!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I had no idea that "Banyan" was a tree name! 😄

By searching banyan on the Marketplace, I found lots, and even a lower Li one from Little Branch that look good. I want some exotic, not only palms.

3D's Olive tree look good and only 6 Li in the mixed trees pack. Shopping!

@Marianne Little I used the Banyan trees in this landscaping beach, the  photo is a little blurry but I LOve her trees.

Landscaping I am working on

• Like 13

I got a lot of entertainment out of this big house. Spending a lot of time decorating. What I have alredy done, can I take up or move around a bit. I even moved the whole house and garden up not more than 0.5 - 1 m because I saw something that I missed when I first set out the house. Yes, and I picked up the beach and put down a new one.

But the huge room marked as "Dining room" was not easy to fill, since I can not have giant sized furniture. I had to try a normal table and stretch it a bit, and have 8 dinner settings. And one part for music.

All the chairs, around the table and against the wall, is 1 Li each. I did not use as much Li as it can look.dining3_002.thumb.jpg.4a4dda691c07bb80d953fd810058f106.jpg

dining3_001.thumb.jpg.2f8161559a681897c1bcdb371ad216eb.jpg

• Like 19

20 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Eu tenho um monte de entretenimento desta casa grande. Passar muito tempo decorando. O que eu já fiz, posso pegar ou me movimentar um pouco. Eu até mudei toda a casa e o jardim para não mais de 0,5 - 1 m porque vi algo que perdi quando arrumei a casa pela primeira vez. Sim, e eu peguei a praia e coloquei uma nova.

Mas a enorme sala marcada como "Sala de jantar" não foi fácil de preencher, já que não posso ter móveis de tamanho gigante. Eu tive que tentar uma mesa normal e esticá-la um pouco, e ter 8 configurações de jantar. E uma parte para a música.

Todas as cadeiras, ao redor da mesa e contra a parede, custam 1 Li cada. Eu não usei tanto Li quanto parece.jantar3_002.thumb.jpg.4a4dda691c07bb80d953fd810058f106.jpg

jantar3_001.thumb.jpg.2f8161559a681897c1bcdb371ad216eb.jpg

this Palace is beautiful, I liked the worn textures on the ceiling and walls. Dinner with music seems like a perfect combination to receive friends.

• Like 2

It took me a while to find a house that would fit on a 1024 cliffside parcel in Westport, Sansara. The parcel is between the water and the road with neighbors on both sides.

I chose this Trompe Loeil Beach Cottage because of the window walls. When I set my graphics distance down low, the view to two sides is all water. When I want privacy, all the glass can be shuttered. 

The trees in the photos belong to the neighbors' parcels.

Westport house.jpg

Westport#3.jpg

Westporthouse#2.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
Words
  • Like 13

On 2/2/2022 at 4:09 PM, Rufferta said:

Levei um tempo para encontrar uma casa que caberia em um lote 1024 cliffside em Westport, Sansara. O pacote fica entre a água e a estrada com vizinhos de ambos os lados.

Escolhi este Trompe Loeil Beach Cottage por causa das paredes da janela. Quando eu destoo minha distância gráfica para baixo, a vista para dois lados é toda água. Quando eu quiser privacidade, todo o vidro pode ser fechado.

As árvores nas fotos pertencem aos pacotes dos vizinhos.

Westport house.jpg

Westport#3.jpg

Westporthouse#2.jpg

I have this house and have used it for some time on the mainland, I love the Trompe houses

• Like 4

On 1/7/2022 at 4:02 PM, Nando Yip said:

thank you @Cinnamon Mistwood

It's not a canvas, my land is on the edge of Route Eight, somebody bought the front land a few months ago and tore down a parking lot, a gas station, and some stores there, and put some towers, created a street, but without much care in finishing and then put the land up for sale again, it's been there all this time and I've never seen anyone there.
If you want to visit I leave the link here, my sites are always open, I never use any type of access restriction. feel free to visit.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Peraut/95/209/69

It will be there for a long while unless they bring the price down. The 16384m2 parcel is listed at L$2,499,995. Nobody is going to pay L$152/m2 for a roadside parcel on Satori.

10 hours ago, Zaphod Kotobide said:

It will be there for a long while unless they bring the price down. The 16384m2 parcel is listed at L$2,499,995. Nobody is going to pay L$152/m2 for a roadside parcel on Satori.

I totally agree with you, I don't understand the logic behind this type of advertisement, On the same Route 8, just yesterday, driving around, I found abandoned and excellent land, with access to the track, and of various sizes that anyone can claim.

• Like 1

This isn't a home, but it's a little pagan/fantasy community gathering-place to replace Chiaroscuro, which will be disappearing soon.

The stone circle is a dance area, and there's a little campfire with seating around it for people to gather and chat, and there's also a couple of sky platforms where I'll be putting themed party areas.

With special thanks to @Lewis Luminoswho owns the land and is letting me rent it for cheap.

51865925658_c1dd71cb59_b.jpg

51865925518_24c40e16d0_b.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Badger/98/171/113

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 16

17 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

This isn't a home, but it's a little pagan/fantasy community gathering-place to replace Chiaroscuro, which will be disappearing soon.

The stone circle is a dance area, and there's a little campfire with seating around it for people to gather and chat, and there's also a couple of sky platforms where I'll be putting themed party areas.

With special thanks to @Lewis Luminoswho owns the land and is letting me rent it for cheap.

51865925658_c1dd71cb59_b.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Badger/98/171/113

You've done a lovely job there Matti, it's beautiful. Do you fancy another little landscaping job? I have a 2048m parcel up the hill that's in need of some lovin'. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

You've done a lovely job there Matti, it's beautiful. Do you fancy another little landscaping job? I have a 2048m parcel up the hill that's in need of some lovin'. 

Thanks Lewis :) You got a deal.

• Like 1

I am slowly putting in furniture. I can not get finished with the garden, I make small or big changes every time I log in. Yesterday I noticed how little Li I had left. I did not put out so much more since last time I checked? I did an area search on me as owner, and sorted from highest Li objects on top. Lo and behold, I had copied the tiles and flowers (they're linked) not one time but twice! I was so lucky to get that search idea. I had fiddled around so much with the garden. When I had deleted 2 copies, I had 82 Li back. ☺️

bedroo_001.jpg

bedroo_003.jpg

bedroo_007.jpg

bedroo_011.jpg

• Like 15

I was so lucky to find the outdoor tiles at a 50% sale at DaD. I have never seen any of the DaD tiles before. Have you? The plates is premade with those uneven tiles. Blue and green colors is included in the pack. (Les Memoires) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/22318/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=tiles

I put a resizer in the different ones and sized them up 20%. I regret it a bit. Maybe I make another set with the original size, or 10% up. The largest plates went from 2 Li to 3 Li.

Or maybe I make a patio with blue colors. I can't seem to leave the patio alone, I go around there instead of finding indoor furniture. I pick up a plant and put down another, changes the trees or something else.

I am so glad I removed the garage and the default tiles. They were so high Li, that all the new tiles plus the plants is lower Li than the default tiles. The garage was in the corner where I have a sofa, the view against the lighthouse.

• Like 4

This is my first mainland property ever in all the years I've been off & on on SL. I was driving past it on sale for a while on Route 9A in Jeogeot but what made me buy it was actually the neighbor who did such an amazing job with landscaping. I decided to follow her theme and extend the rock landscape and waterfalls. I'm really big on being able to enjoy my SL home & environment even when I'm AFK (just listening to the sounds).

I'm still working on landscaping and decorating (purchased the lot 3 days ago) but really loving how it's coming along! Feel free to check out: you might see me dancing while making improvements LOL.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kot/26/120/57

The home is by Trompe Loeil.

frontextended_001.thumb.png.659ba73b55280d524e81ac14cdaef41a.png

frontviewangle_001.thumb.png.c1174316713fa35b1b42df0779d08877.png

blanketarea_001.thumb.png.fed4a35389d6f3c88dc494acc19c3a5d.png

diningroom_001.thumb.png.a5f923cf489355fea1d70e9b6ea84d60.png

pool_001.thumb.png.3184d87d93810010a6477505a1d30c7f.png

• Like 17