The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

I don't post these on Flickr, so they are a bit small. I am not 100% happy with them. Don't know why. I am always changing stuff, hoping it will look better. It is Roost's newest house.

The kitchen has a nice side room that was meant as a pantry. I put in washer/dryer instead.

Both bedrooms has closets/walk in wardrobe. The bedroom downstairs has large sliding doors to the terrace.

bedroom_003ed.thumb.jpg.595797ccf19ddd368867bcd84ea4495a.jpg

bedroom_004.jpg

bedroom_001.jpg

bedroom_002.jpg

bedroom_007.jpg

bedroom_005.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 21

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have never seen mainland so pretty. Are you sure it is not owned by someone who put smooth mesh over it?

Some of the land is owned (with towers of skydomes overhead) and some is Abandoned, but it's all the default land textures which are showing at Ground level.  It appears to be about 3 Regions in distance showing, including the one I stood on to take the photo which is about 50 m from the Region Border to the South. ♥

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I rented a double prim plot in Bay City, any I am having so much fun!!

All these prims. 😃😍🤩

And I still have 1200 - 1300 li to use on the inside. I am spoiled for ordinary prim land now.

I can not terraform in Bay City, but I put up a wall. It is only 3,3 m high, so I do not feel it is unreasonable. I know Bay City is supposed to be modern, but a neighbor is having a more countryside home, and it is a mix of different ones. And I can never use so many plants in another land with ordinary prim limit.

The terrain is edited up a bit like 2 m so I can build the pond, and dip down the terrain a bit to the lower part, so it is not all flat like a pancake. But still at least 1 m up. The land has a strange shape. It is 4 plots, and a part is triangular, where the pond is, and a part goes out on the other side. I placed the garage there (not shown). I was looking at these 4 plots for days. No one wanted to rent them, probably because of the odd form.

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I rented a double prim plot in Bay City, any I am having so much fun!!

All these prims. 😃😍🤩

And I still have 1200 - 1300 li to use on the inside. I am spoiled for ordinary prim land now.

I can not terraform in Bay City, but I put up a wall. It is only 3,3 m high, so I do not feel it is unreasonable. I know Bay City is supposed to be modern, but a neighbor is having a more countryside home, and it is a mix of different ones. And I can never use so many plants in another land with ordinary prim limit.

The terrain is edited up a bit like 2 m so I can build the pond, and dip down the terrain a bit to the lower part, so it is not all flat like a pancake. But still at least 1 m up. The land has a strange shape. It is 4 plots, and a part is triangular, where the pond is, and a part goes out on the other side. I placed the garage there (not shown). I was looking at these 4 plots for days. No one wanted to rent them, probably because of the odd form.

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

Beauty in Mainland

this looks so gorgeous!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Owl Dragonash said:

this looks so gorgeous!

Thank you, it is difficult for me to take pictures with depth of field. Maybe I stop doing it. I am not so good with setting the focus, even if I used "focus on cursor".

And I took many more pictures, because I took one, saw that hmm... maybe it should be a plant there? And put down more plants and took a new picture. Repeat.

I have a problem with restricting myself and let some parts be grass.

Behind the pool is a GTFO terminal, but it is low, and I haven't seen anybody around. Maybe it's not popular anymore. Of course I derender a bit, like a very ugly store. The Linden made parts that is set to full bright in the park next to me is worse. If I derender them, I can't see the sidewalk. Full bright... ☹️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nando Yip said:

I like the slightly hazy images, and the color palette, this garden is beautiful.

Good old mainland is as we make it. Pretty or not. I like this place because no one can block the view three ways, the water and two Linden roads. But it was a couple weeks before I paid the rental box. I wanted square land, like most do. But the only other one that came up, was in a place I really did not like.

The map must be updated very fast, because it show what I have made already. The pond is in the triangle, the pool is in the left corner down. I was very satisfied with myself when I thought out to place my garage in the small rectangle that point up in the top.

The big square next to it is a really ugly store, but it was fast to derender and blacklist. It was almost empty.

edgartown.jpg

• Like 3

Almost a month in at Umber I estimate that I have used about 3000 land impact on trees, rocks bushes and flowers :D.  My sim mate wanted more cohesiveness for the sim so I added land forms in the far back area to match his land texture (no personal land textures inherent on mainland).  I don't plan to go back there so that's fine with me.  

For the LIVING part of the ground level I worked on my landscaping skills -- and I can see a lot of improvement. I noted and remembered the landscaping that "worked" for me on rental houses and all of it included a LOT of intermingled plantings.   I added a cliff in back of my home base and retextured (quickly LOL and lazily in my graphics program) the exterior of some row houses.   

The row "apartments" share a patio in the middle and that is pretty much the extent of my planned decorating there.  

1537255431_rowhousesforums.thumb.jpg.00f54452227f97d40c021fe46a0147c4.jpg

On a photography note, I STILL miss Windlight. Some environments seem to work well and others I just can't capture them as well as I did in our OLD but tried and true system. My best photos have been with dark skies and facelights == which is kind of what I have complained about from the beginning.  I don't think we should have to work so hard to capture the actual llighting in "film". 

666875859_shareddiningforums.thumb.jpg.a1409895dfee3f3e93f73ae5ec3cfc6c.jpg

• Like 15

My new spot on that half finished continent that looks like a middle finger.

I picked up a 1024 on the coast 💜 

Now a drink and relax : ) 

Ps does anyone know the name of that continent?

turpentine.jpg

Edited by Owl Dragonash
spelling
  • Like 10

My current low LI build, needed to keep the resources for my loft in the skybox, and I've gone down from half a region to an 1120 parcel so my private room eats almost everything available to me here.

Have to keep the sugar growing, though, or I couldn't make more wine :PSnapshot_038.thumb.png.af5bc0b065c12c35b93dc790882c4be7.png

• Like 8

6 hours ago, BJoyful said:

It Gaeta I, according to this:

Continents.jpg

Ans in interesting Forum Topic here about the Gaetas:

No love for Horizons.  🙁.  I know we're not part of the Main mainland but sheesh, they include Zindra but not us?

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 1:07 PM, Rowan Amore said:

No love for Horizons.  🙁.  I know we're not part of the Main mainland but sheesh, they include Zindra but not us?

Carl Metropolitan made that map back in 2009 and it has been widely distributed. Note, though, that it doesn't include Bellisseria, either. Loren Fox has made many excellent maps free on the Marketplace https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mainland-Maps-RezZone-LandMarks-FinderHUD-MAREFI/20221306. Perhaps, when Bellisseria is finished, someone will make a new world map.

• Like 4