The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

5 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

What has become of my view at one of my waterfront properties, sigh. I can derender, obviously, but it makes you wonder what some people are thinking.

Snapshot_413.jpg

They're gonna have a fit if they ever find out you derendered their privacy screen.  "Stop looking at me!  Stop looking at me!  STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!"

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

What has become of my view at one of my waterfront properties, sigh. I can derender, obviously, but it makes you wonder what some people are thinking.

Snapshot_413.jpg

I’ve seen this from my own parcels from time to time. Usually they go once the owner has decorated their parcel. 🤞

• Like 4

Hey, speaking of derendering, how long do things stay derendered if you flag them for the blacklist?  I'm using Firestorm, and have a property that looks cruddy with all the surrounding junk of various neighbors, but fabulous after taking several hours to derender everything ugly in sight.  The next time I log in, several folks have either added more crud, or Firestorm is rendering stuff I know I derendered, such as parcel border barriers as above.

Derendering also seems to have a positive effect on fps.

Yuck.thumb.png.0eccd34eba491d42160e19a1d24bc51b.png

Yay_001.thumb.jpg.71e17577838beb53b63943e17ad42c57.jpg

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Hey, speaking of derendering, how long do things stay derendered if you flag them for the blacklist?  I'm using Firestorm, and have a property that looks cruddy with all the surrounding junk of various neighbors, but fabulous after taking several hours to derender everything ugly in sight.  The next time I log in, several folks have either added more crud, or Firestorm is rendering stuff I know I derendered, such as parcel border barriers as above.

Derendering also seems to have a positive effect on fps.

Yuck.thumb.png.0eccd34eba491d42160e19a1d24bc51b.png

Yay_001.thumb.jpg.71e17577838beb53b63943e17ad42c57.jpg

If you derender and add to the asset blacklist, they should stay derendered until you remove them. However, if the item you derendered is being deployed by a temp rezzer, then it will keep reappearing.

One way to speed up derendering is to go into edit mode, select one of the items, then drag your cursor to "lasso" a bunch of stuff that you can then derender all at once. It usually takes a few tries to get all the little bits and pieces, but definitely is faster than going one item at a time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Snapshot_413.jpg

That's a really poor way to treat that wonderful coastline!  They should sell those signs somewhere else, like on MP or something.  

😏

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Snapshot_413.jpg

Is that one of many obelisks in the background? I've had to derender a few, and they seem to be multiplying ☹️ 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, TlIIy said:

Is that one of many obelisks in the background? I've had to derender a few, and they seem to be multiplying ☹️ 

Yes! They are Army of the Sith Republic Memorial Obelisks, very tall, and there are a few on 16m parcels around the place, including one right next to my house that never used to be there. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Hey @Ingrid Ingersollans @Stephanie Misfit, how hard is it to get a parcel in Iris? You are renting?

I have a corner mainland with open sea to south and west that I am renting, but I am so unwell in RL that I can't enjoy it. I have not decorated the latest house. The only thing holding me back from leaving, is the thought that I can't get anything so good again when I feel more energetic.

Iris looks great.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Hey @Ingrid Ingersollans @Stephanie Misfit, how hard is it to get a parcel in Iris? You are renting?

I own land there. It is near to impossible to buy anything because so much of the sim is public preserve, land rarely becomes available and I was very lucky to pick mine up at an affordable price at the time. Ravenglass has some rentals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have a corner mainland with open sea to south and west that I am renting, but I am so unwell in RL that I can't enjoy it. I have not decorated the latest house. The only thing holding me back from leaving, is the thought that I can't get anything so good again when I feel more energetic.

Iris looks great.

I have managed to buy (and sell) parcels in Iris several times over the past years, but it's a matter of just patiently checking the map often to catch the rare parcel coming up for sale. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 3:51 AM, Marianne Little said:

Iris looks great.

Oh definitely send a message to Prokofy Neva, she can give you the list of the latest openings there. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 7:40 AM, Artair Glendullen said:

So uh. I may have scrapped the station idea. Instead, here's a few WIP shots of the cottage I'm working on instead. I'm also working on a custom EEP daycycle for it.

hw_007.png

Hey is this still up? Do you mind have visitors to it? Can you add a slurl to your post?

• Like 1