The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

I have changed the pool surround again. The Nimes pool from Apple Fall is discontinued now, I have not seen it on the MP or in the store for a long time. I bought it in a sale several years ago. It has too high land impact to be used most places.

You can see the original look here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/eleanora_dudarling/43232520455

And it is no room for furniture on the sides. So I built a cover for the pool and extended it to fill up the space, and since it is not allowed to terraform in Bay City, I added stairs.

The other picture is just a garden detail. I can't seem to do much inside, I only go and move things around in the garden. I have prims enough for adding more plants. It will be hell to adjust to fewer prims if I must.

nimes_002ed.jpg

nimes_005ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 12

that is absolutely beautiful.

The Nimes pool  was at the store as a freebie, (only the pool, not the gazebo) I have it and it is 49 LI I think. It was in one of the little boxes in the shelves at the landing point. Don't know if it is still there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

that is absolutely beautiful.

The Nimes pool  was at the store as a freebie, (only the pool, not the gazebo) I have it and it is 49 LI I think. It was in one of the little boxes in the shelves at the landing point. Don't know if it is still there.

UPDATE: I went to the store and got the pool. It looks identical, with the gazebo, but without the animations. Maybe AF has changed the contents. It is still 59 Li.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pool with the gazebo is 59 Li. I would think the gazebo had the majority of Li.

But this makes me think, if the freebie Nimes pool has the same good animations, they are in a small white prim at the bottom. Keep it linked to the water, and it can be lifted over in another low li pool.

I have not seen if my pool is adult or pg, but it is pretty for sure. I have only tested the single animations.

I am going to see if the freebie version is still possible to get. One can never have too much Apple Fall. 😉

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

UPDATE: I went to the store and got the pool. It looks identical, with the gazebo, but without the animations. Maybe AF has changed the contents. It is still 59 Li.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The pool with the gazebo is 59 Li. I would think the gazebo had the majority of Li.

But this makes me think, if the freebie Nimes pool has the same good animations, they are in a small white prim at the bottom. Keep it linked to the water, and it can be lifted over in another low li pool.

I have not seen if my pool is adult or pg, but it is pretty for sure. I have only tested the single animations.

I am going to see if the freebie version is still possible to get. One can never have too much Apple Fall. 😉

Nope, I'm inworld and checked mine it, yes it has the gazebo, it was some time ago and I forgot, no animations. 

Snapshot_113.png

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

As Apple decided to offer the pool for free, he explained he had to remove the animations in order to do so because they had been made by someone else for a collaboration. So Apple could only offer his own work for free. That's why the pool available as a freebie in the store has no animations anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

As Apple decided to offer the pool for free, he explained he had to remove the animations in order to do so because they had been made by someone else for a collaboration. So Apple could only offer his own work for free. That's why the pool available as a freebie in the store has no animations anymore.

Yes that's a good reason. It is still a great freebie. Apple Fall has had so many sales, I am glad I got the pool with animations in a sale, even if I thought "59 Li? I can never use that!" 😶 Sometimes stuff bought on sale comes in handy....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

You are so talented! I need to get you to decorate my… well… everything. Haha :)

It is very easy in 3 steps:

• Put in a lot of plants
  • Put in as much Nutmeg furniture as it is room for
  • Top with some other furniture and cram in decor

Sit and admire it while waiting for the last grey textures to clear up so you can take pictures! 🤨

Yes Nutmeg is over the top in textures. Most of it.

But it is lovly....

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is very easy in 3 steps:

• Put in a lot of plants
  • Put in as much Nutmeg furniture as it is room for
  • Top with some other furniture and cram in decor

Sit and admire it while waiting for the last grey textures to clear up so you can take pictures! 🤨

Yes Nutmeg is over the top in textures. Most of it.

But it is lovly....

I learned about Nutmeg -from- your posts :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I built something! 😁

I had this 63 Li pool.... Second Life Marketplace - Swimmable & Animated Swimming Pool Santorini (adult) - 122 couple animations inside

I like an "infinity pool". But 63 Li? That is simply too much. I kept the water because it is scripted for swimming, and the diving board. All else was made of mesh I got from various creators, and a few parts I had made. Nothing special, just straight lines. The pool with surrounding terrace has as big a footprint as the house. It takes up roughly 1/4 of my land.

The pool is 18 Li now, including the pool ladder and swim HUD giver. Flowers, furniture and the glass railing is bought, of course.

It is a water region on Mainland, I was so lucky to get a corner. Not sailable water, but that's ok, I can use the void for decor, like a lighthouse. I could not do it if it was a protected Linden waterway.

The out of sim dolphins is maybe the best animals I have bought. They are anchored to the land like any out of sim decor, but swim free along 64 m. And as long out as the anchor reaches.

Infinity Pool in Land's End

• Like 20

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I built something! 😁

I had this 63 Li pool.... Second Life Marketplace - Swimmable & Animated Swimming Pool Santorini (adult) - 122 couple animations inside

I like an "infinity pool". But 63 Li? That is simply too much. I kept the water because it is scripted for swimming, and the diving board. All else was made of mesh I got from various creators, and a few parts I had made. Nothing special, just straight lines. The pool with surrounding terrace has as big a footprint as the house. It takes up roughly 1/4 of my land.

The pool is 18 Li now, including the pool ladder and swim HUD giver. Flowers, furniture and the glass railing is bought, of course.

It is a water region on Mainland, I was so lucky to get a corner. Not sailable water, but that's ok, I can use the void for decor, like a lighthouse. I could not do it if it was a protected Linden waterway.

The out of sim dolphins is maybe the best animals I have bought. They are anchored to the land like any out of sim decor, but swim free along 64 m. And as long out as the anchor reaches.

Totally Gorgeously done!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

No one else posting?

New art on the wall

I found out that I needed something big and bold up there on the mezzanine. I also added a driftwood sculpture under the stairs, and resized the funny small decor with a guy and cubes. It is now 5 Li, but worth it.

The light is projected light on the images, and some SL shadows

• Like 7

On 7/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, Nando Yip said:

I made a place for my terrariums, it's relaxing to take care of them at night

I used that greenhouse too at my previous Babbage parcel, I love it! I switched up a little and used the Compulsion cottage for the current parcel...

52265555531_35f1bb3050_o.jpg

52426082677_0f28b0a4be_o.jpg

• Like 8