-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

PoH-OH-Listings welcomes Marianne Little and Ingrid Ingersoll.
Plz always shift-refresh to see the most current content on the PoH-OH-Listings Webpage.
Also note the new column "More pictures linked by owner" .. it can also contain a link to an album of interior deco photos.

Carson Cobert's "Leeward Stilty Outpost" has a new SLURL, of course updated in the webpage.

Screenshots from the webpage:

PoH-OH-NewEntries.png

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 6

A new >>> Application Form <<< to request adding one's home to the "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings" is provided.

When you click SUBMIT the data is emailed to me .. no need to IM me anymore.
In the link fields for your home photos and interior decoration photos you can e.g. use a Gyazo screenshot and copy/paste the links into the AppForm, or reference any webpage link to Flickr, ...
The AppForm will also be referenced via the BBB Gazette, and on the "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings" .

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[ Significant Progress for the  "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings"  (webpage and HUD) ]

for the 188 entries I now have identified and updated (based on Pru' contents and great work) on 10/1/2022 12:30AM SLT):
174 SLURLs = 93%
115 owner names = 62%
126 "established" dates = 67%
9 "retirements"

Dumb question: there are so many beautiful images of your amazing decorations and houses and gardens here .. I wonder why you are so reluctant to send in an Application Form < for inclusion in the PoH OH Listings ??? Note that the new PoH allows to a add photo album link for all your decos and house / garden show-offs  too.

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1

I can not reply for all, and I do not have a Linden Home at the moment.

But I never applied for it when I had.

I was in Bellisseria from day 2 when it opened in 2019. When the Parade of Homes started, I had some alts jumping around and searching for new locations and new themes.

I am very insecure about bothering others. I also think that they might be annoyed or upset if I submitted a place, just to leave it after a month or two. I "created more work" for them.

I never found out what was an "appropriate minimum time" to hold a house in PoH.

English isn't my #1 language, and it is really hard for me to use nuances right. When I use words like "appropriate" "annoyed" and such, I do not mean that I ever heard some say that. It is in my head. A worry that I shall not bother people or add more work for them.

I was thinking very long and hard before I submitted the home I have in Mainland, Farshore. I am 95% sure that I will keep it for a long time. But if I get an awesome deal for land another place, and I have to say; Sorry Robert, you need to take down that listing. I would think that I have done you wrong.

And that is in my head, you see. It is a result of upbringing and Real life experiences. Even if I know it with my rational mind, that feeling will not go away.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I would think that I have done you wrong.

And that is in my head, you see. It is a result of upbringing and Real life experiences. Even if I know it with my rational mind, that feeling will not go away.

No need to worry, Marianne. The new PoH is pretty much automated, and retiring an entry and re-publishing the PoH update is really a matter of 30 seconds !!! Adding a new entry takes a bit longer - unless photos are provided .. then it is done in under 2 minutes (lololol - no big deal either). So you see ... it's no workload for me, and the BBB team is always glad to be of service.
And in respect to the viewers/visitors: I added an information to the house name column when an entry becomes unavailable .. so you do not offend or bother anyone by withdrawing .. the SLURL gets de-activated .. so no one will waist time by TPing in vain.

And finally: big thanks that you are so considerate. It is nice to see such educated and polite folks like you around.

Regards - Robert Rhodan

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, Trinity1776 said:

My latest, a Tortuga Stilt...
 Looking towards the back of the house from the front entrance area

Kitchen (above) and Living Room (below)

I love the way you've laid out the room and added the fire place. The main room shape can be awkward to fill. Could you share what fireplace that is and those sliding doors please?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RobertRhodan said:

Dumb question: there are so many beautiful images of your amazing decorations and houses and gardens here .. I wonder why you are so reluctant to send in an Application Form < for inclusion in the PoH OH Listings ??? Note that the new PoH allows to a add photo album link for all your decos and house / garden show-offs  too.

You have 188 listings, which if they were evenly distributed among the ... is it 12? ... land page choices, would be over 15 different homes per theme.  I actually think a more carefully curated SMALLER set of listings, chosen to showcase a variety of build concepts, would be more useful, because I view the PoH listings as a wonderful tool for new users to get some ideas for the variety of things they can do for each theme.  If there are TOO many choices, I think the listings actually become as intimidating as just TPing into a neighborhood and looking around.

But that's just my opinion.  Others may have their own reasons why MOAR listings are better 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I love the way you've laid out the room and added the fire place. The main room shape can be awkward to fill. Could you share what fireplace that is and those sliding doors please?

I could be wrong, but it looks like it is these.  I have them so they look familiar.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Day-Dreamer-Tortuga-Bedroom-DoorWall-boxed/21132877

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NewBrooke-Partition-Fireplace-3li/23370319

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

That is correct. The partition fireplace is fantastic to use in larger rooms, obviously not just in Newbrookes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I was in Bellisseria from day 2 when it opened in 2019. When the Parade of Homes started, I had some alts jumping around and searching for new locations and new themes.

I am very insecure about bothering others. I also think that they might be annoyed or upset if I submitted a place, just to leave it after a month or two. I "created more work" for them.

I never found out what was an "appropriate minimum time" to hold a house in PoH

Although I didn't get into Bellisseria as early as Marianne (my first was when the Victorians came on the scene) and usually only have a single premium account, my opinion is similar to hers.

I get into a new home style, build out the decor, sit on it for a period of between 1 week to a few weeks, and then tear it down, only to put up a different home in that theme, or abandon the parcel and go back to another theme. I get bored easily and would not likely have a build up long enough to make an entry in PoH valid.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2022 at 3:13 AM, RobertRhodan said:

A new >>> Application Form <<< to request adding one's home to the "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings" is provided.

replaced link by this improved application form

PoH/OH website/HUD is fairly stable now .. I will therefore discontinue posting about the PoH/OH in this forum from now on. For any news plz refer to the BBB Gazette and the PoH group
Thanks for your patience in the transition process .. Robert Rhodan

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

CLOSING REPORT ON POH LISTINGS 10/24/2022

It's done: 102 entries in the >> PoH Listings << are verified / updated, and 100% of these have now 1 or 2 interior deco photos displayed (154 photos added in total).
It is amazing seeing the ingenuity of the home owners regarding their decorating skills when scrolling through the webpage resp. clicking on the thumbnail photos for viewing these as high-resolution pictures. You house owners can be proud indeed.

Note that there is also a seasonal category, e.g. for Halloween decos.
New >> applications << welcome.

Robert Rhodan signing off from this channel.

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally been able to sort through the far too many photos I've taken of my Sakura Shion. I really am in love with this place, not least because of the sound environment created by the moles (and supplemented by the 'singing bowls' I picked up in a sale and the distant rumble of thunder that is occasionally heard from a neighboring parcel). So, herewith the house tour... (Post 1 of 2) The entry hall, study area, bathroom, bedroom, and livingroom:

64x.jpg

62x.jpg

53x.jpg

71x.jpg

72x.jpg

75x.jpg

44x.jpg

41x.jpg

43x.jpg

30x.jpg

31x.jpg

32x.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 24

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.