-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I didn't resist and got a boathouse, so far I'm loving it, I'll maybe left my log and get one more permanently since this alt is only for a month, and the place itself is not what I wanted (first 2 tries great spots, after that it was a disaster, but since I'm not staying I decided to camp here for a couple of weeks).

What I've learned: I prefer the narrow plots, I thought the barnacle would be my boathouse and after all it is the windlass. And thanks to @Blush Bravin add-on it turns out a great place. 

And I still have more than a hundred prims left.  

BH1_005.png

BH1_001.png

BH1_002.png

BH1_004.png

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

What I've learned: I prefer the narrow plots, I thought the barnacle would be my boathouse and after all it is the windlass. And thanks to @Blush Bravin add-on it turns out a great place. 

YES to learning what really matters to you in a Linden home, that is what the Game of Homes is all about for me.  And, YES to great the add-ons made for us by Blush Bravin and the other great creators in SL!

• Like 4

Recently, I completely redid my Sakura home. I had focused so much on the inside that the garden never was all I wanted it to be. So, I picked a smaller home that I really liked and put my energy into making my dream garden. This is the result. I have 25 prims left.

nb1_002.thumb.jpg.b50089ab56a1bfd042c907ee53b5a2dd.jpg

nb1_003.thumb.jpg.ebd1000a27df5811372237eeeab5dca9.jpg

nb1_004.thumb.jpg.ce080bccb1c12b0488b84dffa581d4a8.jpg

nb1_001.thumb.jpg.f1a43206a485976dcb80029b89c3ce68.jpg

nb1_011.thumb.jpg.2c9ba0366cc39339fa07a3d370c1aff5.jpg

I've used low LI mostly, but I've also included items that are anything but low LI, but they are things I love so have included them. I'll post the inside pics in the next post.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

I don't think the inside is lacking even with my focusing mostly on the garden. I did omit an actual bedroom since the futon in the living area serves the purpose nicely. What I really wanted was a cozy dressing area with a powder room. nb1_009.thumb.jpg.a5000e1d7a553421282421035c43a71b.jpg

nb1_007.thumb.jpg.609bfa949cc0f3185405d54a6122a2e0.jpg

nb1_005.thumb.jpg.ac66e2439cc04dc2aeccc85514627cbf.jpg

nb1_006.thumb.jpg.d44e26248bd48039d6a73f59d18979ec.jpg

I love the open space between the dining area and the living room. It is the perfect spot for my desk and art supplies. Plus it's a nice area for dancing when the mood hits.

With careful planning and linking, you'd be surprised how much you can do with just 351 prims! Here's the slurl to my (Debi's) home if anyone would like to visit. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sugureta Gohan/174/145/32

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't think the inside is lacking even with my focusing mostly on the garden. I did omit an actual bedroom since the futon in the living area serves the purpose nicely. What I really wanted was a cozy dressing area with a powder room. nb1_009.thumb.jpg.a5000e1d7a553421282421035c43a71b.jpg

nb1_007.thumb.jpg.609bfa949cc0f3185405d54a6122a2e0.jpg

nb1_005.thumb.jpg.ac66e2439cc04dc2aeccc85514627cbf.jpg

nb1_006.thumb.jpg.d44e26248bd48039d6a73f59d18979ec.jpg

I love the open space between the dining area and the living room. It is the perfect spot for my desk and art supplies. Plus it's a nice area for dancing when the mood hits.

With careful planning and linking, you'd be surprised how much you can do with just 351 prims! Here's the slurl to my (Debi's) home if anyone would like to visit. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sugureta Gohan/174/145/32

i loooove your rug by the furry chair. may i ask where its from?

On 8/20/2022 at 9:48 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

YES to learning what really matters to you in a Linden home, that is what the Game of Homes is all about for me.  And, YES to great the add-ons made for us by Blush Bravin and the other great creators in SL!

Agree on this! I cant live without their addons, shells, wallpaper and stuff 😍

• Like 6

For this build, I worked with a Newbrooke Bradbury, which has ended being, I think, my favorite of the Newbrooke models. I'd got enough space to do all the typical realistic rooms, and fill it up nicely within the LI allowance.

This is a nice parcel, no water that outputs to the sea,  but at least a mini-river and a pond.

Front Exterior:

image.thumb.png.ef7ae703733493f3f9b1961c9cdd2e75.png

In the back, I wanted to leave things open because of all the water, even though I can see into other folks' houses. Typically I would use fences but that would block the water view.

image.thumb.png.cc8ba3f875e36b3e4c1cae1d04885db9.png

• Like 12

Next, the main area of the interior. I've stuffed the kitchen into the smaller area on the right multiple times, and wanted to go instead with a more open floorpan. Fortunately D-Labs Concrete Kitchen Counter  works well with that concept..

image.thumb.png.41d23c6396c4f1a430827e4e00b6f4d6.png

So, where I would typically put the kitchen, I put the dining room instead.

image.thumb.png.53ef6b54c5168ff1bf7113f1a018b964.png 

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

Relaxed afternoon in the "populated" 😀 garden of my Trad. Alderley.
Type chosen for a max of garden space for my animals who gobble up 70 of the 351 LIs/prims at the cost of more fancy interior .. but they are worth it 🤗
Trees / Bushes by Hayabusa, Marble Fountain by Rival's Design, Garden Bench by Lowprim Factory, furniture by LISP, Piano by PrimPossible, Fireplace by DDD Christine, Chandeliers / Bed / Makeup Table for my "lost to RL" 😢 wifey / Branch Candles by Maya's, Drapes by Bennet, Tree stump with squirrel and mockingbird by MBC, foxes Fix & Foxi by Jian, cats Smoke & Sylvester by SEmotion Libellune, dog Rolf by VKC, cat  Sancha by KittyCats, owl by 2Xtreme

Btw ... Q: Is the forum related to BBB's "Parade of Homes Listings" as well ? In case your "show and tell" of your exemplary beautiful interior deco / garden is either an "open home" or at least welcoming visitors wanting to learn from your amazing setups, feel free to ask for inclusion in the above listing.

Regards - Robert Rhodan, BBB Stamp Team / Interim Maintainer of the new PoH Listing

image.png

Home-Garden_3.png

Home-Garden_4.png

Home-Garden_5.png

Home-Garden_1.png

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, RobertRhodan said:

RBtw ... Q: Is the forum related to BBB's "Parade of Homes Listings" as well ? In case your "show and tell" of your exemplary beautiful interior deco / garden is either an "open home" or at least welcoming visitors wanting to learn from your amazing setups, feel free to ask for inclusion in the above listing

Posting in this thread has never resulted in an automatic listing in the POH.  Personally, my homes are always open and sometimes I share their locations, but my decor skills have never merited them serving as any sort of example :)

I do think that it might be nice for those who list in the POH to have a field in that database where they could put a link to a  pictorial study of their home, such as people post here, or in their blog.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 5:01 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I do think that it might be nice for those who list in the POH to have a field in that database where they could put a link to a  pictorial study of their home, such as people post here, or in their blog.

Great suggestion, Nika !!! ... and I realized your idea right away in the new V0.5 of the  BBB's "Parade of Homes Listings"  😁. Just shift-refresh.

Hoping for content for this new listing column .. just IM me your additional pictures links in-world, dear home owners. Note that I will not open the tool to anyone adding picture links themselves .. PoH-OH publishing will not be responsible for user-added content in this pictures link columns -  notify BBB about any unfit content.

Thx - Robert Rhodan, BBB

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.