-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I've been busy re-modelling the interior of my houseboat (Wallower) with a bit more colour and more than a touch of boho chic...

49421287473_278bb1f5e4_b.jpg

49421975262_767e56a4ef_b.jpg

There's a kitchen and bathroom behind the dividers but they're kinda boring in comparison.

Absolutely LOVE the colour! I find it so hard to work with strong, saturated colours like that...I’m in awe of how fantastic it looks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Loving the color scheme. 💜 May I ask where that table is from, please? I've been looking for a decent purple one for ages...

41 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Just find a table you like and color it purple 😉

Ziggy called it. It's from tarte, and it's originally light blue, but it's mod so I coloured it purple myself (and shrunk it down cos it was also much too big).

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/tarte-retro-coffee-table/8781794

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Our trad in Well Springs.  We used the D-vine Continental addition, LI over 80.  We wanted larger rooms with a gracious feel to the exterior.  Altho we like to furnish spaces to be LIVED in, we felt our inventories might be up to the low-LI challenge, particularly since the parcel is surrounded by a lot of lovely Molescaping.  It didn't require much from us.

415457299_PhotoshootatMoms_001forweb.thumb.jpg.5a55bc87dc849ed0a4bb0c05fef1bef9.jpg

Altho green, this is actually a beachfront property.   You can stroll down the long slope, past the Mole picnic area, to the shore.  The water is also in-region, so you can easily boat from there as well.  I derendered one tree below so you can see the house better.

592374290_Housebeachdaycyclebased_001forweb.thumb.jpg.2ff3fc06b4f60b6ef2d57cbdb61d8ce0.jpg

The back balcony was added by Cee, yet more LI given to the basic house!  He did it because of this view.  Draw distance here is 340; at 540 some houseboats appear.  I LOVE this view; the street seems just like so many beach streets I've walked!  At the far end, it bends around the pretty Goodbury peninsula and lagoon.  There is also a narrow strip of public land next to the water, so one can gallop a horse gleefully through the whole long beach that forms the bottom edge of the Pickle.

1010340870_Balcony352_001forweb.jpg.3a0cc18383819bb71e8cd1a86a35f25a.jpg

Our living room is Prairie (Frank Lloyd Wright) style.  If you squint, you can see we added FLW stained glass, SO obsessed with this property, lol!

621250879_PhotoshootatMoms_007forweb.jpg.3af5a57b5507cebf918bf583dd5f15e8.jpg

The stairs you see above lead up to the master suite - bedroom, bath, and french door to the balcony.  We wanted the bedroom to have an open, breezy feel to it.  Not visible here is a wall switch I added that retextures the windows (including the french door glass) to be shaded at night.  The D-vine addition is primmy, but extremely easy to work with.

1449336192_PhotoshootatMoms_009forweb.jpg.69bcf18331fb2f6cbdb4fc3d88ff74af.jpg

A wall sculpture in this room (not showm) also has a one-click teleporter that goes to the bedroom in the Continental, which we use as a comfortably large dressing room (pose stands and cam space!) and simple guest bedroom. 

There's enough LI to even dress up hallways a bit.

924356714_PhotoshootatMoms_012forweb.jpg.0b7dc3e371094ad8a3e7254387703093.jpg

Even when the sun glares outside, our home is cool and comfy.  Cee managed to cleverly pare down the LAQ kitchen to have everything one needs, including breakfast bar! Our dining room and foyer are simply furnished, but we have some personal mementos.   Wedding picture (not shown; we've been partnered FOREVER), Grecian pottery,  lalala.  The dining table is deceptively simple-looking, but quite generous, so we can have a couple over for dinner very easily.  The kitchen leads out to the back deck, where there's a BBQ/picnic area under the porch awnings. 

556071796_PhotoshootatMoms_011forweb.jpg.cefaa8272c1f2c159cc19cbb3471305a.jpg

The deck also has a seating area with drinks right outside the living room french doors, if we want to catch the night breeze before retiring, and out on the lawn there's umbrella'd chairs and a game (right now Hangman) to pass the time while watching the sun rise over Goodbury.    For visitors, we have a sign pointing out the best path to the beach.  And of course there's a foot bath so no one tracks sand into the house!

1815641680_PhotoshootatMoms_003forweb.jpg.882157ef3e8858c85dae495fd7669209.jpg

Our house is a very very very fine house!  Even tho we only have one cat in the yard (front porch, 1st pic!), we thank the Moles and LL daily for this one.

1883074283_PhotoshootatMoms_002forweb.jpg.7f90cb5df79c69dff7aafefd85473b2f.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 35

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Altho green, this is actually a beachfront property.   You can stroll down the long slope, past the Mole picnic area, to the shore.  The water is also in-region, so you can easily boat from there as well.  I derendered one tree below so you can see the house better.

592374290_Housebeachdaycyclebased_001forweb.thumb.jpg.2ff3fc06b4f60b6ef2d57cbdb61d8ce0.jpg

Ou house is a very very very fine house!  Even tho we only have one cat in the yard (front porch, 1st pic!), we thank the Moles and LL daily for this one.

1883074283_PhotoshootatMoms_002forweb.jpg.7f90cb5df79c69dff7aafefd85473b2f.jpg

What a great place, you've done a great job with the house. Although your Vic is still my favourite one!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Cee managed to cleverly pare down the LAQ kitchen to have everything one needs, including breakfast bar! O

556071796_PhotoshootatMoms_011forweb.jpg.cefaa8272c1f2c159cc19cbb3471305a.jpg

Your home is beautiful!  I am very curious about the pared down LAQ kitchen, because it has been a struggle for me to get the LAQ to fit in many homes, especially the island...finally succeeded in the Doyle Victorian home, but would love to see a pic of what your kitchen looks like :D   [tries to crane neck around corner there but can't quite make it out...]  the shelf part looks awesome above the breakfast bar!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Malayaa said:

Your home is beautiful!  I am very curious about the pared down LAQ kitchen, because it has been a struggle for me to get the LAQ to fit in many homes, especially the island...finally succeeded in the Doyle Victorian home, but would love to see a pic of what your kitchen looks like :D   [tries to crane neck around corner there but can't quite make it out...]  the shelf part looks awesome above the breakfast bar!

Thank you!  Here's the other half of the kitchen; this is the normal back room of the Continental, not part of the addition.  After settling in on the arrangement, he says he just had to squeeze a little here and there, and it fit.

2064538766_Kitchen_002forweb.thumb.jpg.c5de013751087d3b50790d7f7c47fa76.jpg

And here's a bonus pic of Cee and Litta (it is their house, after all!) playing Hangman, which is what we were doing before deciding to check the forums!

828837352_Kitchen_003forweb.thumb.jpg.9d41fbf57f112907d8717f51c37476d0.jpg

• Like 16

Gazebo_2_1024.thumb.png.e7cc8d9434be97944391c14321011706.png

Spent the last few days redecorating my house in Well Springs. Amidst all that I built a gazebo thingy in a similar style to the Adams porch. No decor = 5 LI on medium LOD. Fully decorated as it appears in the pics = 20 LI. I generally shy away from having a solid wall against my parcel border facing the neighbour's yard but since he's rezzed a car port on the other side I figured there was no harm; I wasn't blocking his view as he already was. 

Didn't see the point of spamming two threads with the same pics so here's the links to the others: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435588-the-linden-homes-photo-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2047615, and more here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435588-the-linden-homes-photo-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2047619

😊

• Like 17

6 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Gazebo_2_1024.thumb.png.e7cc8d9434be97944391c14321011706.png

Spent the last few days redecorating my house in Well Springs. Amidst all that I built a gazebo thingy in a similar style to the Adams porch. No decor = 5 LI on medium LOD. Fully decorated as it appears in the pics = 20 LI. I generally shy away from having a solid wall against my parcel border facing the neighbour's yard but since he's rezzed a car port on the other side I figured there was no harm; I wasn't blocking his view as he already was. 

Didn't see the point of spamming two threads with the same pics so here's the links to the others: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435588-the-linden-homes-photo-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2047615, and more here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435588-the-linden-homes-photo-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2047619

😊

Love this.   Will the "thingy" be available on MP?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Decided to do something a bit different with the strip of flat, green lawn on the other side of my Victorian...decided it was a perfect place to set up for croquet!

Wow, that set looks perfect!  I've never bought a croquet set because I've never seen one that looked that realistic.

I don't suppose you can actually hit the balls?  If they're mod, I suppose one could always turn physics on and have fun trying to toss them thru the wickets!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Wow, that set looks perfect!  I've never bought a croquet set because I've never seen one that looked that realistic.

I don't suppose you can actually hit the balls?  If they're mod, I suppose one could always turn physics on and have fun trying to toss them thru the wickets!

I did find one playable set on the marketplace, but it was too high LI and too big for the area. Most of this is just prims I cobbled together (hoops, wickets and balls) and the mesh set with mallets I found on the marketplace (no mod which is a bit annoying, but I didn't fancy making it myself). I also found a few croquet poses on the marketplace, which I just had to get. I did briefly set the balls to physical, seeing how playable it might be (bit crazy, but fun!) 😁

Edited by Peony Sweetwater
English is stupid...
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.