TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

You can back-peddle on your OC all you want, I stand my my statement about it.

I haven't back peddled on anything. I still agree with my first comment, and only went more in depth with evidence why I feel they are a pos company that still lies and shouldn't be funded. You guys don't care who you purchase from that's fine. My opinion doesn't change either. 

4 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

And to be quite frank, they only have one person from the old TMP body team. So his or her point is kinda moot really. Pretty much new team, besides one person.

Really? How do you know this? They told you? Alts don't count.... They all act the exact same. Same rules, same management process, same lies, same greed, same skins from over 6 years ago, mostly same hud operation but a new layout. The only change they may have is a few more CSRs added and their live help group. Just because they come back with a new body for 5k, with no refund or kept promises from their old body, doesn't mean its a new team. Where in their process now does it show they are different? 

Edited by Killer Perhaps

16 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

I finally got it, but I also kept the rest of my previous bodies I own. This is how I see it, I have all these bodies. A for blogging, and B depending on what mood I'm in, is what body I  will wear. And with having more then one body available, that allows me to be able to expand my multiple facets of my personality. That and it's much easier than having to make different shapes for the same body, just for the same effect.

Lol I do the same

9 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

*Applauds Legacy’s hype machine*

Y’all are getting people that dookied on the body for 20 pages to actually buy it and say good things about it.

This is an election stealing leveled feat.

I happen to like it rather a lot and can see the amount of work that went into it - so sue me :P

1 hour ago, Killer Perhaps said:

I haven't back peddled on anything. I still agree with my first comment, and only went more in depth with evidence why I feel they are a pos company that still lies and shouldn't be funded. You guys don't care who you purchase from that's fine. My opinion doesn't change either. 

Really? How do you know this? They told you? Alts don't count.... They all act the exact same. Same rules, same management process, same lies, same greed, same skins from over 6 years ago, mostly same hud operation but a new layout. The only change they may have is a few more CSRs added and their live help group. Just because they come back with a new body for 5k, with no refund or kept promises from their old body, doesn't mean its a new team. Where in their process now does it show they are different? 

Never said they were different, but they did get a whole new team minus 1 person. We get that you don't like something, but you are sitting here and basically crapping on anyone who has anything positive to say about it. I get you don't like that, and you have every right to not like that.  Also it has been like 3 years, people do change over time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

*Applauds Legacy’s hype machine*

Y’all are getting people that dookied on the body for 20 pages to actually buy it and say good things about it.

This is an election stealing leveled feat.

It really is amazing! 

ETA the hype machine, not the body. I have no intentions of getting it.

Edited by Eva Knoller
Clarification
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

It really is amazing! 

ETA the hype machine, not the body. I have no intentions of getting it.

You really have to marvel at it.

I haven’t seen anything permeate every aspect of SL like this since.....well it’s just amazing to watch this play out.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You really have to marvel at it.

I haven’t seen anything permeate every aspect of SL like this since.....well it’s just amazing to watch this play out.

I would just let people have their fun in the sun with this new toy. It's not really harming anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

I just got a demo to try it out.
I tried it out.
It's not for me.

50 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I haven’t seen anything permeate every aspect of SL like this since.....

since Stiletto Moody?

9 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

And yet, it's astonishing how many people get their knickers in a twist over it. smh

Lol. I genuinely don’t care about who likes it or who wants to try it out or whatever.

I’m genuinely saying Legacy is doing an amazing thing that no other body seems to be able to do, that is break into the mesh body market.

That wouldn’t be possible without a machine behind it. 

Its ok to be a part of the machine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janetosilio said:

Lol. I genuinely don’t care about who likes it or who wants to try it out or whatever.

I’m genuinely saying Legacy is doing an amazing thing that no other body seems to be able to do, that is break into the mesh body market.

That wouldn’t be possible without a machine behind it. 

Its ok to be a part of the machine.

Couldn't agree with you more - I just had no idea that a discussion about Legacy could lead to such heated debates but yes, I think they've done an amazing job too; they've pushed the bar a little higher - others are going to have to step up their game if they want to compete. 

So.. does the Bakes on Mesh not work with any skins other than the skins that come in the HUD? I tried using it with the skin I custom put on, but it'll start loading it and then break and show the default body as well as the mesh. If I don't try and apply the skin it shows the HUD skin and works as it should.

12 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

So.. does the Bakes on Mesh not work with any skins other than the skins that come in the HUD? I tried using it with the skin I custom put on, but it'll start loading it and then break and show the default body as well as the mesh. If I don't try and apply the skin it shows the HUD skin and works as it should.

It works with System skins. So skins from like 2013 and before.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

It works with System skins. So skins from like 2013 and before.

Many skin creators are now including system skins together with their appliers. I'm wearing a recent one right now by Glam Affair ('scuse the rough n ready pic but you get the idea):

GA-New.jpg.0bb5340d0a7a9a05ae64cec0c38d88c6.jpg

The applier is up top for those who don't want to use the system version. I'm finding it fun to mess around with.

5 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

This body doesn't have BoM yet. At least the demo doesn't.

The body does - perhaps not the demo but the body is definitely BoM ready. You just have to press a thing in the thing and it's there (that made perfect sense, didn't it? lol )

• Thanks 1

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

Made tonnes of sense, like trying to put together Ikea furniture. Lol

Yeah sorry about that - not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to technical stuff haha

It's in the edit HUD - when you click the middle tab on the hud - the Style tab that take a while to load (at least for me) - up the top in tiny letters you'll see "Apply BOM":

718204649_ApplyBoMLegacy.png.16f039ef4f70c49a0c044e5211cc645c.png

1 minute ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Yeah sorry about that - not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to technical stuff haha

It's in the edit HUD - when you click the middle tab on the hud - the Style tab that take a while to load (at least for me) - up the top in tiny letters you'll see "Apply BOM":

718204649_ApplyBoMLegacy.png.16f039ef4f70c49a0c044e5211cc645c.png

Actually surprisingly it doesn't take as long as my Maitreya or Belleza HUDs do to load up. Those guys you are sitting there for 2 minutes, you can practically get in a quick song, maybe grab a snack before the textures load in. Lol

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

Actually surprisingly it doesn't take as long as my Maitreya or Belleza HUDs do to load up. Those guys you are sitting there for 2 minutes, you can practically get in a quick song, maybe grab a snack before the textures load in. Lol

No the hud itself takes barely the blink of an eye to load, but the Style tab can take whistling Dixie once around to load for me :)

I decided to buy the body. I am loving it so far, even though there are a few hiccups. I have not been able to get the shoe deformer to work properly so that is a wash. Also, does anyone else notice she seems to have a bit of hammertoe/bunions, lol. I was pleasantly surprised to find I had a lot more clothes in my closet that are made for TMP Legacy than I thought. Some just say Legacy so I was confused, thinking they meant the SL bodies. I also found a couple of my fav designers have recently been making clothes for TMP Legacy. 

The body is amazing, really it is. One of the best things is that you can get physics for the butt. I am still experimenting with different shapes and skins but overall, I am glad I bit the bullet and bought it. I feel like at this point anyway, I look unique. I did wince at paying 5000L for a body but, I have several heads at that price so not really much of a difference. My avatar is my hobby since I don't do much else in SL.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.