Jump to content
Windywinters

TMP Legacy mesh body

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I would definitely go with Genus, and Deetalez does a really nice skin for both Legacy and Genus. I hope that helps xD

Oh definitely a big help, thank you! I may be weird that I shop for the complete "kit" in demos before I plunk-down any cash, wear the complete demo ensemble first LOL. Thank you very much, I'll add them to my sim-hopping list. As for the Genus (which I have on this A. Su account) - I *love it* and it's amazingly variable in shape-setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Oh definitely a big help, thank you! I may be weird that I shop for the complete "kit" in demos before I plunk-down any cash, wear the complete demo ensemble first LOL. Thank you very much, I'll add them to my sim-hopping list. As for the Genus (which I have on this A. Su account) - I *love it* and it's amazingly variable in shape-setting.

Amara Beauty, Glam Affair and Pumec also have body appliers for Legacy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Oh definitely a big help, thank you! I may be weird that I shop for the complete "kit" in demos before I plunk-down any cash, wear the complete demo ensemble first LOL. Thank you very much, I'll add them to my sim-hopping list. As for the Genus (which I have on this A. Su account) - I *love it* and it's amazingly variable in shape-setting.

Oh I am the exact same way as you, I literally have a folder in my inventory of stuff I want in the future. That and I also do that with bodies too. Will usually get both the demo head and body, and skin, and see how it looks. I literally had outfits saved, giving an approximate time when I was gonna get it. Or labelled it with the head and body, so I know what I need to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Amara Beauty, Glam Affair and Pumec also have body appliers for Legacy :)

Very helpful, thank you! Maybe a "TMP legacy Kit" thread is needed LOL

10 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Oh I am the exact same way as you, I literally have a folder in my inventory of stuff I want in the future. That and I also do that with bodies too. Will usually get both the demo head and body, and skin, and see how it looks. I literally had outfits saved, giving an approximate time when I was gonna get it. Or labelled it with the head and body, so I know what I need to get.

Agreed. I don't want to throw money at a part of a whole then discover major difficulties completing that whole. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alyona Su So glad you gave it another go and I do wish everyone would stop throwing the "got the demo on the MP!' thing in my face :P haha

Love your detailed analysis and agree - Legacy shoulders handle those badly made AO hands-on-hips stands much better than Maitreya can.

 

Edited by AnyaJurelle
Got the em-FAR-sis on the wrong Syll-AHH-ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

@Alyona Su So glad you gave it another go and I do wish everyone would stop throwing the "got the demo on the MP!' thing in my face :P haha

Love your detailed analysis and agree - Legacy shoulders handle those badly made AO hands-on-hips stands much better than Maitreya can.

 

I forgot to remind you, I got the demon on MP :P

 

6 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Very helpful, thank you! Maybe a "TMP legacy Kit" thread is needed LOL

Agreed. I don't want to throw money at a part of a whole then discover major difficulties completing that whole. :)

Yeah this is what I am thinking. Obviously I had to buy it all in two parts. But I am happy I did. I love the body, and my look. I also love the fact how moldable the Genus and Legacy bodies are. You feel like you are messing with clay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

@Alyona Su So glad you gave it another go and I do wish everyone would stop throwing the "got the demo on the MP!' thing in my face :P haha

Love your detailed analysis and agree - Legacy shoulders handle badly those made AO hands-on-hips stands much better than Maitreya can.

 

I know many people don't care about things like these, the way the armpits look and work, and yet many also balk at the pricing of things. The fact is that there are two types of shoppers and buyers: Those who shop on price and are willing to forego quality to get a lower price and those who are wanting high quality first and are willing to pay more to get it. High-popularity is often the opposite of best.

People are balking at the L$5000 price of this body and yet they likely own many different L$5000 heads. Go figure. If the quality justifies the asking price (to each person to decide for themselves) then no one else has any right to complain about that because you can never, or at least in only extremely rare cases, have both quality and low price in a single item.

I have evaluated this product up one side and down the other and scrutinized with my own hi-standard expectations. It meets those expectation within 90% and that's good enough for me. Now I evaluate the feasibility of going with it, that being a good head and skin to achieve the look I insist on. If I can piece this puzzle together and be more than "very happy" with it, then it is my choice to run with it, everyone else be damned about it, right?

Edit to add: For those espousing the "support" from the creators, pffft. I have never, ever had to rely on support from Belleza, Maitreya, Tonic, Slink, or Eve creators for anything. As for the previous experience people have had with the original product and development team: fair enough. Though it's always caveat emptor. As for the Hud system being offloaded onto the Internet: sure, it may cease functioning some day. But as long as I get my fair use out if it before then, what does it matter? Nothing lasts forever. How does that Lobster or other expensive dish taste? Oooh, it's only going to last you as long as it takes to eat it, so it would be better if you don't spend that much money and just opt for a greasy hamburger, instead.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

I know many people don't care about things like these, the way the armpits look and work, and yet many also balk at the pricing of things. The fact is that there are two types of shoppers and buyers: Those who shop on price and are willing to forego quality to get a lower price and those who are wanting high quality first and are willing to pay more to get it. High-popularity is often the opposite of best.

People are balking at the L$5000 price of this body and yet they likely own many different L$5000 heads. Go figure. If the quality justifies the asking price (to each person to decide for themselves) then no one else has any right to complain about that because you can never, or at least in only extremely rare cases, have both quality and low price in a single item.

I have evaluated this product up one side and down the other and scrutinized with my own hi-standard expectations. It meets those expectation within 90% and that's good enough for me. Now I evaluate the feasibility of going with it, that being a good head and skin to achieve the look I insist on. If I can piece this puzzle together and be more than "very happy" with it, then it is my choice to run with it, everyone else be damned about it, right?

Yep, but it's so much easier to join the negativity and complaint train, than it is to just try things out. I am definitely guilty of that. But I think we can all learn from this, is to try things first. See if you like it, and if it's well worth it. That was my motto, and I will probably go back to that motto. Because in my own opinion, it is well worth it. My biggest thing. Is the body very moldable and can it achieve my desired look. Being that I own Maitreya, Freya and Isis, they molded alright. But they had a limit that they had. Which that limit was easy to get to, if you kept on playing around with the knobs. So far with the Legacy, it is very versatile, it can practically be made to be thin as a stick or really curvy. That was the word I wanted to use, versatile. Sunday's are bad for my brain, I swear. But yeah, the shape I create especially with the Genus head. Which I must say out of all the heads, looks best with the Legacy. No matter if it's baby face, classic or strong. I just love having that freedom to be able to create my desired look, without hassle or trying to find work arounds. That all being said, the mesh model is actually really well put together, and the appliers go on like an old dot matrix printer. Which made me laugh, everytime i went to put on a new tattoo. Other than that, it is an overall good body, wouldn't say its the best in the market. That bit would be subjective. I would say it is a very high quality body, with great attention to detail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

the body very moldable and can it achieve my desired look

I want to emphasize this part of your statement. The Genus head amazed me at its slider "moldability" and though the Legacy body just wasn't doing it for me during my first demo, I also recognize that a large part of that was the major distraction of the environment (and lag, so the HUD and everything else wasn't working for me). I had to try six (SIX) times just to get the body o appear in my inventory.

In recognizing all of that I had always planned to give the demo another go. The smartest thing they have ever done was to put the demo and retail versions up onto Market Place.

As for "moldability" - the TMP Legacy is the Genus Head of mesh bodies.Create as waif or plus size as you want (Okay, breast at maximum floored me - and they still looked realistic!) I am as amazed with the shape-customizability of this body as I was with the Genus head. I still like my Venus legs (calves) and armpit areas better, but the Legacy comes very close to that and the deformer option opens more wardrobe-shopping variety. So, to be clear to all readers of my comments, it is most certainly not about "new shiny." It's about feasibility and function.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I want to emphasize this part of your statement. The Genus head amazed me at its slider "moldability" and though the Legacy body just wasn't doing it for me during my first demo, I also recognize that a large part of that was the major distraction of the environment (and lag, so the HUD and everything else wasn't working for me). I had to try six (SIX) times just to get the body o appear in my inventory.

In recognizing all of that I had always planned to give the demo another go. The smartest thing they have ever done was to put the demo and retail versions up onto Market Place.

As for "moldability" - the TMP Legacy is the Genus Head of mesh bodies.Create as waif or plus size as you want (Okay, breast at maximum floored me - and they still looked realistic!) I am as amazed with the shape-customizability of this body as I was with the Genus head. I still like my Venus legs (calves) and armpit areas better, but the Legacy comes very close to that and the deformer option opens more wardrobe-shopping variety. So, to be clear to all readers of my comments, it is most certainly not about "new shiny." It's about feasibility and function.

I was patiently waiting until the day I wouldn't have to go to that eye sore they call the sim you get the Legacy at, and have the ability to try it at home. This whole experience thing is very offputting. But once it came on MP, I grabbed up that demo quicker than you could say Legacy and gave it a try. I absolutely enjoyed it outside of the sim, and waited like 2 months to get it. All in all, very happy with my purchase.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I know many people don't care about things like these, the way the armpits look and work, and yet many also balk at the pricing of things. The fact is that there are two types of shoppers and buyers: Those who shop on price and are willing to forego quality to get a lower price and those who are wanting high quality first and are willing to pay more to get it. High-popularity is often the opposite of best.

People are balking at the L$5000 price of this body and yet they likely own many different L$5000 heads. Go figure. If the quality justifies the asking price (to each person to decide for themselves) then no one else has any right to complain about that because you can never, or at least in only extremely rare cases, have both quality and low price in a single item.

I have evaluated this product up one side and down the other and scrutinized with my own hi-standard expectations. It meets those expectation within 90% and that's good enough for me. Now I evaluate the feasibility of going with it, that being a good head and skin to achieve the look I insist on. If I can piece this puzzle together and be more than "very happy" with it, then it is my choice to run with it, everyone else be damned about it, right?

Edit to add: For those espousing the "support" from the creators, pffft. I have never, ever had to reply on support from Belleza, Maitreya, Tonic, Slink, or Eve creators for anything. As for the previous experience people have had with the original product and development team: fair enough. Though it's always caveat emptor. As for the Hud system being offloaded onto the Internet: sure, it may cease functioning some day. But as long as I get my fair use out if it before then, what does it matter? Nothing lasts forever. How does that Lobster or other expensive dish taste? Oooh, it's only going to last you as long as it takes to eat it, so it would be better if you don't spend that much money and just opt for a greasy hamburger, instead.

When I first heard about the price - before I even saw the body - I balked, scoffed and snorted in derision. 'He who laughs first...' and all that.

Like buying a Hasselblad camera; if you have to ask the price it means two things: 1) you can't afford it and 2) 'quality' is an abstract concept..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I was patiently waiting until the day I wouldn't have to go to that eye sore they call the sim you get the Legacy at, and have the ability to try it at home. This whole experience thing is very offputting. But once it came on MP, I grabbed up that demo quicker than you could say Legacy and gave it a try. I absolutely enjoyed it outside of the sim, and waited like 2 months to get it. All in all, very happy with my purchase.

Oh DO shut up.....haven't had enough of rubbing it in quite yet?? :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

Oh DO shut up.....haven't had enough of rubbing it in quite yet?? :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Nope never, you are stuck with me constantly reminding you. Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

When I first heard about the price - before I even saw the body - I balked, scoffed and snorted in derision. 'He who laughs first...' and all that.

Like buying a Hasselblad camera; if you have to ask the price it means two things: 1) you can't afford it and 2) 'quality' is an abstract concept..

Look up the price of the base model, barebones Leica. Less features than a Polaroid. :)

OH! And I found THIS at Deetalez! (It's L$229 (!)

 

Snapshot_001

 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Look up the price of the base model, barebones Leica. Less features than a Polaroid. :)

OH! And I found THIS at Deetalez! (It's L$229 (!)

 

Snapshot_001

 

I use the Deetalez Summer for Genus and the Freckled body applier for legacy. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Look up the price of the base model, barebones Leica. Less features than a Polaroid. :)

OH! And I found THIS at Deetalez! (It's L$229 (!)

 

Snapshot_001

 

Yes but Amara Beauty's and Pumec's are free :P Beat that, Ms Smarty Pants haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

Yes but Amara Beauty's and Pumec's are free :P Beat that, Ms Smarty Pants haha

Touche!!! But free in what way, is it group gift free? Where you have to pay a few hundred linden to even have access to it, or actually free and it costs jack diddly?

Edited by halebore Aeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Yes but Amara Beauty's and Pumec's are free :P Beat that, Ms Smarty Pants haha

Be nice, I'm still sim-hop-shopping LOL Also, nice that Deetalez marks their posters with "BOM Ready".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Be nice, I'm still sim-hop-shopping LOL Also, nice that Deetalez marks their posters with "BOM Ready".

Yes most who've already done it, do advertise because it's a selling point and many more will do the same as they complete their BOM ready skins - but let's not mix up Legacy Body appliers with BOM - I did that yesterday and got myself into a whole mess of trouble haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I use the Deetalez Summer for Genus and the Freckled body applier for legacy. xD

I see Summer - that's a nice skin. Alyona Su is Chinese so that wouldn't work, but for this alt I have a Russian name (Alyona Chernov) - I may go with something like this LOL Maybe a Light Ginger top also. For fun. And it would explain the chicken legs.

Edit to add (rather than create another post) - All THREE physics on Legacy: Breast, Butt AND belly.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I see Summer - that's a nice skin. Alyona Su is Chinese so that wouldn't work, but for this alt I have a Russian name (Alyona Chernov) - I may go with something like this LOL Maybe a Light Ginger top also. For fun. And it would explain the chicken legs.

Edit to add (rather than create another post) - All THREE physics on Legacy: Breast, Butt AND belly.

Except when it comes to SL physics - thou shalt not have buns of steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Except when it comes to SL physics - thou shalt not have buns of steel.

I never turn on my physics, the Havok engine used by LL is a very outdated physics engine. You remember Morrowind? It used Havok, and how good were the physics. Basically SL is using the same physics engine that Morrowind is, and it's just as old, maybe a bit older than SL itself. But overall without the physics, which LL needs to fix. The body is absolutely great. See how I just slowly brought that back? Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I never turn on my physics, the Havok engine used by LL is a very outdated physics engine. You remember Morrowind? It used Havok, and how good were the physics. Basically SL is using the same physics engine that Morrowind is, and it's just as old, maybe a bit older than SL itself. But overall without the physics, which LL needs to fix. The body is absolutely great. See how I just slowly brought that back? Lol

No arguing on the fantazmagoricalism of the body - between Legacy and Genus, I think they've got things pretty well sewn up between them. But no to Morrowwind....I'm a WoW girl myself *huffs on nails, polishes them on chest, looks up to the sky and whistles*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

No arguing on the fantazmagoricalism of the body - between Legacy and Genus, I think they've got things pretty well sewn up between them. But no to Morrowwind....I'm a WoW girl myself *huffs on nails, polishes them on chest, looks up to the sky and whistles*

I'm an Elder Scrolls and Fallout Girl.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, someone slap me, I took the plunge. Bahahaha! Now to have fun decorating myself and have a new "I R Bestest!" snapshot for "How does your avatar look" eventually. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...