OH LOOK! πŸ‘€β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well if he just wanted to show his Giantavatar to a friend for 5 Minutes ... no problem! But if someone like that would LIVE in a region and insist to wander about like that I wouldn't like it at all and I guess I'm not the only one to feel that way.

Luckily,Β you can derender/blockΒ all the things that offendΒ youΒ so that you won't see themΒ . :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Luckily,Β you can derender/blockΒ all the things that offendΒ youΒ so that you won't see themΒ . :)

Well I hoped so but wasn't sure. If a giant chased me and wanted to trample me into the mud ... I could just mute him and puff away he is? ... that is a GREAT feature of SL then ... you couldn't do that in horrorfilms ... or in nightmares! )

Β 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well I hoped so but wasn't sure. If a giant chased me and wanted to trample me into the mud ... I could just mute him and puff away he is? ... that is a GREAT feature of SL then ... you couldn't do that in horrorfilms ... or in nightmares! )

Β 

okay now i think your just harassing me now :|

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well if he just wanted to show his Giantavatar to a friend for 5 Minutes ... no problem! But if someone like that would LIVE in a region and insist to wander about like that I wouldn't like it at all and I guess I'm not the only one to feel that way.

I don't see anything anywhere suggesting anyone is even contemplating the notion of considering anything of this sort.Β 

Dude changed his avi for a minute. No harm was done. No harm was intended. It's all groovy and cool and okay.Β 

I'd actually get a big kick out of see him stomping around in the Bay of Fourze as I'm calling it until it's noΒ longer a bay and more of a lake but a sal*****er one and then I'm going to call it LakeΒ Talpidae.

Edit: I am laughing so hard atΒ what got censored there...

Edited by Beth Macbain
Salt + Water. Salt Water.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't see anything anywhere suggesting anyone is even contemplating the notion of considering anything of this sort.Β 

Dude changed his avi for a minute. No harm was done. No harm was intended. It's all groovy and cool and okay.Β 

I'd actually get a big kick out of see him stomping around in the Bay of Fourze as I'm calling it until it's noΒ longer a bay and more of a lake but a sal*****er one and then I'm going to call it LakeΒ Talpidae.

i caused no harm, but i think she just is uderly rude and ignorant about something not involving or in her way, maybe she hates furries or something ? to be honest i was doing my own thing, i shown a av to a friend for a few minutes on THEIR property and changed back to my extra small size aka normal size, and did my own thing

ive never heard of the bay of fourze but if you want i could like walk and stand around in a open area for you ? XD

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bentleywolves said:

i caused no harm, but i think she just is uderly rude and ignorant about something not involving or in her way, maybe she hates furries or something ?

Calm down! No harm meant! I SAID (wrote)

" Well if he just wanted to show his Giantavatar to a friend for 5 Minutes ... no problem! "

What is rude about that???

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

" Well if he just wanted to show his Giantavatar to a friend for 5 Minutes ... no problem! "

" But if someone like that would LIVE in a region and insist to wander about like that I wouldn't like it at all and I guess I'm not the only one to feel that way. "

Β 

i have common sense to others and i would not be my large form in public unless others want to see it or im in a area that allows it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

At times, you seem to be overly concerned with what other people are doing, even if it's something that doesn't affect you in any way (i.e. the teddy bear). This comes across as very judgmental and Alice Kravitz-y.

261941736_tenor(1).gif.8db9c718e5edeb342428f8e9c6986ebc.gif

MYOB and worry about what's in your own backyard.Β 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bentleywolves said:

" But if someone like that would LIVE in a region and insist to wander about like that I wouldn't like it at all and I guess I'm not the only one to feel that way. "

i have common sense to others and i would not be my large form in public unless others want to see it or im in a area that allows it

ifΒ  SOMEONE would ... what makes you think I accuse YOU of planning that?Β  It is purely hypothetical!!

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

At times, you seem to be overly concerned with what other people are doing, even if it's something that doesn't affect you in any way (i.e. the teddy bear). This comes across as very judgmental and Alice Kravitz-y.

261941736_tenor(1).gif.8db9c718e5edeb342428f8e9c6986ebc.gif

MYOB and worry about what's in your own backyard.Β 

However it may come across - I mind my own business.

• Haha 2

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

ifΒ  SOMEONE would ... what makes you think I accuse YOU of planning that?Β  It is purely hypothetical!!

can you do me a favor, please look threw whats being said and take it from my prospective, i generally like the positive comments but some of the comments i read i was not really happy for, but im use to it, but i like the photos and id rather have more positive feed back rather then negative towards me

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I think it would be super cool to occasionally see a few giants wandering around, whether they be human or furry doesn't matter to me.Β 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I am going to need a spreadsheet to keep up with what is not acceptable. :SwingingFriends:

This train of thought is why I'm wary about the campers, though initially I was excited for them (and still kind of am). But since the announcement I've seen people casting judgement about what they don't want to see... and it's not even here yet. Personally I'd like a trailer park, but of course it's not the kind of thing that fits into the "pretty" that is Bellisseria. And in its own way that's actually good too, because to have anything grungy would be visually jarring. But it also saddens me in way for pretty much the same reason; I have friends who were keen to take a camper. Now they're not. Their fear is they'd probably be kicked out anyway for going against convention (not ToS), and with confusion over maturity rating I'm already predicting fights will break out at some point the minute someone has the gall to rez a broken pink flamingo right next to the broken down pick up and roadkill roasting over the bonfire of broken kitchen chairs...Β 

*… can already hear the banjos ...* 🀠

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

This train of thought is why I'm wary about the campers, though initially I was excited for them (and still kind of am). But since the announcement I've seen people casting judgement about what they don't want to see... and it's not even here yet. Personally I'd like a trailer park, but of course it's not the kind of thing that fits into the "pretty" that is Bellisseria. And in its own way that's actually good too, because to have anything grungy would be visually jarring. But it also saddens me in way for pretty much the same reason; I have friends who were keen to take a camper. Now they're not. Their fear is they'd probably be kicked out anyway for going against convention (not ToS), and with confusion over maturity rating I'm already predicting fights will break out at some point the minute someone has the gall to rez a broken pink flamingo right next to the broken down pick up and roadkill roasting over the bonfire of broken kitchen chairs...Β 

LOL.Β  Well my PERSONAL experience with the "fitting in theme" and reporting (not just me but friends too) is that it is a very LOSE "fitting in".Β  There have been some very strange things rezzed on land as well as one big off parcelΒ  ad sign that have not gone away (this after a month and the last time I went by those areas; I didn't just go and check again now. I blocked the one near my house so I don't see it, but my alt still does.Β  So I don't think people that want to live in the campgrounds should be worried.Β  We don't really know yet how close the trailers will be to one another. They were further apart on the original set up at SSP than in some cases at SL16B -- so even though the lots will be 512, there may still be LOTS of visual space.Β 

Β 

Patch said (somewhere lately -- I didn't think it too important so didn't take a screenshot) that the soon to be released trailers didn't fit in something like "seamlessly" but likely that wasn't his word - (Littleme can probably find the comment; I am so not a good forum sleuth) with the existing houses. But many of the SSP crowd are expecting to see them in the mountainous area of SSPE83, 84 and neighboring regions. This primarily because that is where they first appeared on SSP months ago and where they appear to be working on them now.Β  So people that want to live in their gated communities can avoid looking at them for the most part. There are whole areas of my home town that I never go into. Not a biggie.

Β 

I played and LOVED SimCity for many years (until the last debacle) and zoning can be tricky.Β  Hopefully everyone can learn to live together --- or there is always that "private island" choice for those that cannot.Β 

Β 

And and aside, one of my favorite old time memories was when I first moved into Winterfell (Dark Victorian, fantasy, steampunk area) and had a dragon fly down and land on my new backyard -- simply because there was room. We had a lovely conversation.Β 

We really ARE IMO getting a bit to "vanilla" in SL.Β  We used to embrace the differences more -- at least that is my perception.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I'd love for there to be a down and dirty trailer park, and would probably give up myΒ traditionalΒ homeΒ to get a grungy doublewide. Having everything so perfect and Stepford-ish is going to get boring after a while. It seems like with an entire continent to work with, there could be room for some variety at some point. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Β My (UK) view of a 'trailer park' is of retired second homersΒ  , sipping their wine before taking an array of dogs for a wander round the specially designated pet trail, while discussing their pension investments with fellow members, then a quick swim or workout on the Nordic walking simulator in the leisure centre.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.