Sign in to follow this  
MajorGreen Pro

How to create a SL viewer?

Question

23 answers to this question

2 hours ago, cafekan said:

replying to: animats 

For that reason I believe having my own Second Life viewer that I build from the Viewer guide will be so much better. Having an updated may also bring back a lot of residents.  I don't believe it should be a free upload because the service to maintain it and updated software cost money. The next generation of Second Life viewer should cost money. 

Good thing we the people have choices.  Buying a viewer rofl.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:32 AM, cafekan said:

The biggest challenge may be using up to date technology that has no SL viewer to follow along with.

the biggest challenge facing a pay-for viewer is coding it without referencing any of the code in the Linden viewer codebase

when we do reference Linden code then our viewer code is subject to the same license as the Linden code: GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1. Link here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Viewer_Licensing_Program

which means that we often have to distribute our source code with our viewer, and anyone else can take our code and include it in their own viewer

there are a few ways to except ourselves from having to subject our code to the license, but these few ways pretty much mean we have to build our own code from scratch. Which requires more than a little effort

• Thanks 2

On 11/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, cafekan said:

As soon as my boss has all the legal documents ready to go we can than begin on "project Slipn'nfalls viewer".  Our Fashion Jewelry trade mark is complete. Need to put the fashion show together

viewer.pnghttp://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Get_source_and_compile

Its coming from inside the Second Life

Real question is, which user base you going for?   because you mentioned paid and that's gonna get you very few users.

• Like 1

What i have to click. I just want to click and open the progam. And click, Start creating your viewer. And start.

Lol

3 hours ago, cafekan said:

Our team will be joining the race for the Second Life Virtual World Viewer design. Its like everything else in the Second Life. The you want your life to be better the more you have to invest into it.

will you pay attention to the dates on these topic.  2011... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cafekan said:

Our team will be joining the race for the Second Life Virtual World Viewer design. Its like everything else in the Second Life. The you want your life to be better the more you have to invest into it.

I'm thinking nothing wrong with your post as your comment is relevant.

9 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

will you pay attention to the dates on these topic.  2011... 

Though you could have just let it quietly fall back into the abyss, your reply to do nothing but scold (and it IS a relevant comment,) has ensured it stays alive. So now it is alive again! ~Wags a finger~ Bahahaha

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm thinking nothing wrong with your post as your comment is relevant.

Though you could have just let it quietly fall back into the abyss, your reply to do nothing but scold (and it IS a relevant comment,) has ensured it stays alive. So now it is alive again! ~Wags a finger~ Bahahaha

:P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cafekan said:

https://modemworld.me/2014/03/05/sl-go-second-life-on-a-tablet-on-the-move-and-more/  

I hope to make the SL GO; tablet a better one. A house hold anyone can make it using the the above link. 

The biggest challenge may be using up to date technology that has no SL viewer to follow along with.

The SL GO approach is reasonable, but not free to use. A Second Life viewer is running on a server somewhere, and the video output is streamed to the user. The tablet is just showing a video stream and passing keyboard and touch events to the server.

Somebody has to pay for that server. Each client needs a server with a good GPU. So this gets expensive. There are commercial services which offer game streaming. They're not free. Such services have been offered for SL in the past, but they had a substantial cost per hour. However, server instances with GPUs are getting cheaper, so it may be worth looking at this again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cafekan said:

Our Fashion Jewelry trade mark is complete.

The trademark really has been submitted for registration. Not approved by the USPTO yet, though. From the USPTO Trademark Electronic Search System:

Word Mark SLIPNFALLS
Goods and Services IC 014. US 002 027 028 050. G & S: Jewelry

Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 88694466
Filing Date November 15, 2019
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT)  ███████████ INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES ███████████████████████████████████████
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Having a trademark is useful if you're going into business in RL. It makes it easier to get a company bank account, for example. It's very useful in domain name disputes. It keeps you from being hassled by companies with similar names.

It's not hard to register a trademark. Costs about US$400. I have three registered trademarks myself.  

Edited by animats

On 11/10/2019 at 1:12 AM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Good thing we the people have choices.  Buying a viewer rofl.  Good luck.

That was exactly what I was thinking mate. lol Buying a viewer? That'll be the day. Lmao!!!!😂🤣

Hi, my native language is not English, it is Spanish.
I use openSim and I want to learn how to build my own viewer, particularly for use in OpenSim.
I have been told that to build a viewer I only need to have knowledge of C #,
Unfortunately I have no knowledge of C #.
I have seen in video tutorials that many features are quite similar to other programs such as javaScript (which I do have knowledge) although obviously they are different languages.

Not yet downloaded Visual Studio, because I would like someone to offer me guidance. What packages do I have to download with visual Studio? Is Visual Studio the best option or is there any other?

What I want is to be able to design my own viewfinder options, because the vast majority of options that viewfinders have are not used by me.
Has anyone tried to create a viewer and can you guide me?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Visual_Studio_2013_Viewer_Builds#Windows

The issue isn't a house tablet not being able to log in to the Second Life Viewer. The problem is that the entire console or tablet needs to be dedicated to the Second Life Viewer and it wont allow it until the tablet as been reconfigure.

I'm not a game designer. I'm simply following the outline with better equipment and technology.

Edited by cafekan
adding notes
  • Haha 1

Its looks like everything is very exciting on our end. The trademark process going well. No only for the fashion show but also, you guess it. Many of you may have; Slipnfalls Viewer/ Project Slipnfalls Viewer is on the list. On the surface it very easy to put together from all ready scripted viewer not so much for a new one.

Visit; Avatar Cafekan on Facebook

• Haha 2

replying to: animats 

For that reason I believe having my own Second Life viewer that I build from the Viewer guide will be so much better. Having an updated may also bring back a lot of residents.  I don't believe it should be a free upload because the service to maintain it and updated software cost money. The next generation of Second Life viewer should cost money. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1