MajorGreen Pro

How to create a SL viewer?

Question

3 hours ago, nikolsy said:

I repeat that my situation is not that of an experienced programmer.

Sadly, this sort of project really requires the expertise of a skilled programmer or, more often, a team of skilled programmers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nikolsy said:

I have already read this recommendation before in this same topic. I have visited the page and it seems to me that it is written for people who are somewhat advanced in programming. I repeat that my situation is not that of an experienced programmer.

Then i suppose i can't help you. I used the very same page to set up my build environment long ago when i first started making Viewers with Nirans Viewer, i didn't know any programming either nor did i even know what Visual Studio is or how any of the mentioned programs work, so i'd safely assume that anyone can set up a build environment using that guide.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

Then i suppose i can't help you. I used the very same page to set up my build environment long ago when i first started making Viewers with Nirans Viewer, i didn't know any programming either nor did i even know what Visual Studio is or how any of the mentioned programs work, so i'd safely assume that anyone can set up a build environment using that guide.

Local Dragon Makes Good!  I didn't know that, Niran.  Like most people, I guess, I assumed that you were a talented programmer when you started making viewers.

I'm SO impressed!

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, nikolsy said:

I have already read this recommendation before in this same topic. I have visited the page and it seems to me that it is written for people who are somewhat advanced in programming. I repeat that my situation is not that of an experienced programmer.

Most experienced programmers started as inexperienced programmers. Go ahead and jump into the deep end. What's the worst thing that could happen? When you run into problems or things you don't understand, I'm sure one of the more experienced developers will be able to give you a hand.

I've downloaded many of the Second Life mobile apps on to my phone. Its really has an amazing welcoming SL welcoming mat to it. We're working on our own Second Life viewer. Trying out what its already out there.

Our team will be joining the race for the Second Life Virtual World Viewer design. Its like everything else in the Second Life. The you want your life to be better the more you have to invest into it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Visual_Studio_2013_Viewer_Builds#Windows

The issue isn't a house tablet not being able to log in to the Second Life Viewer. The problem is that the entire console or tablet needs to be dedicated to the Second Life Viewer and it wont allow it until the tablet as been reconfigure.

I'm not a game designer. I'm simply following the outline with better equipment and technology.

Edited by cafekan
adding notes
  • Haha 1

Its looks like everything is very exciting on our end. The trademark process going well. No only for the fashion show but also, you guess it. Many of you may have; Slipnfalls Viewer/ Project Slipnfalls Viewer is on the list. On the surface it very easy to put together from all ready scripted viewer not so much for a new one.

Visit; Avatar Cafekan on Facebook

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

replying to: animats 

For that reason I believe having my own Second Life viewer that I build from the Viewer guide will be so much better. Having an updated may also bring back a lot of residents.  I don't believe it should be a free upload because the service to maintain it and updated software cost money. The next generation of Second Life viewer should cost money. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1