What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Sorry. There's just no way I could face something that looks like that, especially not at breakfast time.  Then again, I can't face most things at breakfast time, except coffee.

You don't like sausage gravy? Shame. Means more for us though! \o/

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Orwar said:
27 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Scandinavian biscuits don't really have a USA counterpart that *I* know about.

Well, we do like scones ...

That's something I could go for, along with the coffee, as long as it isn't one of those squishy things that are sometimes passed off as scones here in the USA.  A proper scone with clotted cream or butter would go down nicely.

Scottish Scones with Honey Butter | Challenge Dairy

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

different type of pix...

Sheez. I cannot keep EVERYONE current on EVERY thread and every Forum Kerfuffle™, y'all are just gonna hafta figger it out for yourselves.

@Selene Gregoire fine. Just this once. The photo of blocked folks was in this thread, scroll up and down as necessary.

Various other things go back to my reason for my adorable, Official Flounce™ in the "photo" thread, which also requires a few pages of scrolling back and a tiny bit of scrolling forward

The beaver/beever stuff goes back to this post, but scrolling back because I was on an epic roll... 

more scrolling back and forward to get context

And I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting, but that gets you to the gist of most of it. Just about every link I gave though is either at the middle or the end of things, though.

And there IS an end to things, as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't seem to be for others, but meh...

From now on though, if you need to keep up ya can't block people, even with peeking... :)

And this is why I get on block lists in the first place. :::the horror:::

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Seicher Rae
Exchange wrong link for right link
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's something I could go for, along with the coffee, as long as it isn't one of those squishy things that are sometimes passed off as scones here in the USA.  A proper scone with clotted cream or butter would go down nicely.

Scottish Scones with Honey Butter | Challenge Dairy

I had my first clotted cream when visiting in Ireland, and omg. And it isn't something we can normally get in the States.

21 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Sorry. There's just no way I could face something that looks like that, especially not at breakfast time.  Then again, I can't face most things at breakfast time, except coffee.

There's no way to make sausage gravy look appetizing. It cannot be done. But...the smell and taste are wonderful. It IS heavy though, and not for everyone at breakfast. Lunch maybe.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I had my first clotted cream when visiting in Ireland, and omg. And it isn't something we can normally get in the States.

Well, you can get it through King Arthur, but it will cost you $8.95 for a 6 oz. bottle, shipped from England.  I don't know how well it survives in a bottle, bounced across the sea.  I have eyed it in their catalog many times, never wanting to spend so much for a very small jar, but hoping that maybe my daughter or DIL would think to send me some for a special day.  But we digress.  Scones and clotted cream are hardly a peeve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Well, you can get it through King Arthur, but it will cost you $8.95 for a 6 oz. bottle, shipped from England.  I don't know how well it survives in a bottle, bounced across the sea.  I have eyed it in their catalog many times, never wanting to spend so much for a very small jar, but hoping that maybe my daughter or DIL would think to send me some for a special day.  But we digress.  Scones and clotted cream are hardly a peeve.

Scones can be peeves if they are the big, heavy, soggy ones you referred to that often pass as "scones" here in the States. Definite peeve.

ETA: I have seen recipes for making your own clotted cream, but so far I haven't been motivated enough to do so.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'll take your share, and you can have my share of anything sweet. I don't know how people can face sugary stuff first thing in the morning. 

(Except jelly donuts. I do love a jelly donut now and then.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Breakfast, in any of its forms (including brunch), is my favorite anti-peeve of all time. Savory. Sweet. Light. Heavy. Comfort food. Exotic food. Fruit. Vegan. Steak and eggs. There just has to be good coffee. GOOD coffee. Not GOOD coffee is a total peeve.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Those biscuits don't look right. Where is the gravy?

Yeah, I'm not really much of a biscuit person unless they are covered in sausage gravy.

At the very least there should be butter and jam oozing from the middle.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

(Except jelly donuts. I do love a jelly donut now and then.)

Oh, now, you would have to mention donuts. I am very fortunate to live over an hour from the closest shop that sells a reputable donut, not one of those cloying Krispy Kreme things. Otherwise, I would totally ruin my pseudo-diet by going there every time the urge struck.  I am not truly fond of sweet things, but I will make an exception for a donut.

And this ....

7 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

There just has to be good coffee. GOOD coffee. Not GOOD coffee is a total peeve.

Man, this is such a good derail......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

ETA: I have seen recipes for making your own clotted cream, but so far I haven't been motivated enough to do so.

I have too. It seems like a lot of work to so to for one person's worth of the stuff.  And when I barely have my eyes open too. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You could always make it. Just need some cream, an oven, and a whole lot of patience.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You could always make it. Just need some cream, an oven, and a whole lot of patience.

Cream...check.

Oven...check.

Whole lot of patience... whoa! Have you ever read any of my posts? Patience. :::scoffs::: What kind of magic are you proposing?

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

@Selene Gregoire fine. Just this once. The photo of blocked folks was in this thread, scroll up and down as necessary.

Thank you for that and it is a good thing that thread was locked before i got a chance to read through it in real time.

That said, it reminded me of something that goes quite beyond a simple "peeve" - If you are going to put someone on Ignore, do it and move on. Do not announce it, do not post screenshots of it ... Be. An. Adult.

I cannot stand that level of childish behavior.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Thank you for that and it is a good thing that thread was locked before i got a chance to read through it in real time.

That said, it reminded me of something that goes quite beyond a simple "peeve" - If you are going to put someone on Ignore, do it and move on. Do not announce it, do not post screenshots of it ... Be. An. Adult.

Yes. It was pretty epically WTF? And all based on another equally WTF? (also in the links) Lots of WTF-ery going on of late.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I'm not really much of a biscuit person unless they are covered in sausage gravy.

At the very least there should be butter and jam oozing from the middle.

Two words.

blackberry preserves and real unsalted butter

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Sometimes it's more fun to announce the blockage then sit back and watch the fireworks.

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Sometimes it's more fun to announce the blockage then sit back and watch the fireworks.

That's something I just cannot get behind, honestly. I can understand it - barely - but I just can't get behind it.

Meh, meh I say!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.