What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:
  1. Users thinking they have any say in how a particular topic/thread meanders
  2. Users conflating the Forum (Second Life Community), Sub-Forum (People), Section (General Discussion) and Thread (What are some of your pet peeves?)

#1 is one of mine as well. There are times when it is understandable, even necessary, but much more rarely than happens. There's one thread in particular that pet peeves me on this issue.

#2 Kudos on using the great word "conflating" (serious). You may find it ironic, but I agree, but will add "sometimes understandable, even necessary" as I did above. Sometimes something that happens in other subforums is on topic as a pet peeve in the pet peeve thread. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

#1 is one of mine as well. There are times when it is understandable, even necessary, but much more rarely than happens. There's one thread in particular that pet peeves me on this issue.

#2 Kudos on using the great word "conflating" (serious). You may find it ironic, but I agree, but will add "sometimes understandable, even necessary" as I did above. Sometimes something that happens in other subforums is on topic as a pet peeve in the pet peeve thread. :)

Heh, my second one was a bit more literal in intent: A thread is a thread, not a forum. But otherwise agreed!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

None of you know what a real troll is like you want to talk about trolling look at people like britbong or a number of people who solely make SL accounts just to start things or mess with residence. Like I said I’m not a troll and I wouldn’t bother to put so much effort into my avatar or photos if I were just trolling. Like damn I don’t even put that much effort into a lot of things so yeah I get genuinely pissed when I work hard at something and it gets nothing. 

I get people don’t like me here and that’s fine, I’m an outspoken person and people don’t like that. I get it. And, I won’t take any mess from anyone and if you’re looking for drama, I’ll give it to you. Be nice to me and I’ll be nice back. That’s how I am. A lot of people were rude to me so I gave them back the same energy. That doesn’t make me a troll. 

Before you posted this I hadn't even noticed you. I imagine you are not having a very good day and I'm sorry that you are feeling persecuted.  But, I'd like to suggest to you that it's not all about you.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

To immediately put someone on your ban list for crossing borders in the sky (in addition to ejecting), without even so much as a one second warning to get out of there? That's a bit much.

Some security systems are set so that they default to automatically adding you to the ban list when it ejects you.  Some folks don't bother giving consideration to what the implications of some settings are and thus don't even stop to think about default settings.

Yeah, it's definitely overkill.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:
2 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

You can sell those Linden and use them to pay for premium. No process credit to a paypal account required.

Wow. That's true! I never thought of that. I have never sold Lindens back (they are so much fun to spend!).

The only downside here is that you have to pay the Selling Fee.  Yet, if they allowed us to pay in L$, they would probably calculate not only the Selling Fee, but also some new fee just for the 'convenience' of not having to sell the L$ ourselves.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Some security systems are set so that they default to automatically adding you to the ban list when it ejects you.  Some folks don't bother giving consideration to what the implications of some settings are and thus don't even stop to think about default settings.

Yeah, it's definitely overkill.

The above is part of why I - personally - believe that such systems should be set to everything shut off as their default. Let the bloody user go in and purposely toggle each and every setting.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Guess it’s easy to gang up on one person 👌👌👌 Omg I cannot with the holier than thou attitude even though you started it. Like...that is just too much. And then you wanna bring up past drama just to stir the pot more. It’s like you like it. 

This is exactly what I was waiting for; the "I'm being bullied, it's not fair" post.  

You reap what you sow, and schooldays are a long time past us.

Seek help!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IvyLarae said:

I believe we've spent enough time going back and forth here, so please drop it. If you want to continue this petty behavior @Ashlyn Voir then start a forum of your own. This is a pet peeves forum where we respectively talk about the things that annoy us currently in Second Life.

I urge everyone if you want her to go away then stop giving her what she wants because that's the only reason she is coming back, because you all keep replying to the things she says.

And I urge you Ashlyn to spend time doing something productive and stop being so passive aggressive and rude to people, you complain about noone liking you but judging from your responses you don't make it easy. You can't keep insulting people and turn around, feeling sorry for yourself when people get upset. You get what you give, remember that, if you give negativity, you're gonna get negativity back.

You are right.

And I just came in from a four mile walk in the great outdoors and didn't read the rest of the thread before continuing where I left off earlier today. 

So a new pet peeve from me now.

People like me, who don't read through three pages of comments before deciding to post replies! Really. Shouldn't Do. That ! 

And also, clusters of men who crowd me on a pavement when we're all meant to be social distancing (not even when we don't have a virus doing the rounds do I like being crowded by clusters of men on the pavement!).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IvyLarae said:

I believe we've spent enough time going back and forth here, so please drop it. If you want to continue this petty behavior @Ashlyn Voir then start a thread of your own. This is a pet peeves thread where we respectively talk about the things that annoy us currently in Second Life.

I urge everyone if you want her to go away then stop giving her what she wants because that's the only reason she is coming back, because you all keep replying to the things she says.

And I urge you Ashlyn to spend time doing something productive and stop being so passive aggressive and rude to people, you complain about noone liking you but judging from your responses you don't make it easy. You can't keep insulting people and then turn around, feeling sorry for yourself and acting like the victim when people get upset. You get what you give, remember that, if you give negativity, you're gonna get negativity back.

Giving me what I want? How do you even know what I flipping want? You don’t know me, so don’t make assumptions about what I want either. And, I was doing something productive which was taking pictures and sharing them. But, apparently I’m not allowed to on here. You all have been nothing BUT passive aggressive since the start so don’t pin that BS on me. Y’all insulted me and I gave back that same energy. And, people have been super negative and rude, so whatever. Pot calling the kettle black.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Giving me what I want? How do you even know what I flipping want? You don’t know me, so don’t make assumptions about what I want either. And, I was doing something productive which was taking pictures and sharing them. But, apparently I’m not allowed to on here. You all have been nothing BUT passive aggressive since the start so don’t pin that BS on me. Y’all insulted me and I gave back that same energy. And, people have been super negative and rude, so whatever. Pot calling the kettle black.

This will be the last time I respond to you Ashlyn then I'm going to lead by example and ignore you. You may not have verbally said what you want, but your responses to what people are saying make it pretty clear you are only moaning, and whining and complaining because people are responding to it, even making low blows like saying "Okay Karen" to Selene. I'm not saying we've all been saints and you may not be the sole perpetrator here but you are however the one who keeps it going. 

You can post pictures, there are threads here for that, this thread however, even though I can't actively control what people do post here is geared towards people talking about what there peeves are so posting pictures in this particular one isn't a good idea.

I have no ill feelings towards you Ashlyn, I don't know you but you seem to thoroughly enjoy being negative and trolling people just for the sake of it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Generally this is true. Very much so. And people really, really shouldn't worry about likes. There was another poster who PM'd me several times about the horror of me not liking their photo posts and how we are ALL in this for the likes. :) Um, no, we all are not.

In some cases a low number of likes does reflect that people are just fed up with a particular poster, and when that happens en masse there is always a reason for it.

Anyone who posts anything on a Forum for a long period of time will have a few people who just don't like them. Worrying about it is a waste of time and energy.

I was "addicted" (right word?) and "won the day" a few times awhile back for "most likes". So..use caution!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

I believe we've spent enough time going back and forth here, so please drop it. If you want to continue this petty behavior @Ashlyn Voir then start a thread of your own. This is a pet peeves thread where we respectively talk about the things that annoy us currently in Second Life.

And I urge you Ashlyn to spend time doing something productive and stop being so passive aggressive and rude to people, you complain about noone liking you but judging from your responses you don't make it easy. You can't keep insulting people and then turn around, feeling sorry for yourself and acting like the victim when people get upset. You get what you give, remember that, if you give negativity, you're gonna get negativity back.

It's like a really bad, reoccurring SamSpam nightmare, which, incidentally, is still going on to this day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I've not chimed in yet on your whole picture whining stuff, yet decided to go take a look.  Below are the Likes on the pictures that you posted in the other thread over the last 10 or so days.  I see plenty of Likes on most of them and could not find a single one that didn't have any Likes - though it is possible I missed some and I only went back to the 15th.  Are you truly just pissy because some of the more popular folks are getting more likes?  Given the number of people that I think you have pissed off, I'd say your numbers are pretty darn good.  When I was posting in that thread regularly, I counted it a good enough picture if I got only a couple of Likes.  I didn't compare my Likes to the number of Likes on other pictures.  I don't need my self-confidence boosted that much.  

Are you so desperate for approval from others that the Likes actually matter that much?  Honestly, if you are wanting TRUE feedback on the QUALITY of your pictures, that thread is not the place to be posting them.  That thread is about community and encouragement and camaraderie as much as anything else.  In reviewing the thread, it doesn't look like you are very generous with handing out the Likes yourself, so I'm not so sure why you think that everyone should be piling them on you.

image.thumb.png.ed424099b6402028eb16044054f51ca2.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.