CrazyTalk8

Bertie2013

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Bertie2013 said:

Could a SL sculptor please tell me how I can import a photorealistic head generated on CrazyTalk8 to work with any SL avatar. I want to start a dating SIM where only photorealistic avatars would be allowed entry. Thanks.

Seems the workflow is: Crazytalk -> Character Creator -> iClone -> 3DXchange -> Blender.... clean up excess tris and rig for Bento.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bertie2013 said:

Thanks for figuring it out. Can an experienced person complete the task upon receiving client photos, say within a 1/2 hour?

3 minutes ago, Bertie2013 said:

@lavalois: Just as it is in RL, my SIM will provide an environment for mind-chemistry to interplay with physical looks. Ergo, the handsome male get's the pretty female; ugly males get ugly females. There is a mate for every soul out there!

Half hour? Eventually, possibly. I doubt it. The work flow outlined about is reasonable. But, it is incomplete from my view. The part omitted is the texturing. The photos have to be of a decent quality to make the diffuse texture needed. It is the photo that makes the avatar look most realistic. (There are tutorials on how to make your avatar look like your real life you.) Having worked with photos from clients I know that they are pretty sad and require considerable work to be usable, if it is even possible.

Once the basic mesh head is shaped and weighted to the armature a shape has to be made. Without the shape the user will use their existing shape which will distort all your work to get the shape they actually want. Providing the shape for the head requires work to avoid destroying the body shape they have which may be No-Mod.

There is a solution for the shape problems. See BUG-216131. With a solution you still have to take time to build the shape, include it, explain how to use it, and deal with all the mental midgets that can't read.

Mind-chemistry? You seem to have a misconception about how people attract one another. Even in SL it is more than just appearance. I've seen both gorgeous female and male avatars with some really messed up looking avatars...

Depending on what you want to do, play, manage a club, make avatar heads, etc. this club idea does not sound like a workable idea. That doesn't mean it isn't. I just doubt it is.

From outside your dream I hear: 'I am planning a club that requires you to spend money and put out lots of effort just to get in.' I suggest you look around at the AFK Sex shops. Those are clubs anyone can walk into and pick from an array of gorgeous avatars. While currently popular, not many customers in the shops at any given time. Crowds make clubs popular.

Also, look at the merchants that offer to make an avatar that looks like the real you. Talk to them and see how their business is doing.

One of SL's major attractions anonymity. To have a photo-realistic head is going to require a picture of a face. Who's picture do you plan to use when the majority of residents want to be anonymous?

There are problems. You may be able to overcome them. But, if you are basing your economics on a half-hour of labor... you may want to rethink that.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bertie2013 said:

Could a SL sculptor please tell me how I can import a photorealistic head generated on CrazyTalk8 to work with any SL avatar. I want to start a dating SIM where only photorealistic avatars would be allowed entry. Thanks.

even RL doesn't have all photorealistic avatars

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bertie2013 said:

@lavalois: Just as it is in RL, my SIM will provide an environment for mind-chemistry to interplay with physical looks. Ergo, the handsome male get's the pretty female; ugly males get ugly females. There is a mate for every soul out there!

actually you have to consider monetary worth as well because the ugliest rich guy can still get a pretty girl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This idea is very flawed and makes me question if you had spend any time in SL. To summarize a few things that stuck out to me:

- You require people to get rid of their avatars in an environment, where those avatars are pretty dear and important to most.

- You are yourself unable to provide interested people with the avatars that your sim will require and you have no idea about the labor neede to make them (30 minutes is laughable)

- You have an oversimplyfied understanding of how couples form and love works

- You have no real concept of what would make your sim worth all the hassle for people, while you are already cathering to only a portion of SL residents (namely those, that are okay with stripping away all their anonymity AND like photorealistic avatars). Yet you do not give a solid reason why these people shouldn't just switch to real life dating sites, which offer a much better oportunity without the hassle involved in even entering your sim.

• Like 8

I feel like there was a sim and site where you uploaded your pictures into it and it would make you a system skin. It was a crappy skin...but it was yours.

This was years ago. I can’t remember all of the details from back then except it was a machine and it wasn’t very good.

Anybody else remember this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

I feel like there was a sim and site where you uploaded your pictures into it and it would make you a system skin. It was a crappy skin...but it was yours.

This was years ago. I can’t remember all of the details from back then except it was a machine and it wasn’t very good.

I think it was actually called Avatar Island.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

yep .. think it was in the first couple of years i was here, about 9/10/11 yrs ago, can't really remember details, but something tells me the pics they showed weren't really convincing.
Also had the same problem OP will find.. what after the head is done? also the body needs a fitting/matching skin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Yep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

yep .. think it was in the first couple of years i was here, about 9/10/11 yrs ago, can't really remember details, but something tells me the pics they showed weren't really convincing.
Also had the same problem OP will find.. what after the head is done? also the body needs a fitting/matching skin.

The funny thing about mesh is either people think it’s really easy to work with or it’s ridiculously hard to the point where you’re like a wizard if you know how to work with it. A head is one of the most complicated things to make on SL.

Yet I haven’t seen any mention of any kind of compensation....

Whoa! First off let me thank everyone for their critique of my idea. All I wanna do is to build something like Zoosk, E-Harmony, Match etc. on Second Life. I've been on SL long enough to realize you do find the 11-11 connection with some people here. Only problem is that many a time the 11-11 factor gets suppressed (but doesn't disappear) when face2face meetings take place or actual photos are exchanged. I do know that SL was built on ANONYMITY. While that may be just great for a MMO game, it does pose a problem in simulating a dating environment here on SL. For all you know that suave avatar you befriend on SL could in actuality be login while serving time in a prison. (Yes, access to PC is now a part of inmate rehab program). Zoosk and Match both charge $30/month (payable in 3 month lump-sum) while eHarmony charges much more. Needless to say all 3 are thriving businesses. Ergo, a market definitely exists for a Dating SIM that provides IM, eMail, dancing, great sex and charges only L$1,250 or $5US per month. Zoosk etc require verifiable photos of their members. Similarly, a photorealistic "classic" head would be a necessary and sufficient requirement on the SM SIM. One needn't drive a Lamborghini to go shop at Walmart. While some Bento heads can be true works of art, they are great tools for embellishing one's looks and are intended to attract MMO playmates. Go take a look at the member photos on Zoosk etc. There are just as many "plain Janes" in their collection as is the "gorgeous babes". There's a date-bait out there for everyone willing to shell out their Membership Dues! ?

Edited by Bertie2013

6 hours ago, janetosilio said:

5 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I think it was actually called Avatar Island.

I actually knew a guy that did this (2006/2007 time frame) - and yeah, the quality of the images weren't great.

56 minutes ago, Bertie2013 said:

Whoa! First off let me thank everyone for their critique of my idea. All I wanna do is to build something like Zoosk, E-Harmony, Match etc. on Second Life. I've been on SL long enough to realize you do find the 11-11 connection with some people here. Only problem is that many a time the 11-11 factor gets suppressed (but doesn't disappear) when face2face meetings take place or actual photos are exchanged. I do know that SL was built on ANONYMITY. While that may be just great for a MMO game, it does pose a problem in simulating a dating environment here on SL. For all you know that suave avatar you befriend on SL could in actuality be login while serving time in a prison. (Yes, access to PC is now a part of inmate rehab program). Zoosk and Match both charge $30/month (payable in 3 month lump-sum) while eHarmony charges much more. Needless to say all 3 are thriving businesses. Ergo, a market definitely exists for a Dating SIM that provides IM, eMail, dancing, great sex and charges only L$1,250 or $5US per month. Zoosk etc require verifiable photos of their members. Similarly, a photorealistic "classic" head would be a necessary and sufficient requirement on the SM SIM. One needn't drive a Lamborghini to go shop at Walmart. While some Bento heads can be true works of art, they are great tools for embellishing one's looks and are intended to attract MMO playmates. Go take a look at the member photos on Zoosk etc. There are just as many "plain Janes" in their collection as is the "gorgeous babes". There's a date-bait out there for everyone willing to shell out their Membership Dues! ?

With a cost of only $5US per month, I can still envision people using fake photos.  $5 is nothing if I wanted to woo someone, making them think I was genuine, and then scam them out of money or just emotionally toy with them.  Yes, there are people that do stuff like that in SL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who just might be interested (or curious) please watch this link to see how close CrazyTalk8 performs a 3D rendition of a mug shot in 19.38 minutes: 

So let's say we give the Application Operators (the people who would convert  2D photos to 3D animated faces) 20 minutes to do their stuff per face. Then the faces would be batched to another group of operators who would take the faces and import them into Blender (in order to fit on SL avis) within another 10 minutes__ expending 30 minutes per face. Therefore it is conceivable to receive 16 photorealistic avi heads per day using the talents of 2 Application Operators. To keep the production costs reasonably low, these operators cannot be US or Canada based. In Guadalajara Mexico, the going rate of compensation for experienced Computer Scientists is around 20.000 Pesos/month, i.e. $33.30 US /day. Therefore, 16 face could be generated within $66.66 (deploying 2 Operators), resulting in $4.17 per photorealistic head. Am I missing some other factor folks?

• Thanks 1

As a skin pipeline.... it’s feasible. The thing with too realistic is (I’m very much a fan of realistic looking avatars) we’re getting into uncanny valley here. I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t skin makers that use something like this already.

You're also talking about a head too? 

I dunno, it sounds a little sweat shoppy to me and...convoluted?

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.