Jump to content
Marianne Little

To all Genus head users:

Recommended Posts

On 11/22/2018 at 9:36 PM, Marianne Little said:

The Genus head and I aren't getting along. And I can see more and more lovely stuff made for it. Maybe it's more popular than LeLutka.

Well, it is the newest toy on the block, so a lot of peeps want to play with it. Am quite happy to stick with my beloved LeLutka heads. At least for now :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hope asking in this topic is not necroposting yet :) but I am playing with Genus head on my alt and as much as I like it, I really don't like the eyelashes, all options which go with the head are just too long for me. Any recommendations for something more realistic like almost-no-mascara lashes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get other eyelashes for both omega and for Genus. There’s quite a few options for you at this point. 

A good start would be Izzie’s for omega eyelashes 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread.

I'm playing around with the Genus strong head demo and am considering buying it at Skin Fair, but the meshes of the eyes aren't big enough/in the right position and I need to move them (too sunken in, want to bring them forward to fit into the sockets more). I can see a 'move' button on the demo HUD but it doesn't do anything. Help and FAQ links in the HUD lead to an empty Flickr page. Is this just a feature not working in the demo?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amelia Freund said:

Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread.

I'm playing around with the Genus strong head demo and am considering buying it at Skin Fair, but the meshes of the eyes aren't big enough/in the right position and I need to move them (too sunken in, want to bring them forward to fit into the sockets more). I can see a 'move' button on the demo HUD but it doesn't do anything. Help and FAQ links in the HUD lead to an empty Flickr page. Is this just a feature not working in the demo?

They just released a "Classic" and "Baby Face" head update a day or so ago and many complained about the same thing. Then yesterday they sent out a new set of eyes that fix the problem (apparently - I haven't felt the need to try them yet). So it's likely any demo versions haven't been updated with the new 1.4 eyes, yet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The eyes were fixed and version 1.4 was resent yesterday. They seem to be working fine.

FYI here's the strong face with the new March applier both available at Skin Fair. Love this head, and the aged look of this applier (double posted in the Vanity Thread)

I've picked up several other appliers at Skin Fair and have tried this on the new face and everything looks fantastic and, the head is also working well. Both newer versions of Classic and Baby Face also seem to have been fixed and are working ok, at least for me.

 

genus strong face.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up staying at 1.5 Classic and babyface..

1.6 They tweaked the mesh a bit too much for me to where my mesh eyes were outside the sockets and my hair needed to be sized down..

I just figure,If i want to make a new look ,then I'll bump up to 1.6..But it was just too much of a change to where it felt like a different head to me,rather than an update..

I still love the heads..I just like to make my own changes to my look myself.. That's why i never get rid of my old ones..hehehehe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For me the eyes v1.4 appear to work quite ok on Classic Face v1.6 and Baby Face v1.6. There are still some occasional glitches in the eyes, but less than in the earlier eyes and heads.

It seems that if the eye shape sliders have been adjusted to radically different settings than what they are in the default Genus shape then the problems will be more prominent. Such as:  eyes too deep in the sockets, eyes poking through the eyelids, eyes staring too much upwards.

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eye depth was certainly one of my main gripes about the Genus head -- at least the Classic one. And yeah, the HUD control for that certainly didn't seem to do anything. The new update seems, so far as I can tell, to have fixed that problem mostly?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Session "Anya" applier on Strong Face. Really love this.

 

anya.jpg

I know, that's the skin I love the most on it so far with my demo'ing too!

Despite my problems I'm liking how this head looks mostly decent with most Genus appliers on the market so far.

My tinkering with the sliders with mesh heads usually results in something a little different, so it's good to know heaps of skins will still look good on it despite what I do.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spirit had a really adorable skin at the fair for Genus that i want to test out with the Strong head..

I just hate that Ebony tone only makes the cut in the skins less than half the time..

But I think it would mix real well with the Strong head..

 

Spirit really just amazes me with their skins each time I see a new one at the events here lately.. The only thing that holds me back is the tones..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Spirit had a really adorable skin at the fair for Genus that i want to test out with the Strong head..

I just hate that Ebony tone only makes the cut in the skins less than half the time..

But I think it would mix real well with the Strong head..

 

Spirit really just amazes me with their skins each time I see a new one at the events here lately.. The only thing that holds me back is the tones..

Ceka, have you tried Itgirls? Her dark skins get pretty dark starting from Mel (Honey) and there are two darker than that. Cocoa and something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Amelia Freund said:

I know, that's the skin I love the most on it so far with my demo'ing too!

Despite my problems I'm liking how this head looks mostly decent with most Genus appliers on the market so far.

My tinkering with the sliders with mesh heads usually results in something a little different, so it's good to know heaps of skins will still look good on it despite what I do.

 

 

fyi - the shape i used was one that came with another skin I picked up at Skin Fair, it's from DS'elles. Usually I use my own shapes, or the ones that come with the applier tweaked to my liking, however, in this instance, the one that was in the Session box didn't wow me. It just looked a bit too generically "Session" but this one has didn't look like every other avatar I see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up just switching from my catwa eye to the 1.4 genus eyes once I found some nice textures I liked..

I'm so much happier with the 1.6 now..

It was just hard to let go of my catwa eye and my favorite eye textures..

I'm just hoping they will start to add Genus to thier textures soon..

Euphoric came out with some that really grabbed me..So life is good again and all updated and happy now..hehehehe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I ended up just switching from my catwa eye to the 1.4 genus eyes once I found some nice textures I liked..

I'm so much happier with the 1.6 now..

It was just hard to let go of my catwa eye and my favorite eye textures..

I'm just hoping they will start to add Genus to thier textures soon..

Euphoric came out with some that really grabbed me..So life is good again and all updated and happy now..hehehehe

I love Euphorics eyes. AG (Avi Glam) is also quite lovely. Those are my 2 go-too's regardless of what creator's head I have on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I love Euphorics eyes. AG (Avi Glam) is also quite lovely. Those are my 2 go-too's regardless of what creator's head I have on.

I was using the ZOE textures before and  wow, were they hard to not use anymore.. She does such amazing work..But only does her own ZOE mesh eyes or Catwa..

It's an addiction I'm going to have to overcome..hehehe

But yea,I got the march Genus powder pack and  Euphoric really had a nice pack that had beautiful eyes in there..So she made it much easier of a transition for me for sure :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is the March powder pack worth a look? I'm always up for experimenting....

:) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BelindaN said:

So is the March powder pack worth a look? I'm always up for experimenting....

:) 

 

Here is the unboxing

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 7:12 PM, BelindaN said:

So is the March powder pack worth a look? I'm always up for experimenting....

:) 

 

I'm happy with it. Several very nice basic skins from a few of my favorite creators. I LOVE the nose shaper/applier!

As usual though, and this is endemic to all of the Powder Pack boxes for all heads, there's always a couple of items I'd never use - things way too odd for me specifically but I understand they are trying to please a large audience so overall, it's a worthwhile purchase. I don't think I've ever been disappointed in any of the boxes. Only thing is I bought it for an alt, and forgot to buy it for my main and now I'm not sure I want to dump the $3000L on her or not since there's now a Laq box coming out and I just bought my first Laq head. 

Woe is me 🤣

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if i've brought a topic back from the dead, but i like my baby head, but i'm not sure if i should leave the head for a catwa one and this is what i look like with my baby head.

Snapshot_008.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...