To all Genus head users:

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so just as a sort of amusing exercise, let's pretend for a moment that I HAVEN'T been around for over 10 years, and don't know all the stuff I should know after all this time. Let's pretend, JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT, that I'm kind of clueless.

So, if I am a "beta" user of the Genus Head, and wanted to get a free Baby Face (or whatever it's called) head . . . um, how would I go about doing that, exactly.

Of course, *I* already know the answer (*coughs*), but it might be useful to reiterate here for those who are not as (*coughs again*) experienced and with-it as me.

(*smiles uncomfortably*)

/laughs

I have my noob moments too and have been around as long as you.

Go to the main store and get a redelivery of your beta Classic head. In that package, will be a box of the Baby Face. 

Rez box (:P) . It will contain the entire contents of the Baby Face.  

I actually didn't see it at first and asked the creator about it on Flickr - like a noob lol. 

• Thanks 3

On 11/22/2018 at 5:03 PM, Laika Ravikumar said:

I have no idea what I am doing wrong with the Genus head. I can’t get the neck right no matter what I do. Obviously I am missing something as it seems everyone else I see is doing a great job. It’s not that I don’t like my Catwa because I do lol but am frustrated at my stupidity. 

The neck join is much improved since the v1.0 but still shows a slightly messy overlap which is just lighter than it should be, and a few wisps at the back. But I can live with that because the face is so good!

20 hours ago, BelindaN said:

The neck join is much improved since the v1.0 but still shows a slightly messy overlap which is just lighter than it should be, and a few wisps at the back. But I can live with that because the face is so good!

Have sort of got it together with l'etre skin and applier but not sure its going to replace my Catwa which I do love but will keep trying

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 8:57 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

Marianne - obviously you've already received many replies so you know only Omega will work from one head to another.

However, many creators are already on board for Genus. 

Skinnery

Atelier Pepe

DeeTaleZ

Not Found

Glam Affair

Revoul

Flesh (this was new to me, it's beautiful)

Boataom

YS&YS is working on a skin due out shortly

I'm sure i missed some

All of the above make extremely nice skins. I'm very picky about appliers and wouldn't recommend any I didn't think worked well.  There's also a lot of creators doing lips/eyes/lashes/etc. now too. 

I LOVE this head. It's replaced my beloved Lelutka Simone almost completely now. Just got the Baby Face for free as I was an early adopter of the Classic head and it was a gift. It's a bit young for my tastes but cute none the less. I find both heads easy to use now that most of the bugs are worked out.

Do you happen to know where i can find the Flesh skins?

1 hour ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Attempting to get the head right but still not happy with it the eyes in particular seem too far back in head oh dear have to keep going lol

Are you talking about the actual eyes inside the head or the eye space on the head? You can always edit the shape if it's a bento head.

1 minute ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

Are you talking about the actual eyes inside the head or the eye space on the head? You can always edit the shape if it's a bento head.

I’m talking about the eyes inside the head I have been messing with the actual head shape itself with my catwa head eyes sit perfectly am just finding it more difficult with this head, any input would be appreciated. 

I do find it kinda hard to sit Catwa's eyes inside any other head (even Catwa heads to be honest LOL), they always leave a little gap on the hole, but there is a safe distance where you can keep the eyes as out as possible, but without them showing through your eyelid when you blink. I think that mesh eyes should be less round to properly fit inside the space the heads offer.

nKGWJMI.png

This is probably as close as I could get to place my eyes in a nice distance, but without the eyelids passing through them. You also might have to consider the closed eye position when you're looking at your left or right because they might not poke looking forward, but they can poke when you look on another direction.

• Like 1

You all look beautiful. I love the Genus head myself. I usually wear Lelutka on this avie and Genus on my alt. I actually use my alt a lot more than this avie. As for skins, L'Etre has many Genus skins as does MILA. MILA being my favorite as the moment because I love the body appliers as much as the face appliers.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.