To all Genus head users:

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:40 AM, Marianne Little said:

I don't have a Genus head. I see they are popular. Some very fine skins made for it lately.

Do head appliers made for Genus work on other heads? LeLutka and/or Catwa with Omega relays?

Marianne - obviously you've already received many replies so you know only Omega will work from one head to another.

However, many creators are already on board for Genus. 

Skinnery

Atelier Pepe

DeeTaleZ

Not Found

Glam Affair

Revoul

Flesh (this was new to me, it's beautiful)

Boataom

YS&YS is working on a skin due out shortly

I'm sure i missed some

All of the above make extremely nice skins. I'm very picky about appliers and wouldn't recommend any I didn't think worked well.  There's also a lot of creators doing lips/eyes/lashes/etc. now too. 

I LOVE this head. It's replaced my beloved Lelutka Simone almost completely now. Just got the Baby Face for free as I was an early adopter of the Classic head and it was a gift. It's a bit young for my tastes but cute none the less. I find both heads easy to use now that most of the bugs are worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeatriceSamson said:

hm...i have both (that's me being part of the beta) and love it, but i'm yet to find a skin for it, oh and their's a powder pack coming for the head soon. (that's what i look like right now.)

Snapshot_012.jpg

Try playing with your Windlight settings. I think if you did that you would be happier with what you are seeing.  That photo is very dark and washed out. Try one such as Strawberry Singh Closeup, Strawberry Singh Headshot or Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim. And a facelight if not wearing one. 

Remember too, that if your computer isn't geared to handle graphics well it's going to affect the way everything is rendered so it will be lower quality. If you computer can handle preferences to High Quality, with Object slider to 4000. On the Phototools make sure your resolution is Everything, and anti-aliasing is set to 16x. All of those will help smooth out and make the pix more natural looking. Playing with the lighting sliders will be helpful also, as that will move the sunlight and shadows so you can get them off your face, highlight where needed etc. 

Edited by Elora Lunasea

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Try playing with your Windlight settings. I think if you did that you would be happier with what you are seeing.  That photo is very dark and washed out. Try one such as Strawberry Singh Closeup, Strawberry Singh Headshot or Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim. And a facelight if not wearing one. 

Remember too, that if your computer isn't geared to handle graphics well it's going to affect the way everything is rendered so it will be lower quality. If you computer can handle preferences to High Quality, with Object slider to 4000. On the Phototools make sure your resolution is Everything, and anti-aliasing is set to 16x. All of those will help smooth out and make the pix more natural looking. Playing with the lighting sliders will be helpful also, as that will move the sunlight and shadows so you can get them off your face, highlight where needed etc. 

that sentence is all nosic to me as i have potato pc, but it copes with sl. and facelights are annoying as i took it while shopping.

Edited by BeatriceSamson

that sentence is all nosic to me as i have potato pc, but it copes with sl. and facelights are annoying as i took it while shopping.

What viewer du you have? You can have an old computer and a fresh, light windlight setting. I have Firestorm, and the settings Elora mention is in it, it's just to choose one of them as your standard light setting.

I also have the default Second life Viewer, Cool and Singularity installed on an old computer that I resurrected. I was testing if the rumor that Cool was so much smoother to run was right. I am not sure... but I made a light windlight setting fast, by choosing Blizzard and increase Scene Gamma to 2. I then saved it as New Blizzard and is using it when I run viewers with LL windlight only. All Viewers have Blizzard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

What viewer du you have? You can have an old computer and a fresh, light windlight setting. I have Firestorm, and the settings Elora mention is in it, it's just to choose one of them as your standard light setting.

I also have the default Second life Viewer, Cool and Singularity installed on an old computer that I resurrected. I was testing if the rumor that Cool was so much smoother to run was right. I am not sure... but I made a light windlight setting fast, by choosing Blizzard and increase Scene Gamma to 2. I then saved it as New Blizzard and is using it when I run viewers with LL windlight only. All Viewers have Blizzard.

fs and wut?

Ok, so just as a sort of amusing exercise, let's pretend for a moment that I HAVEN'T been around for over 10 years, and don't know all the stuff I should know after all this time. Let's pretend, JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT, that I'm kind of clueless.

So, if I am a "beta" user of the Genus Head, and wanted to get a free Baby Face (or whatever it's called) head . . . um, how would I go about doing that, exactly.

Of course, *I* already know the answer (*coughs*), but it might be useful to reiterate here for those who are not as (*coughs again*) experienced and with-it as me.

(*smiles uncomfortably*)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so just as a sort of amusing exercise, let's pretend for a moment that I HAVEN'T been around for over 10 years, and don't know all the stuff I should know after all this time. Let's pretend, JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT, that I'm kind of clueless.

So, if I am a "beta" user of the Genus Head, and wanted to get a free Baby Face (or whatever it's called) head . . . um, how would I go about doing that, exactly.

Of course, *I* already know the answer (*coughs*), but it might be useful to reiterate her for those who are not as (*coughs again*) experienced and with-it as me.

(*smiles uncomfortably*)

did you watch the genusproject group chat?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Scyll, I don't know the answer, but try Beatrice's advice.  Open the group info, click the Notices tab.  A list of recent group notices will be there.  It's likely one of them will have the info you need.

You're probably right. I generally get group notices delivered offline to my email, and I haven't seen anything from the Genus Project in the last few days, but that's probably the best route to explore first!

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You're probably right. I generally get group notices delivered offline to my email, and I haven't seen anything from the Genus Project in the last few days, but that's probably the best route to explore first!

I just went to the store and clicked re-delivery. In it was the babyface.

• Thanks 2

fs and wut?

Okay, still can't log in, but here is a blog that show where to find the windlight settings fast and easy in Firestorm, in Quick Preferences. https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2015/04/phototools-tips-for-the-firestorm-viewer/

You can just drop the information about Phototools, first you find Nam's skin and prim, and uncheck  "Use region windlight" as the first picture shows. Clicking on the WL Sky gives you a looong list to scroll down.

Edited by Marianne Little

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Okay, still can't log in, but here is a blog that show where to find the windlight settings fast and easy in Firestorm, in Quick Preferences. https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2015/04/phototools-tips-for-the-firestorm-viewer/

You can just drop the information about Phototools, first you find Nam's skin and prim, and uncheck  "Use region windlight" as the first picture shows. Clicking on the WL Sky gives you a looong list to scroll down.

ah, i see

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

We will see. It is the face animations, expressions, for Simone that is so hard to replace. But when BoM is released, it will be a new and exiting time. :) So much more to wear of system skins and makeups.

This is why i love Lelutka so much, too. >.< I'll give the Genus head its gorgeousness, and it's not bad in it's own right in terms of its Mocap, but there's just something so smooth and pleasing about Lelutka's expressions and animations. 

• Like 1

Wow. No kidding the new head is a "younger look," especially on the default shape. It's aptly named!

It looks not-too-bad on my own shape, however, and not as "young." Maybe a bit softer? I think I'll tinker a bit . . .

Thanks for the assistance @TatianaNikolay, @Lindal Kidd, and @BeatriceSamson!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I have no idea what I am doing wrong with the Genus head. I can’t get the neck right no matter what I do. Obviously I am missing something as it seems everyone else I see is doing a great job. It’s not that I don’t like my Catwa because I do lol but am frustrated at my stupidity. 

what body are you using?

1 minute ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I have no idea what I am doing wrong with the Genus head. I can’t get the neck right no matter what I do. Obviously I am missing something as it seems everyone else I see is doing a great job. It’s not that I don’t like my Catwa because I do lol but am frustrated at my stupidity. 

I'm not sure what your specific issue is, but one thing I've noticed is that the "Neck Fix" attachment, far from helping, actually completely screws up the neck/head join unless you manually colour it in the HUD. And even then, it doesn't actually look as good as the natural join between the Nataly head and Skinnery body skins I'm using.

But maybe that's not the issue you're having?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.