To all Genus head users:

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, AnneBardot said:

sorry if i've brought a topic back from the dead, but i like my baby head, but i'm not sure if i should leave the head for a catwa one and this is what i look like with my baby head.

You can set up some outfit folders to use both of them if you like..

I switch shapes and heads all the time in just a click..

• 2 months later...

Having difficulty getting my avatar to BLINK.

I have Genus Baby, and I've clicked on the "blink" button on the HUD, but it is still not working. I've reset the head several times and still can't get it to work. 

Any suggestions?

Oh, and here's me with my new Genus head.

Genus2.jpg

Edited by AutumnxRain

4 hours ago, AutumnxRain said:

Any suggestions?

There may be conflicting animations, I haven't used the Genus animation HUD much but it feels as if its animation priority rating is a bit too low.

Go to Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Stop Avatar Animations & Revoke Permissions, if there's still a conflict of priority it's because of something that you've attached.

Another thing that can sometimes freeze the face is the 'bones' bugging out, which can also be reset by right-clicking your avatar, and going to Appearance -> Reset -> Skel. & Anim.

7 hours ago, AutumnxRain said:

I have Genus Baby, and I've clicked on the "blink" button on the HUD, but it is still not working. I've reset the head several times and still can't get it to work. 

Any suggestions?

Oh, and here's me with my new Genus head.

Genus2.jpg

I usually use basic animation B. I never could get that blink button to work either..But the basic animation B is pretty subtle and gives you blink also..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

I think the animation hud is a little buggy still.

There are a couple of work arounds that I’m aware of. Its not ideal, but you can use a third party animation hud. I know the animation hud by Happy Dispatch works well, I’ve been using it since the beta when there wasn’t an animation hud at all. It has blink and a basic AO as well as many adjustable static poses.

I’ve also heard that Lelutka’s Axis hud works as well. I haven’t tried that one because the Happy Dispatch hud always worked for me.

Its not ideal, I know, but you do have a couple alternatives to get you through to the next update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I’ve also heard that Lelutka’s Axis hud works as well.

The Axis HUD is brilliant: I use it for photos . . . well, pretty much every time I take a photo. But if it includes a functionality to use or make actual animations, I haven't found it: it's really for producing static Bento facial expressions.

I generally like the Genus animation HUD, and prefer it over the Vista one I also have. But yeah, it can be a little wonky. They did improve it, substantially, in the last update, however: you can now at least see which animations you've enabled. And it's easier to turn them off than it was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The Axis HUD is brilliant: I use it for photos . . . well, pretty much every time I take a photo. But if it includes a functionality to use or make actual animations, I haven't found it: it's really for producing static Bento facial expressions.

I generally like the Genus animation HUD, and prefer it over the Vista one I also have. But yeah, it can be a little wonky. They did improve it, substantially, in the last update, however: you can now at least see which animations you've enabled. And it's easier to turn them off than it was.

Ditto the Axis HUD. It’s the best purchase I’ve made in SL lately. 

The Genus animation HUD has improved, but I still find it necessary to click buttons multiple times before they respond. So that could use some improvement. The animations themselves are nice and subtle. 

• Like 1

I still don’t like Genus animation hud and the animations, so most of the time my avatar shows no emotions, and it’s fine. I miss so much Lelutka’s animations - best of all I have seen and tried - but as long as I am unable to find or make a perfect shape for any of the Lelutka heads I already own, I am stuck with Genus. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Lelutka truly has the best animations and the best HUD that I’ve encountered, and I have heads from all four of the big head brands.

I believe you mean Catwa, Lelutka and Genus, but which one is the 4th one? Laq?

• 8 months later...
On 6/11/2019 at 3:27 AM, Kotelle said:

I still don’t like Genus animation hud and the animations, so most of the time my avatar shows no emotions, and it’s fine. I miss so much Lelutka’s animations - best of all I have seen and tried - but as long as I am unable to find or make a perfect shape for any of the Lelutka heads I already own, I am stuck with Genus. 

I don't like the genus animations either, so I don't use the genus hud for much anymore. I'd suggest trying the Vista head hud, that's what I use for my genus head animations

18 hours ago, Mariposa Rayna said:

obviously now there's BOM. Lots of pretty skins for Genus at this point. But where is customer service? My eyeballs have to be adjusted every few minutes. It's annoying as all get out.

The group is pretty good for customer service. You may not always get an "official" rep, but there's usually someone knowledgeable floating around to help out with advice and whatnot. The more specific you can be, of course, the better.

That being said, the Genus eyes were buggy from the start, and I don't think they've ever been fully fixed, although they come MILES from the original beta test. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.