Who are you? We want to know

Dakota Linden

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The Naked sim is still active and covers 11 regions now, I think. They specialize in sunny beaches, art exhibitions, and having plenty of water for nude sailing. People do not have to join the group to use the sim, but joining the group allows more access to some of the furniture.

Interesting, even though I never heard of the region before. I do like water, beach, nature and sailing though :) So far I mostly have been looking for the clubs I used to visit, but found most of them are gone (hence, often the whole sim is even gone), or they are totally empty/abandoned...while years ago, you mostly couldn't walk because of the lag lol So that is quite a shocker to me now. Seems a lot has changed over the years. Shops idem...most shops I used to visit aren't there anymore. So that all makes me feel like a noob again sometimes 😋

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who am I...?

A Dutch mature bisexual guy and a retired pianotuner/technician specialized in restoring historic instruments. I sold my business a couple of years ago.

I am a Jazzfan and a Jazz collector. I owned several jazzclubs in SL and was DJ in my own clubs.
And I am a flyfisherman. Mainly for trout in Europe.

My first ava rezzed in september 2006. That first account is long gone.
Ian has a femboy look. Ian is a roleplay for me but Ian has a lot of the RL me.

I used to sail a lot in SL and did some racing too. Nowadays I am rarely online and when I am inworld I am often afk.
I rent a small parcel at Fairchang estate. I don't really need a home but it is a way for me to stay connected with SL. Without a home I would not log in anymore.

• Like 5

Hello Everyone ☺️

I am Ele and this is my 8th year in SL. I've never posted here but i've been reading a lot of nice posts so i decided to indroduce myself.

I really do enjoy photography (I was a SL model until 2019) and i enjoy riding bikes.

I love to discover new places by boat or simply walking

I am always open to meet new friends even if my friend list is quite short. I delete  those "friends" that NEVER text something or that i don't meet anymore.

I like clubs, beaches, galleries and almost whatever SL is offering to visit.

Ele.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm Ren. I'm 9 days old. Right now I'm on an over-a-week-long-obsessive-SL-binge-fest, and so far, so good. I spent the first few days just trying to figure out how to make my avatar look somewhat decent. That was a rough process! But I'm more than just a pretty face (in RL and SL! :)) In RL I have a graduate degree in human services, and I'm passionate about helping people. I get paid to listen, basically.

In SL, I'm trying to figure out what I'm all about. I've been dancing at an 80s club, wandering around on the Great SL Railway, and I found a creepy haunted mansion that made me head back home (I don't like spooky things!) I'm openly gay in RL so might as well be in SL, too. I love exploring, but it's a little lonely. I'd love to connect with some folks, too.

So, I'm trying to figure out where I fit. It's been fun so far!

Maybe I'll see you around? Hope so.

Ren 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

ok, here goes let's introduce myself EquestrianMoon. I have many faces and many looks (my second life looks book | Flickr). I like styling avatars. I'm a drifter. junk collector/ shopaholic (Ison, magika, truth, fifty linden Friday, ). I'm a shapeshifter, too. so sometimes I'm a mermaid, a centaur. a deer. but also budding photographer and inspiration.  I love decorating thanks to decor-crate. I'm shy some days. others I'm brave. I'm friendly. though now started experimenting, trying to balance real life and SecondLife with +8hrs over here in UK. so trying to see where I fit in. I've tried training to be a model. dipped toe in with writing at fantasy fair.  I love horses, ever garden equestrian my greatest group find. I love dancing (especially belly dancing), though love to dance in a dance troupe. I've yet to find one. I own lots of kimonos. dream being makio/gieko/geisha.  most of all I seek deep connection. I'm a blog follower - of fab free. strawberry. cassie middles and Naria Panthar. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, EquestrianMoon said:

ok, here goes let's introduce myself EquestrianMoon. I have many faces and many looks (my second life looks book | Flickr). I like styling avatars. I'm a drifter. junk collector/ shopaholic (Ison, magika, truth, fifty linden Friday, ). I'm a shapeshifter, too. so sometimes I'm a mermaid, a centaur. a deer. but also budding photographer and inspiration.  I love decorating thanks to decor-crate. I'm shy some days. others I'm brave. I'm friendly. though now started experimenting, trying to balance real life and SecondLife with +8hrs over here in UK. so trying to see where I fit in. I've tried training to be a model. dipped toe in with writing at fantasy fair.  I love horses, ever garden equestrian my greatest group find. I love dancing (especially belly dancing), though love to dance in a dance troupe. I've yet to find one. I own lots of kimonos. dream being makio/gieko/geisha.  most of all I seek deep connection. I'm a blog follower - of fab free. strawberry. cassie middles and Naria Panthar. 

The flickr link doesn't work. Is this your flickr? https://flic.kr/ps/3ntc89

Also, nice to meet you

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Heya, I'm Charlie. I'm 25 and I've been on SL for two years (But I've only really played for one year) Still learning the ropes and trying to find somebody to hang out with! I like dancing at clubs, exploring nature type worlds, (hiking, swimming, rowing, skiing etc), playing in world games, watching movies, or just popping into places that sound interesting to me. I'm always down to chat so if anybody else is looking for a new friend and my bio picks your interest, say Hi :)

• Like 4

Hello,

i'm Andrej(here &there). I just wanted to write, that this is my 1st post here but I found that i already made one back in 2013😁. I started SL in 2008.

Anyway...i was out of SL from 2016 and this year in May come back. No old friends, 4/5 of all landmarks not works...places are gone and people's attitude changed. Was contacted some in some clubs but all what i get was silence or in best case..."WTF do you want?".

I remembering back in time people was more friendly.

I'm from Europe and generally came online at evenings(EU evenings) and i like to meet one woman (yes, only one...it's enough for me😂) for hangin around together. I just got some land (again) so i have some work there and another pair of hands and woman touch will be highly appreciated 🙂

• Like 6

Who am I?Good question.I am a hopeless romantic.I am an optimist who still  believes in the good of the sl and real world.I believe in keeping my word and thinking others will do the same.As a result I am constantly dusting my heart off.But that is my fault,blame nobody but myself.I love learning about sl and the ppl here.I am kind hearted and I care about wellbeing of all.I don't have any skills here,dang good shopper tho.Would love to learn how to take really good pics.Also will probably learn to build shtuff just for the knowledge.

I am Canadian,female,have kids,grandkids and pets.I am 56 420 friendly.I enjoy crafts music TV cooking and working.Sometimes I enjoy sl more than the real world.Thank you for your time have an absolutely beautiful day. 

• Like 3

I'm a lot of different things to different people. I suppose the proudest hats I wear are those of wife and mother to my three-year-old son. I'm a 31-year-old female, American in the southeast of the country. Currently working full-time as a stay-at-home mom. The hours are crummy and the pay non-existent, but it's easily a more than fulfilling job haha. That's about as much as I'll share out in the open about my RL world. 

In SL I'm a bird. Like, always. My fascination with birds started when I was young and only grew as I got older. I used to want to be a bird as a kid - I suppose this is as close as I'll ever get barring reincarnation! As a bird, I'm not much of an SL shopper, nor do I do the club scene. I prefer exploring and taking pictures. And of course, talking to any randoms who want to talk!

Inside and outside of Second Life I'm a bit of a geek with a penchant for comic books from all over the world, and collecting action figures. A lot of my hobbies have been my hobbies for decades. I'm very much a slow and steady type of person with a relaxed vibe, or so I've been told.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really should know better than to do this. I'mma do it anyway.

Also, Dakota, I really, really love you. I'm glad you're a part of this place. I'm going to make you give me a bear someday. I already have one of Kona's, go me. ^-^

My introduction to computers happened in 1982. My dad got a TRS-80 so he could do RTTY, and therefore communicate in something closer to our modern chat than using hand-tapped Morse Code. He had friends all over the world, including the king of Jordan. I'm not kidding. They were radio buddies.

Getting cool gifts sent from other countries, and stamps to collect, and seeing all his QSO cards from everyone he had ever contacted, like, EVER, gave me a desire to do the same thing someday. And here I am doing it, just in my own way. I've met and talked to and befriended people from all over the world, and to me that's still something meaningful, digital age or no. It's changed me for the better.

My RL has been far less than ideal. I live in conditions that make me laugh when people speak of things like "privilege". I grew up with what people today would consider traumatizing levels of abuse. My sister tried to drown me when I was two years old, so I have to force myself to bathe. My third grade teacher used to lock me in a wooden box in the back of the classroom, then flunk me because I couldn't do my assignments in the dark without seeing the chalkboard. If there's really any sort of intelligence behind this universe at all, I thank it for allowing me to find my way, at least in my own heart and mind, and not flush myself completely down the cosmic toilet in utter disgust at how my life has been.

I never went to high school. I left and pursued my own education, because public schools were sadly lacking in actual learning, and I wanted to learn. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, as a refugee in another state, I decided to go to college. I attended Brown, had a GPA of 4.0 for most of it (boy did it feel good to get a B finally, what a strain off my mind), and discovered that pumping thousands of dollars into an establishment doesn't really mean you'll get anything out of it. Yes, I graduated, and no, it never helped me get work or improve my living conditions.

I have a daughter. She probably hates my guts for not being able to raise her myself. That's okay, though, I hated my parents until one of them died, and now I simply don't speak to the other one. Friends are my real family.

I can do math in my head when I want to, I can remember strings of over a hundred digits in proper order, I can fix anything that's broken in any engine or motor, appliance, etc., but I can't drive a car, make myself order at a fast food place, or remember to engage in self care as often as I should. Things others take for granted are simply beyond me, and things I do easily make other people's heads hurt. Hi, I'm Pheeby. It comes from the word "feeb".

My only real solace is that I have real friends both inworld and out. I'm using a laptop that is older than some people I meet inworld. I had to build my own operating system to make it do SL. It helps that my autism leans toward repetitive tasks like scripting, building, searching an entire region for stray objects to return, and setting naked private-home-explorers on fire before ejecting them from the sim for calling me "hey, baby, take it off?" in IMs.

I live, work, play, build, and create in Innsmouth, a 14-years-young sim built in homage to the writings of H. P. Lovecraft. I have been a fan of HPL since around 1983-4. I'm sort of a utility person on my home sim, there to take up the slack when people need it, and do things nobody else has time for or an inclination towards, along with other duties and responsibilities like diplomatic missions to events, keeping an eye on possible problems, and making sure the shoggoth is fed regularly.

As I mentioned I'm autistic. I will never try to use that as an excuse for anything; when I'm not behaving properly, I own it, and apologize, at least when I realize I was actually wrong. I have almost no filter anymore, because trying to keep my mouth shut when I see things I can't stand made my SL less than healthy for me, for a long time. My friends know how I am, and accept me, and people who can't, well, I can't truthfully say I simply don't care, there's just nothing I can really do about it without sacrificing myself for people who probably don't even care about me; I quit bothering with all that a while back.

So if you've ever been on a horror sim and a small child-sized person flew out of the dark and scared you, then flew away laughing, or if you've ever invaded a private home and found yourself in a maelstrom of poltergeist activity, and possibly chickens, or if you ever tried out that new griefing HUD only to find yourself surrounded by prim monkeys flinging sticky prim poops at you until the bunnies showed up and exploded, sending you home, that was probably me. At least I gave you something to remember.

In honor of this revelation, I intend to make a tattoo for my forehead that says, "NO REGERTS".

Thank you for reading if you did, and I might come back sometime and revise this a bit, tho it kinda makes me feel like a dog returning to its vomit, or an avid LiveJournal user, or some other squamous and glibbering thing of similar abominable ilk.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

It helps that my autism leans toward... setting naked private-home-explorers on fire...

You're okay in my book, Pheeby!

211981065_ScreenShot2022-06-30at12_09_27PM.thumb.jpg.76a4e7ba6b6f5c0c31ec608a9ca0c154.jpg

35 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

In honor of this revelation, I intend to make a tattoo for my forehead that says, "NO REGERTS".

Do it, I have no regerts...

43862086_AndTheDamageDone.thumb.jpg.7fc01be449936c4297f8147fdef0053d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And you are welcome in my world any time, Madelaine. You get it.

Also, win for the tattoo, and win for the n00bs on fire.

You're cool.

Also Love, you're silly. That's cool too.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PheebyKatz said:

And you are welcome in my world any time, Madelaine. You get it.

Also, win for the tattoo, and win for the n00bs on fire.

You're cool.

Also Love, you're silly. That's cool too.

* invades your personal space, "Your Character Here!" *

964C224E-B74A-47B5-A29C-1FB10D9A60F4.jpeg.88d0fcb48446618cb8936e7ef54e24f6.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

[snip]

So if you've ever been on a horror sim and a small child-sized person flew out of the dark and scared you, then flew away laughing, or if you've ever invaded a private home and found yourself in a maelstrom of poltergeist activity, and possibly chickens, or if you ever tried out that new griefing HUD only to find yourself surrounded by prim monkeys flinging sticky prim poops at you until the bunnies showed up and exploded, sending you home, that was probably me. At least I gave you something to remember.

Thank you for reading if you did, and I might come back sometime and revise this a bit, tho it kinda makes me feel like a dog returning to its vomit, or an avid LiveJournal user, or some other squamous and glibbering thing of similar abominable ilk.

That last part had me laughing out loud. Here's a song you might like:

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Thanks 2