SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Ranch's region-wide black covers are all gone now, but the world map still hasn't updated enough just yet. Hopefully, we'll see all the regions more clearly Soon™.

Right now, the only regions of Ranchland still cloaked black are:

• Callaghan
  • Deadpan
  • Buttercup Lane
  • Hundred Prim Woods

All the others are visible (with Overall, as said, looking flat and empty), including the new added water regions, from Sunken Treasure to Full Fathom Five.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can see repeat regions being used in the Ranch area, and in fact one "tile" jumped out at me.  This helps the moles build out Ranches quickly. The 10 new regions east of Whiplash appeared fully built out BOOM. (not showing on map yet).

image.png.f40f338c7aa77ea4590eb506477c26dc.png

is the same as:image.png.2c39e280020396531ef6607b5e365674.png

I haven't tracked down other tiles, but its easy to see that Hundred Prim Woods is the same as Pinto Pastures, Oak Knob is the same as Clemente, etc.. 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's another nine new Ranch regions further out to the west.

They appeared yesterday, initially without any houses in them, which is why I didn't mention them then to avoid creating over-excitement or disappointment, plus the Moles were busy putting in the houses and doing finishing touches too.

But it appears they're ready now as the regions have houses, some of which have already being occupied by Residents.

The new regions haven't presently updated into the inworld map yet, so directly teleporting into them won't work yet if you want a Ranch home. Instead, Residents will have to walk in from neighbouring visible sim regions to their east.

Here's a map I quickly scribbled yesterday of where to find these newest nine and what their names are.

Ranchexpansion30June2023v2.thumb.png.1ed9cce467f0ef0838419a5a35464810.png

UPDATE: (05:00 SLT 1/7/2023) Region names just appeared on inworld World Map right now.

RanchNewNine1July2023.thumb.jpg.7b0927d637bd4ac8423ab8d5411dff53.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

[snip]

Ranchexpansion30June2023v2.thumb.png.1ed9cce467f0ef0838419a5a35464810.png

Here's the nearest safe landing zone in http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Twin Bears/118/108/30

It appears I was wrong about the west side of this land mass being another 2048 m theme. The Ranch theme is so popular that the whole planned subcontinent may be filled by the end of summer. I wonder where the next 2048 m theme will go? 

Btw, the area at BelliHub where there are calenders for the Community Regions has spaces for 2 more regions. The area where there are teleports to the Demo houses already has one for the Ranch Home and has a space waiting for another home theme.

Given the popularity of the Ranch homes, I think we'll have another 2048 m theme before Christmas 🎄.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Given the popularity of the Ranch homes, I think we'll have another 2048 m theme before Christmas 🎄.

I hope you are right!  I could not warm up to the Ranch theme so am pursuing other themes and ideas while we wait for the next 2048 theme to drop.  My preference is still to have some 2048 parcels mixed into every theme but I do realize that there may be operational constraints to that which I am unaware of.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Melissa Starlight said:

Ranchland is now only 3 sim spaces from touching the mainland.

On a clear day in Rum Bargain, you can actually "see" it! 😜

RumBargain.thumb.png.8cf4b984c8995e31ce6b1b7be2884d6e.png

^ South Islandia subcontinent in the distance, part of the greater Sansara mainland continent.  These sims are also known as "The Artist Sims", due to their individual names.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Another nine new Ranch regions are visible on World Map now.

Ranchexpansion4July2023.thumb.png.7d45516015ab305139ef4e8f83b7333c.png

Newest Ranch region names are:

Top row : Rum Bargain, Schwiegermutter, Kaninhutte.

Middle row: Swedes, Greywolf, Dillinger.

Bottom row: Lonesome George, Paydirt, Wapiti.

47 minutes ago, Melissa Starlight said:

40 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

^ South Islandia micro-continent in the distance.  Also known as "The Artist Sims", due to their individual names.

Thanks, Sarah! 

If the LDPW likes symmetry, I think they'll add about 4 or 5 water regions to connect the Houseboats in the lower SW corner of your map to the SW corner of the Ranch Homes subcontinent. Once the northern Log Home coast and the southern Ranch Homes coast are completed, this will create a circular sailing (or flying) course.

Ain't SL lookin' grand!

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Melissa Starlight said:

21 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Yes it is, nice view. This is a similar to the situation in the NE corner of Bellisseria, where there is a two region separation between Bellisseria and the Satori regions south of Stromberg. My expectation is that this gap will remain due to precedent. The holy grail is to connect  Sansara to Bellisseria at Harter Fell/Bleaberry Tarn.

• Like 4