SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

10 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Imagined speculation time.... 😜

LogandRanchSpeculationMap23Jun2023.thumb.png.48cd372c44e48f5328989d3ff52b330c.png

Nice pic Sarah, and exactly my guess too.  The railway heading up to the ranch theme I think is probably what most people are guessing - but that new rail line heading west has piqued my curiosity.  Just where are they planning to go with that ¬¬

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Nice pic Sarah, and exactly my guess too.  The railway heading up to the ranch theme I think is probably what most people are guessing - but that new rail line heading west has piqued my curiosity.  Just where are they planning to go with that ¬¬

I think it's going to end at a railway station on the northern edge of the Victorians. It's possible the Moles could extend the line to the BelliHub-BelliDemo island. It's also possible they might add a pier with a ferry to the island. 

Ghost region that looks like it could be on the NW edge of the Log Homes.

May27-railroad_001.jpg.b3bcacd5ab0cf28782eb576c01dac705.jpg

The current northern most coast of the Victorians.

April20-NorthernCoast2_001.thumb.jpg.03ad458833635869ebe6854a18cb4c18.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add pictures.
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Imagined speculation time...

1. Excellent speculative map.

2. The TOP priority is completing the northern log coast, Man Overboard to Really Wet (ha ha!).

3. The Mo-Welcome Hubs are forever a cul-de-sac. Too bad there is no water rez zone at the Rubber Ducky northern edge. Need a GTFO rail hub in WelcomeHubLindenHomes .

4. A three-region water connector to Catfish Derby is not needed. If they have regions to spare, would prefer to improve the Bell-Satori connector north of Hathor.

5. In the spirit of the "L-Shaped Lake", the three-region rail bridge is named the "Long Bridge".

6. Hopefully, the Range Homes regions will come with coastlines, so surrounding water regions may be unnecessary.

7. I speculate that the railbed heading east from Three Sheets will eventually reach Sakura where it will end. This will be via the Ranch homes regions which will extended in that direction (as drawn by 4lice). As built, I do NOT imagine a railbed connecting from Sakura to the Newbrookes at Grey Ghost.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Imagined speculation time.... 😜

LogandRanchSpeculationMap23Jun2023.thumb.png.3b81fbcb9e9f89d866814000212acdd0.png

I was thinking last night about what a 2nd 2048 m theme could be, prompted by that empty parcel with the "Watch This Space" sign. What if the Ranch Homes subcontinent were to continue west with the next 2048 m theme? I think a style like The Hamptons, but with smaller homes would be a perfect alternative to the rustic Ranch Homes.

The houses could be similar to the Traditionals, but larger and with their own unique details. If the Ranch Homes are to have their house on one side of their rectangular parcel and a field for vineyards, barns and animals on the other side, the Hamptons Homes could have the house on one side and a space for a pool and pool house on the other side. Alternatively, if the parcel is on the water, they could have a dock and space for a boat. I'm imagining a miniature Great Gatsby vibe, with parties by the pool or on the deck.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

[snip]

7. I speculate that the railbed heading east from Three Sheets will eventually reach Sakura where it will end. This will be via the Ranch homes regions which will extended in that direction (as drawn by 4lice). As built, I do NOT imagine a railbed connecting from Sakura to the Newbrookes at Grey Ghost.

I think the Sakura end of the tracks will eventually encircle Sakura, taking advantage of a beautiful coastline full of gorgeous landscaping.

• Like 3

Today, for a challenge, I decided to ride a temporary rez bicycle from the new Welcome Hub down to the similar, smaller BelliHub.

Riding south from the Hub, I went into Palmerston railway station, rode off it's train platform down onto the tracks (no station staff looking!) and then rode over the gigantic new MOOSE TRACKS BRIDGE (please name it that, Moles!),

On the other side, I entered Log Land through Moose Tracks' railway tunnel, then travelled through the forests and winding dirt track roads, eventually out of the trees onto the west clifftop coast of Log Land, where I noticed there's plenty of room for new railway track to be laid in the future, which corresponds with my latest map.

Then  I rode the bike carefully down the cliffs into the sea (as you do!), along the sandy seabed westwards to the BelliHub, where I rode ashore ala James Bond Lotus Esprit submarine car style and arrived in the BelliHub! Yay!

It was a fairly easy and quick challenge to do too,  so I decided to do it again, but in the reverse direction back to the new Welcome Hub. But unfortunately, the bike got clipped and stuck within the Log Land clifftops on a region crossing, forcing me to stand up and losing my temporary rez bike. Aww!

Nice bikes too. They have nine gears, are capable of bunny hops and doing wheelies too. But no lights or a bell. :)

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

onto the west clifftop coast of Log Land, where I noticed there's plenty of room for new railway track to be laid in the future,

The track heading west from Three Sheets is an enigma. I can imagine a railbed on the inside of the coastal berm as new coastal regions are rezzed for log land. But once it reaches Man Overboard it is a DEAD END. I expect that there is a master plan and railbeds are not added to  regions after they are released, that is, I cannot imagine any remodeling of regions south of Man Overboard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I was thinking last night about what a 2nd 2048 m theme could be, prompted by that empty parcel with the "Watch This Space" sign. What if the Ranch Homes subcontinent were to continue west with the next 2048 m theme? I think a style like The Hamptons, but with smaller homes would be a perfect alternative to the rustic Ranch Homes.

Meanwhile, if they wanted another 2048 style to *contrast* with (single storey?) ranch houses, they might go for the more symmetrical, grander Greek Revival style, or Antebellum. The latter could lend itself to some lovely landscaping, similar to the Victorians, but with the addition of magnolia trees, maybe Spanish moss…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

The track heading west from Three Sheets is an enigma. I can imagine a railbed on the inside of the coastal berm as new coastal regions are rezzed for log land. But once it reaches Man Overboard it is a DEAD END.

I don't see a dead end at Man Overboard.  Most of the new coastal regions south of that could accommodate a railbed with very little modification.

When the railroad went up the EAST coast of LogLand, we had a great spot in Grampas right on the border with the coastal Macareux.  First they rezzed the coast, then much later they did some terraforming as they laid the track.  Very little terraforming would have to be done south of Man Overboard to accommodate track, and they always have the option to put a trestle bridge over a bay. 

My bet is that the west track will extend all the way to Leatherback (although it might be nice to stop in Port Haven, opposite a LogLand rez zone on one side and the dock in BelliHub on the other).  Leatherback has a large flat coastal area with 2 Vic roads heading into it.   You could skip a stone over to Saltmarsh, and a ferry to BelliHub would be easy to do.  The region is probably named after the endangered Leatherback Sea Turtle, a magnificent beastie.

Btw, @Persephone Emerald, I have to admit I really covet your neighbor's Vic right across the street, beautifully furnished though it is!  Terrific parcel.  😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Btw, @Persephone Emerald, I have to admit I really covet your neighbor's Vic right across the street, beautifully furnished though it is!  Terrific parcel.  😉

That is a really gorgeous corner parcel, and the people who've had it always do something nice with it. One neighbor had a cafe inside.

Btw, my house is open, since my alts and I are seldom there lately, so folks visiting Barker are welcome to look inside and have a swim in the pool. It's the house with a sign out front that says "Briar Rose Travel Agency". My living room and office are decorated as a SL travel agency, with hidden computer screens in the office chairs. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

Dunbar-Regatta.thumb.png.7493051774f372970173ee6e296fdd83.png

The northern part of the recently added island between regions Dunbar and Regatta is now available on the map, although without map tiles yet. I cannot go check it right now, but wanted to leave here a heads-up.

The new regions go from 1033;950 to 1038;949 and their names are, from west to east, northern row:

1. SSPEast Fowell
  2. SSPWickersham
  3. SSPButtonhole
  4. SSPPenuche
  5. SSPPeacework
  6. SSPLittle Redmound
  7. SSPOutlandish

and then, sothern row:

1. SSPHeartwood Farms
  2. SSPGroenewold
  3. SSPBissell Sweep
  4. SSPThursdays Child
  5. SSPSuperb Owl
  6. SSPSouth Weedout
Edited by 4lice Cerise
+names
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, 4lice Cerise said:

the recently added island between regions Dunbar and Regatta

Does it have a name, by the way?

Also: What's with the tree canopy or ground colors on region SSPHollins Beach?: It looks slightly bluer (tealer?) than that on the surrounding regions.

Edited by 4lice Cerise
typo

50 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Does it have a name, by the way?

We've been calling it Vic Island, but I'm not aware of any official monniker.

Residents cannot yet cross into them, but the new regions have terraformed coastlines.  Interestingly, in some cases the new land protrudes into previous water regions - i.e. in Glencannon, Dunbar, Wetter.  There is a small island off the coast of Soft Downs - lighthouse?  RFL auction site?

Other than Vic Island, I don't see any new blocks of regions in Belli.  But time will tell.  BECAUSE ... LL has been housecleaning!  They have taken down many development regions, including:

• The black regions that we have been thinking were for the new 2048 theme, SSP4000-4035, gone! 
  • The pink Stilt SSP regions, SSP1501-1551, are only ghosts now.
  • The Sakura demo regions are also ghosts.
  • Also, down in the SLB area, the two blocks of "Peach" regions are gone.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Don't forget that there are the known unknowns of future themes we're working on but for which we haven't yet started to build regions , and the unknown unknowns of what comes after those (several possibilities are under discussion, but no decision has yet been made).

They will all have to go somewhere.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Please design and arrange such new themes in such a way that they connect with the protected water at Bleaberry Tarn in northeast Sansara continent and then you'll make lots of people and at least two whole mainland continents very very happy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Don't forget that there are the known unknowns of future themes we're working on but for which we haven't yet started to build regions , and the unknown unknowns of what comes after those (several possibilities are under discussion, but no decision has yet been made).

Yes, we know!!! 

Oh, wait..I mean..

Yes, we don't know what we don't know!!

37828E4B-F996-4A49-803B-1702EFB214CD.jpeg.63370058ffb2eb9727c7b7f5830f9ada.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

i am looking forward to it .. just hoping for bigger areas around and in between with protected waters... if there was that i would spend a lot more time at my LL  house.. or even a PP house once they come out

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 5:46 AM, Polenth Yue said:

I also would like to see mermoles. Little mermole houses. Suspicious shipwrecks near the mermole place.

Mermoles are an actual thing. I've encountered some on my travels!

MerMole@HairyHippoFunLandOakBluffs(13921817).png.806b0b637cce456bfcf1ad1c31822898.png

^ MerMole offshore at Hairy Hippo Fun Land theme park, in Bay City.

MerMoleandMolefriends_TheValleyLindenRealms.png.f541aef4c626fc9a99762cf6d440004c.png

^ A labour (group) of MerMoles at Linden Realms, with a Rock Monster.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5